Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

The fall of Jaina Proudmoore

I had this Idea of how they would continue on Jainas berserk rage.

I could actually imagine something like this happen.

The fall of the Kirin-Tor

Jaina, hurt after the destruction of theramore isle, hatred of the horde and passivity of the alliance forces her to make something happen on her own accord.
    She obviously wants revenge on the horde and after Garrosh escapes she becomes even more infuriated.

Jaina Takes complete control of dalaran and convinces her mages of the Kirin-Tor that the only thing that can be done is exterminating the horde by using the prisoners of Dalaran.
    Alliance loses control of Jaina and Jaina loses control over the creatures she unleash from the prison.

plot twist - Jaina was corrupted by darkness during the fall of theramore, just like the Sha would with garrosh but more subtle.

The Kirin-tor Falls and Jaina might die or survive (Dont think people would appreciate if she just straight out died) But i wouldnt like to see (IT was only a setback) again.

And in the end of the patch a new faction rises in the ashes of Kirin-Tor which renews the neutrality that was destroyed by Jainas hatred.

Not this again...

Jaina is not crazy, she is not corrupted, she is not berserk or consumed by the desire for revenge. She is simply (and justifiably) pissed and distrustful of the Horde.

The Kirin Tor will remain Alliance as it once was and should have always been.

So what is it exactly that makes people think Jaina Proudmore is corrupted/insane/on her monthly. I'm pretty sure most Alliance leaders feel the same way she does about the horde.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I already see a Dalaran raid..

LFR part 1 Portal of Retribution
    LFR part 2 The upperhold
    LFR part 3 Downfall of the Citadel
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2013-11-28 at 08:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Not this again...

Jaina is not crazy, she is not corrupted, she is not berserk or consumed by the desire for revenge. She is simply (and justifiably) pissed and distrustful of the Horde.

Yeah you can really tell something about the state of the game's storyline when the players assume any character with a chip on their shoulder is going to get corrupted and go into full genocide mode.

Jaina got over the whole "consumed by revenge" thing in that book of hers, Tides of War. She almost drowned everyone in Orgrimmar but Kalecgos pulled out the "just like Arthas" card and she stopped herself. I'd be up for her doing something in WoD but going crazy and trying to kill everyone is not it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina is basically the sylvanas of the alliance. People complain that alliance lore has been boring recently so they're probably just trying to spice it up.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Not this again...

She does have a reason to go berserk however because of Varians failure. He could have let Thrall finish Garrosh but instead he let him live and escape leading to WoD..

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post
    So what is it exactly that makes people think Jaina Proudmore is corrupted/insane/on her monthly. I'm pretty sure most Alliance leaders feel the same way she does about the horde.
    Alliance characters have been passive punching bags for so long now that Horde players have got used to it. The moment one grows a spine and starts fighting back, they go all to pieces and start concocting wild theories about how they must be corrupted or insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post

LFR part 2 The upperhold
    Part one should be Sewers of Sorrow

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Trooper View Post
    Jaina is basically the sylvanas of the alliance. People complain that alliance lore has been boring recently so they're probably just trying to spice it up.
    /facepalm

That said, Sylvanas did do a 180 too after Wrath.

Why wasn't it Metzen that left instead of GC?

Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post

LFR part 2 The upperhold
    Only if the Horde first spend an expansion getting their butts kicked by the Alliance, followed by a patch delivering them resources, then finally hand the city back the the Alliance and walk away with nothing to show for it.

It's only fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    /facepalm

That said, Sylvanas did do a 180 too after Wrath.

Why wasn't it Metzen that left instead of GC?
    Because he didn't get a compelling offer and has creative freedom on a large portion of the writing.

For the 1000th time, Jaina is not crazy nor berzerk. She may get angry at Garrosh escaping, but she won't get "berzerk" or whatever you want to call it. She's still pretty reasonable, she just doesn't trust the Horde anymore and is not willing to allow another city to be decimated by Horde treachery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just another horde player that stumbled on that blue post from the end of Cata. They've not read the book or played through the Alliance content, so don't have any real clue how Jaina developed over the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina has little regard for the Council and Dalaran is somewhat fracturing under Jaina's ironfist leadership.

Some magi don't trust Jaina because of her relationship with Kalec.
    Kalec knew that even if he did agree to her aiding him, no good would come of it, especially for Jaina. He remembered too well the distrust with which some of the other magi had begun to look at their leader because of her growing relationship with a blue dragon.
    --Dawn of the Aspects: Part III, p. 50

And this would seem to be with good reason since Jaina so casually shrugs off responsibilities to the Kirin Tor in order to help Kalec. Jaina leaves Dalaran unannounced and hides from Modera when she searches for Jaina on urgent business.
    More to the point, Kalec was at stake. To Jaina, nothing else mattered.
    --Dawn of the Aspects: Part IV, p.36

Then there's her attitude towards the Council:
    “But you have so many other matters you need to worry about. The others—”
    “I know about the others,” Jaina interjected just a bit sharply. “I need no counsel from them regarding what I can and cannot do! They wanted me to be their leader; now they can accept my choices.”

--Dawn of the Aspects: Part III, p. 50

It's funny that Jaina acknowledges the need to notify the Council for something as small as leaving Dalaran, but has no problems making unilateral decisions regarding something as major as expelling Aethas and the Sunreavers.
    Jaina had not given any official notice of her need to depart the city, and as leader, she should have at least informed the rest of the Council of Six.
    --Dawn of the Aspects: Part IV, p. 30

Deleted
    Stop it. Jaina is not Mad, she is not corrupted, and she is not insane. She is a pist lady since she littary have tried and given everything to the horde, only to have it backfired. She help to kill her rasist dad( Who told her at some point she would will the hatres towards orcs also when they betray her) She had her city blown up, by a Artifact STOLEN by the sunreavers from dalaran. Only to right after the sunreavers ones agian uses dalaran neutrality to sneak into Darnassus to steal another artifact.

She is not mad not insane, She is a nice person who have been pushed around to much, all she wanted was to study, and all she got was her people slaugted

My intent was not to paint Jaina all in black, although from what she says in the end Cinematic of Siege of Orgrimmar i would assume that she is mad, maybe not Berzerk.
    But if shes brooding over Theramore then she can either just sit down and be quiet or actually act, and as Varian just "pardons" Garrosh and lets him go to Pandaria again i for one would assume that she becomes more infuriated.

She wants Justice and if Varian is passive about the whole scenario then i think the chances is high that she will try to make something happen on her own.

The reason people are on the edge with Jaina is because she pretty much goaded Varian into dismantling the Horde.

She was only after Garrosh and, as far as we're aware, still has some sort of friendship with Thrall. Why would she think that they were "plotting against them" in the ending cinematic? Why would she be so keen in tearing the Horde apart?

More to the point, what will she do in the next novel involving Garrosh' trial, and after that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    by a Artifact STOLEN by the sunreavers from dalaran.
    the focusing iris hadn't been gifted to dalaran until AFTER theramore was blown up
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Her feelings are shared by many humans (other races, even) of the Alliance, so I doubt they wold do the same to Jaina as they did to Garrosh.