Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That isn't your stat priority, that's your scaling. That's a really novice mistake a LOT of people make when using simc, you don't use scaling to figure out gemming / reforging as all it tells you is if you keep your current stats identical and then gain up to 1000 of any individual stat you'll gain this much dps per point you gain.

As soon as you reforge or re-gem though ALL of those values change, which is why it is NOT your stat priority. You should be using reforge plots when looking for how you should reforge / re-gem as that actually tells you how much dps you stand to gain / lose if you move this much of X stat into Y stat.
    Really? Cause when I use simc and click on say the askmrrobot link there for reforge it inputs those into the stat weights and tells me to basically reforge everything into crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxate View Post
    Really? Cause when I use simc and click on say the askmrrobot link there for reforge it inputs those into the stat weights and tells me to basically reforge everything into crit.
    Really. And that's one of the reasons blindly following mr. robot without delving deeper into why you should have certain stats, and how much of them you want before something else potentially outscales it will lead you to have a very, very bad time.

If I'd trust mr. robot without utilizing some understanding of class mechanics and reforge plots, I'd be sitting on 15k haste rating. With my itemisation I found the sweet spot for haste to be roughly ~8450, with rest into crit. Wowprogress sim doesn't agree with me and subtracted me 7-10k DPS from going from 11k haste, but using normal sims and realtime testing I found no better results.

Sorry for being off-topic but would a dead even scaling of haste/crit/mastery mean you are optimal in simcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by cryptic662 View Post
    Sorry for being off-topic but would a dead even scaling of haste/crit/mastery mean you are optimal in simcraft?
    Not at all. If you can find such a thing, you have found an interesting point, but that doesn't mean that you have found a maxima based on your current gear allowance. For those who are well-versed in mathematics, this would be indicative of a point where the partial derivatives in three different dimensions are all the same. You are looking for the point with the highest elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpsmash View Post
    Really. And that's one of the reasons blindly following mr. robot without delving deeper into why you should have certain stats, and how much of them you want before something else potentially outscales it will lead you to have a very, very bad time.

If I'd trust mr. robot without utilizing some understanding of class mechanics and reforge plots, I'd be sitting on 15k haste rating. With my itemisation I found the sweet spot for haste to be roughly ~8450, with rest into crit. Wowprogress sim doesn't agree with me and subtracted me 7-10k DPS from going from 11k haste, but using normal sims and realtime testing I found no better results.
    Yeah I get that I ignored the sim and just reforged and gemmed all Mastery anyway because I assumed it was wrong but simc is basically saying that if I were to add crit vs adding mastery the crit would give me more dps. Which would mean I should reforge to crit however everyone says that's wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    im going mastery > haste, not only for affi offspec ,but for smothness , playing with low levels of haste just feels too clunky. got around 19,6k mastery and 10k haste and it feels amazing, tried going mastery > crit but it felt like i could go afk to make coffe between chaosbolts casts ;s

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    im going mastery > haste, not only for affi offspec ,but for smothness , playing with low levels of haste just feels too clunky. got around 19,6k mastery and 10k haste and it feels amazing, tried going mastery > crit but it felt like i could go afk to make coffe between chaosbolts casts ;s
    This is when you are
    supposed to be typing hai-
    kus to your raiders

Longer CB casts make it easier :3

Yeah I get that I ignored the sim and just reforged and gemmed all Mastery anyway because I assumed it was wrong but simc is basically saying that if I were to add crit vs adding mastery the crit would give me more dps. Which would mean I should reforge to crit however everyone says that's wrong.
    Simcraft doesn't take fights mechanics into account. Say that there are times in the fight where you get more embers than you normally would through shadowburns, extra immolates or rain of fire, maybe some fire and brimstone. Mastery suddenly skyrockets in value.

I see there are people swearing at high haste-builds, but I don't feel it's that effective. If you have a 10 second trinket window, unless you reach a new "haste plateu" in terms of how many chaos bolts you can squeeze in there, I don't see the point in going for more haste than you'd need to get 3-4 CB's out. Not to mention having low crit means fire and brimstone conflagrates become unreliable in terms of initial ember regen for aoe or multi-target pulls. (Galakras, Dark Shamans)

What you're not understanding is that isn't what simc is telling you at all. When you do scaling all SimC is telling you is ****if none of your other stats change and you gain 1 point of X stat you gain Y dps****

So say you have 10,000 mastery, 5000 haste, and 7000 crit. If you were to gain 1 point in crit without losing any other other stats meaning you still have 10,000 mastery, 5000 haste, but now you have 7001 crit, you gain 4.44 dps. If any of the other stats change your scaling values are now wrong and you need to re-do your scaling. What it isn't telling you is how much dps you gain from shifting 1 stat into another stat, so you SHOULDN'T reforged based on that.

Effectively scaling is a way to tell you what gear upgrades are worth to you, but people always confuse that thinking its telling you how to reforge. If you want to know how to ***REFORGE*** you need to run ***REFORGE*** plots.