Poll: How do you feel about people playing under the influence of drugs?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Stop and think about this for a second. If I don't know you smoke, why would I kick you? You think I'm some self-appointed moral guardian who's harshing your buzz for no reaso?. That's bullshit. I kick stoners because of their actions, and because of their personality. So again, if I can't tell Why would I even fucking care? I'm sure in the list of members there are at least a few stoners, and they've never been kicked simply because they have the common decency to shut the fuck up about it.

In short, I'm not going to kick you (smokers) because you're a stoner. I'm going to kick you because you're an obnoxious, egocentric twat and I'm tired of getting PMed about your bullshit. If none of the above applies to you, you can safely put away your butthurt.
    You totally failed to read (or understand) the part where he said this:

I even play with other drug users, and I never really allowed myself to identify myself with them, all because of preconceived notions that people who smoke marijuana are lazy, unmotivated, slow, and annoying. However, if a person isn't playing up to their capabilities, it shouldn't matter what the reason is.

I've played on a weed an almost uncountable number of times. Would even say I prefer it.

But there is little more annoying than a loudmouth stoner, yelling about how high they are in public, like anyone really cares. These tend to be a trapping of the modern-age 'swagfag' as well, I've noticed.

Deleted
    Everytime I get home from a night drinking I usually turn on my PC and start playing some game(wow, hon etc) and I've had some of the most fun moments during that time

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    aslong as they still able to perform their role, idc what they use aslong as its locally produce
    Funny story thou,
    During our weekly raid one night,
    while I was in the bathroom we had a new person join our raid and he started talking in vent about different kind of drugs and how much he has.
    One of more quiet members(lets call him Bill) asked him where he was from and what his address was.
    Shortly after I came back and saw Bill was in the raid group I asked him if he had any funny stories about his job as a Narcotic officer.

So tired of "huehuehuehue I'm soooooo stoned right now" <-- WE DON'T CARE STFU ABOUT IT ALREADY.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually kids who spam, oh I'm so high, and use it as an excuse when failing, are just kids seeking attention, so it's all bs to make them look cool for the idiots that believe it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I take morphine (legitimate) reasons and its rather annoying. Reaction time is totally lost in PVP
    Its the main reason I stopped raiding there is no way you can remain focused

I'm fine with it as long as they don't openly brag about it, like they're expecting to get reactions from you for it. The "LOL I AM SOOOOOOOO STONED/DRUNK/HIGH RIGHT NOW" stuff will get you on my ignore list pretty quick.

I also have very little sympathy for people who are playing poorly and use "well it's because I'm drunk/high" as an excuse. My guild ended up having to kick one of our main tanks from raid and replace him one night because he was so drunk he couldn't play, then he got all pissy and made a scene over it in guild chat. I hate having to deal with shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    You totally failed to read (or understand) the part where he said this:
    No, I read it. You, however, totally failed to understand my post. Especially the part where I said I kick stoners for the shit they do. Not the shit I think they do, or the shit I believe they do. The shit I see them do, and the shit I get PMed about them doing. you know, the part you bolded? Or how about the part where if you're not acting like a complete twatwaffle, I don't give a flying fuck what you do?

Seriously, go back and read the last damn sentence of my post.
    Last edited by Dispraise; 2013-11-28 at 10:26 PM.

Once kicked a tank from a dungeon because he said he had just smoked a joint. we all agreed he was a total loser, as is anyone who needs to use drugs of any sort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    As I said before "None of My Business"

What you as an individual choose to do to yourself in your own home, is not something that should be illegal and it shouldn't be something we bother with at all.

If you do any drug and play WOW, as long as you are doing your job in the Raid I don't really care.

Now if you are not doing your job in the Raid because of something not related to the game, ie drugs, wife/husband, food, cats & dogs, ect... than I will want you to no longer be in the raid.
    If you are being rude and/or obnoxious I will also want you out of the Raid.

So to everyone who is offended by people doing something to themselves, get over it you are being a (_insert local explicative_). If you do drugs, don't advertise because people are (_insert local explicative_). If you are a (_insert local explicative_) when gaming get out of my Raid. If you fail at Raiding because of personal habits get out of my Raid.

I think that sums it up nicely.

I personally would never ever do it but it's always hilarious hearing some stories.

It does get obnoxious as hell when trade is spammed by a bunch of potentially wannabe stoners or druggies talking about how awesome it is to be "tripping balls while playing WoW mang".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Depends on who you are dealing with and what they use. If a person becomes more relaxed from it, yes please. If the person becomes a hyperly irritating figure who keeps on being rude to everyone, yeah please log off.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Once kicked a tank from a dungeon because he said he had just smoked a joint. we all agreed he was a total loser, as is anyone who needs to use drugs of any sort.
    to be honest, I would rather be grouped with an immature person merely looking for attention than the judgmental assholes that comprised the rest of that group, including you of course. do you look down on people prescribed ADHD meds or anti-depressants? because they have the same effects as many illegal drugs.
    Last edited by diddle; 2013-11-29 at 03:55 AM.

Deleted
    It is totally the individuals decision and nobody else has the right to tell them otherwise. Agree, disagree, it doesn't matter, as long as they are paying their subscription and abiding by the ToS they can play WoW whenever and however they want.

Having said that, it is then up to yourself if you want to play with them or /ignore, /kick them.

Don't care. You start dropping the ball for any outside reason I start caring. I've been just as annoyed by people eating while raiding as being overly drunk or watching TV in the background. All distractions equal on my part. If it doesn't have a direct effect on your play I don't really care, if it does stop or turn it down, take it down etc. Also, don't endlessly explain it to me either. If its just "hey, going to have a smoke break" etc thats fine, informational is fine, I just don't need 10 line explanation of what it is or how fucked up you are...simple grabbing beer/drink/smoke etc is enough.

Other than that, do what ya want if you keep preforming at the guilds level as a whole by all means smoke crack, while banging a prostitute, funneling a beer, shooting dope, and smoking a blunt by all means. Your life choices not mine and don't give me a speech about what you are doing.

I drink during every raid, mainly beer. I never get out of hand, but I've been drinking etc long enough to know when I'm at the point of getting sloppy and can easily not get there while doing progression etc. There have been times while really drunk I've played some of my best healing.

Honestly, I think TV is the worst on players ability to play. Its up there with just being crazy drunk. High people have never fallen down so hard in a raid environment to me as a really drunk person or person watching tv. My experience though, could be different for others.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2013-11-29 at 04:12 AM.

I don't care for the most part, unless they're joining groups and under performing because of the drugs.

Deleted
    Personally I play alot when im high, but im never joining a raid/grp what ever if I know im gonna hug the fires - Same goes for lol, never playing rankeds if I cant perform a 100%, but yeah, gaming when high is really fun tho

As long as you don't become a racist homophobe, or get drug sketch.

I hate Vent+ wow Drug sketch more then having to deal with it irl.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I disapprove of drugs entirely, but if people want to play the game while under the influence (of legal drugs), all the more power to you.