Question [Holy in BG/RBG] Have it hard with " how it works " ... help required :)

Hi,

I've been a looonnnng time Retribution paladin, and for roster purpose (Ret invasion), it would be better for me to go holy for some time. I've played holy in raid a long time ago for a brief period (Naxxaramas). The only other " healer " I play regularly is a mistweaver monk. I bought the whole holy set, read a few guides here and there, and I started running a few bg and Tol Barad.

Here are my feelings, I'm worried about the spec, and would like to learn how to play it efficiently :
    - It's so slow to cast a spell, I'm quite often interrupted, it's a very frustrating feeling !
    - When someone's " training " me, I have a very hard time to stand and heal the damage on myself, I try to cast a few things, but it's never fast and efficient enough.

As a monk, things seem much quicker, I have mobility, I heal many people with instant hots, and I can be very defensive.

Anyway, I see and meet very strong and efficient paladins, that's inspiring, so I guess there's something to understand that I didn't yet, and something to do to improve, that's certain.

That's why I'm asking, from a " Mass " PVP perspective, how do you proceed :
    - To heal in emergency ?
    - When you're being trained ?
    - Are there some spells that have very little to no room in PVP (and that I should not focus on for now) ?

Thanks in advance, I want to progress !

I'm far from a "good" PVPer but here's what I've seen via experience:

Being Trained - This seems to be at first a big, big positioning issue. In most mass (RBG) situations for healers especially a paladin once the entire enemy team is on you, you're pretty much fucked unless you have a bubble AND your teammates block the enemy team from removing it. Other than that you can Devotion Aura to cast, and you also have your teammates for support (if your group cannot identify and heal the person being trained you are just going to fail hard over and over again).

Most of the time when I get instantly trained I look back and the problem could have easily been solved by better positioning off the start. If the enemy team has to run through your entire team to get to you it's probably not gonna happen.

Healing - Try to have HP saved up if you don't need it for emergencies for WoG/EF, those are your strongest emergency heals. If you swap around Beacon too, that's going to be a decent amount also Flash of Light gives 2 HP on a Beacon target.

I would recommend ALL spells bound in PvP you can definitely use all of them (for instance DL/HL/HR on a proc). Judgment to interrupt flag caps for instance. That said the only one that seems truly useless is Crusader Strike (and you can probably just bind it anyway). Oh and I don't bind Seal of Truth or Righteousness either.

As a personal touch I usually love to use Hand of Salvation when I have a Dark Sim on me, but that's me.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-11-28 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks for your help ! I kept Crusader Strike to build up HP, as I never know if I should really stay " away " from melee (mostly) and enemy in general, or try to reach an enemy who's away from melee too (caster), and " use " him to build HP ... and maybe annoy him a little too ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    Thanks for your help ! I kept Crusader Strike to build up HP, as I never know if I should really stay " away " from melee (mostly) and enemy in general, or try to reach an enemy who's away from melee too (caster), and " use " him to build HP ... and maybe annoy him a little too ^^
    Eh... stay away?