Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Mastery question. (destruction)

small question here; is there a maximum on the amount of mastery we should go for ? i just recently got past 100% raid buffed.

P.S. any comments on my gearing or reforging are more than welcome

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Martock/simple

Deleted
    no
    10chars

Stack it til u can't anymore =D

I personally do haste to 9040 mastery haste crit cause I swap to affy a lot

yea im still stacking mastery lol im at the stage where Fire and Brimstone does like 5k less dmg than my normal spells rads buffed.

Fix your gems btw dont go pure int.

If yo fixed your reforging and gemming you can gain another 2.2k master and 900 haste :P

Deleted
    I saw some warlock from method going haste in stead of mastery. why is that then?

edit: warlocks, they all did it

Deleted
    Are you sure?

Deleted
    affli or destro singletarget build I guess. Since there arn´t really any singletargetfights that are worth gemming for, just go mastery > crit > haste or mastery> haste > crit for destro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    I saw some warlock from method going haste in stead of mastery. why is that then?

no, maybe time for an eye appointment?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    affli or destro singletarget build I guess. Since there arn´t really any singletargetfights that are worth gemming for, just go mastery > crit > haste or mastery> haste > crit for destro
    Even single target mastery is stronger since you hit the GCD cap pretty quick for incinerate.

Quote Originally Posted by opath View Post
    small question here; is there a maximum on the amount of mastery we should go for ? i just recently got past 100% raid buffed.

P.S. any comments on my gearing or reforging are more than welcome

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Martock/simple
    I have ~20k unbuffed. Still want moar!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks everyone for the help.

p.s. i tried the whole mastery gemming instead of int, and i've got to admit, i didnt expect the results to be this amazing, thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post

bcoz they often spec between afflic and destro and its easier to just sit at the 13737 or close to it all the time rather than having to reforge all the time.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-11-29 at 09:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    bcoz they often spec between afflic and destro and its easier to just sit at the 13737 or close to it all the time rather than having to reforge all the time.
    Running a Mastery>Haste reforge with Affliction as offspec is quite common. Though you'd have to have really high ilvl to get to the 13737 hastecap without sacrificing Mastery and if you are sacrificing Mastery to get Haste you are doing it wrong as Destro, at least for progression. Method are 14/14 so their Warlocks can easily sacrifice Mastery and be able to run Affliction on select fights (unless they have enough Haste without sacrificing Mastery). Why they would want to bother with that and not just go Destro on all fights is beyond my knowledge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    Running a Mastery>Haste reforge with Affliction as offspec is quite common. Though you'd have to have really high ilvl to get to the 13737 hastecap without sacrificing Mastery and if you are sacrificing Mastery to get Haste you are doing it wrong as Destro, at least for progression. Method are 14/14 so their Warlocks can easily sacrifice Mastery and be able to run Affliction on select fights (unless they have enough Haste without sacrificing Mastery). Why they would want to bother with that and not just go Destro on all fights is beyond my knowledge.
    idd, altho i will say that destro will come up short on some fights.

I personally reforge for haste on Thok as it let's me get more out during high stacks of the shout.

If you want to play affi as offspec then haste9000somethingcap>mastery>int>crit

Gems: orange (in red socket) : Keen Vermilion Onyx, purple (blue): Sensei's Wild Jade, yellow: Fractured Sun's Radiance

that way I will soon have 2mil chaos bolts, while still being able to play affli
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

the warlocks in method are also putting into account, that yes technically master> crit~=haste for single target, but for the SoO fights, especially heroic fights, there is quite a bit of movement and the extra haste helps to get spells like CB out just that much quicker, cause i know ive had to cut short a CB because i have had to move. the dps difference, from what ive been told anyway, is quite minor, and will be RNG whether u perform better with what stat you chose to go second after mastery.

All in All haste is valuable in SoO because of the nature of the fights and all the movement gives it a slight edge over crit.

Mastery>haste=Crit is the thumb rule, i imagine most ppl play affl as an offspec so u probably want to go more in to haste.

Im going with Haste(13737)>mastery(at 18656 self buffed)>haste=crit, working just fine, reaching 3mil Chaos bolts in opener, just recently got rank 60 on Iron juggernaut so i imagine the gearing isnt wrong...especially since u gosac, mastery pulls way ahead.
    Last edited by Zerach8; 2013-11-30 at 04:36 PM.

Stack mastery to Infinity basically. The only exceptions are if you are going for specific haste breakpoints(13737, 9778, 9211 etc)

I figured I'd add this onto this thread since it would seem pointless considering there are a bunch of stat priority threads.
    When I simc my stat priority ends up at(Don't have enough posts for links sry):
    Int:7.03
    SP:5.38
    SPH:6.62
    Crit:4.44
    Mastery:3.88
    Haste:3.83

Avg ilvl: 563 no set bonuses no legendary meta but I use cloak.

I thought maybe it has something to do with me not having the 4pc bonus but even then seems like a long way away from the Mastery>>>>>Crit~=Haste stuff everyone talks about.
    Last edited by Noxate; 2013-12-02 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxate View Post
    I figured I'd add this onto this thread since it would seem pointless considering there are a bunch of stat priority threads.
    When I simc my stat priority ends up at(Don't have enough posts for links sry):
    Int:7.03
    SP:5.38
    SPH:6.62
    Crit:4.44
    Mastery:3.88
    Haste:3.83

Avg ilvl: 563 no set bonuses no legendary meta but I use cloak.

I thought maybe it has something to do with me not having the 4pc bonus but even then seems like a long way away from the Mastery>>>>>Crit~=Haste stuff everyone talks about.
    That isn't your stat priority, that's your scaling. That's a really novice mistake a LOT of people make when using simc, you don't use scaling to figure out gemming / reforging as all it tells you is if you keep your current stats identical and then gain up to 1000 of any individual stat you'll gain this much dps per point you gain.

As soon as you reforge or re-gem though ALL of those values change, which is why it is NOT your stat priority. You should be using reforge plots when looking for how you should reforge / re-gem as that actually tells you how much dps you stand to gain / lose if you move this much of X stat into Y stat.