Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    You can't use Ordos group as an example. I barely look at my WoW screen when doing Ordos.
    Fair enough, you many not, but I do pay attention to the fight, it may be a yawn fest for many but I prefer to represent my class as best I can. For me the class feels fine, I feel I am close enough to other classes overall that I do not need any special buffs or changes. I am sorry if at the level many of you play it is not, but it works for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Hunters warlocks and shaman can pretty much move and cast freely.
    shadow priests are not alone...

Quote Originally Posted by marathal View Post
    Fair enough, you many not, but I do pay attention to the fight, it may be a yawn fest for many but I prefer to represent my class as best I can. For me the class feels fine, I feel I am close enough to other classes overall that I do not need any special buffs or changes. I am sorry if at the level many of you play it is not, but it works for me.
    You're close enough to the people who hit the boss and afk? sounds like a very sound arguement. Heroic raiding 10 or 25 and high ranked PvP is the only way to really see what a class is compared to others of the same skill, that way you are not competing against players who are afk/sleeping. Normal modes/world bosses/lfr/flex are god awful ways to show the difference in class design/balance.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    Just using that as an example of a single target fight. It may be unbalanced at your level, it works for me. And that is all that really matters.

I can do more dmg on a target dummy outside two moons than some afk warrior auto attacking, which means my class is good right? Your argument means nothing when its that unsound.

15+ Year Old Account
    Drye please stop. I play my Shadow Priest just fine in LFR.

PS grats on Warlock staff. Evan told me your warlock already out DPS's your Spriest, ggwp. <3

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    Drye please stop. I play my Shadow Priest just fine in LFR.
    I c wut u did ther, huehuehue

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    PS grats on Warlock staff. Evan told me your warlock already out DPS's your Spriest, ggwp. <3
    Yeah, chaos bolt hits harder than mindblast 577ilvl shdow priest vs 525ilvl warlock, real cool.

Honestly... Anecdotal evidence from one raid group to another is just as valid regardless of LFR, Flex, Normal, heroic... because it's all anecdotal. It's easy to see someone post that something feels good to them because in their raid group they seem to do well, and just reply "well everyone else in your group must just suck". Without logs to look at any assumptions you make about someone else's raid group are just assumptions and are just as valid as someone claiming to be in a World top 20 guild and claiming to top all the charts in their group; without anything backing up it's just someone's opinion which is completely fine. Also bad form picking on someone who starts their statement with "I cannot speak for the heroic progression raiding levels of skill" as they already acknowledged the fact their experience is just their own personal experience and weren't making statements about how other people should feel about it.

Could we please not stoop to the lowest possible denominator and refrain from picking on people who have different opinions? I know you guys can be better than this.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-12-05 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I 'rarely' play my priest any more but i can agree that any time you need to move your dps is getting gibbed. Who knows what WoD will bring maybe one of your level up skills allows MF to cast while moving

spriest burst is the most insane in the game. Hands down the highest. Can burn someone from from 100-0 in the course of One 3orb DP Mindflay insanity -

if there are any changes whatsoever to their mobility then they need a major nerf bat to the testes for damage.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    spriest burst is the most insane in the game. Hands down the highest. Can burn someone from from 100-0 in the course of One 3orb DP Mindflay insanity -

if there are any changes whatsoever to their mobility then they need a major nerf bat to the testes for damage.
    That's nerfed in WoD already. Damage are shifting from our DoTs to our nukes.

On another note, spriest burst is the easiest to prevent as well in this game. If you're bad enough to let the easiest spec to lock down freecast for that long you deserve to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post

Enh shamans have the highest burst in the game. SPriests are the 2nd lowest.

Per class simmed single target *peak*, t16H:

Enh Shaman: 1,685,471
    Bal Druid: 1,394,810
    BM Hunter: 1,284,934
    Frost Mage: 1,164,289
    Aff Lock: 1,136,918
    Sub Rogue: 1,042,599
    Unh DK: 950,071
    2h Fury War: 788,878
    Ret Pally: 929,320
    SPriest: 692,789
    DW Monk: 641,672

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    I c wut u did ther, huehuehue

Yeah, chaos bolt hits harder than mindblast 577ilvl shdow priest vs 525ilvl warlock, real cool.
    That's hardly a fair comparison. CB has a higher sp coefficient and cast time, scales with crit and mastery, and always crits. That and it isn't being cast every 8 seconds (more with procs). You can't just compare two abilities in a vacuum and expect them to be equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    That's hardly a fair comparison. CB has a higher sp coefficient and cast time, scales with crit and mastery, and always crits. That and it isn't being cast every 8 seconds (more with procs). You can't just compare two abilities in a vacuum and expect them to be equal.
    It's also a better designed spell. Warlocks in general are just better designed. All of their main abilities can be cast on the move just the big nukes need you to stand still and cast them. They have pretty much zero wasted resources and everything can be managed perfectly. They have the ability to bank their abilities through embers/soul shards/demonic power to let the warlock take perfect use of procs compared to any other class who has to cross their fingers that their trinkets proc when their CDs are up. Oh, and they also are just naturally better damage dealers for the cherry on top! And when solo farming they also have a personal tank and can heal better/more efficiently than a shadow priest as well. And Destro is skill level about as hard as cata arcane mage was to play. Pretty awesome having a relatively skill less spec that out damages everyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    I know this isn't a new problem but I'm a little late to the game. I just leveled up a shadow priest to get it to 90 to raid as disc. And good God if a priest ever has to move at a time that doesn't involve naturally refreshing sw the whole rotation and dps just goes down the poop hole.

Hunters warlocks and shaman can pretty much move and cast freely. Moonkin and mages have enough instants and mages have the talent to let them move and cast that they can work around having to move in a fight. Why are shadow priests the only ranged class not to have a good mobility ability? Every fight gets a "get out of the fire" mechanic and every ranged has a way to do so without losing dps it seems like it should only be fair that shadow priests get something too!
    Afaik, oomkins have it hard if they have to move at the wrong time, ruining their dps entirely. Don't play one so i'm just going with what i heard >.>
    Warlocks can move if they pick the right talent. Almost all are destruction now, and will preferable go with double burst, instead of movement.
    Hunters has always been able to run around, to make us hate them more while they jumped around us while we stood still in fire to finish our cast.

Overall i guess they're more into removing mobility for casters, than giving more. It's one of the reasons casters are prefered over melee, since they can move pretty well, and avoid stacking up.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

true story OP. tell it to Blizz.

It's too lopsided. The mobile ranged are too mobile which makes everyone else look bad. They just need to tip the seesaw a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Basically, shadow is very simple. There isn't much if a skill cap on the class. It's gone from being one of the hardest to being one of the easiest. Shadow has a high average on sites like that because it's easier to do well, we have a much smaller range of dps. Now looking at warlocks, they have a much higher skill cap meaning they can get higher results from outplaying the class. So the few very high ranked players carry all of the bad players by a vet large margin.
    What Drye said is indd true. But, i don't think that's the only explanation because there is also quite a gap between very good spriests and bad ones. Numbers are pretty wrong in that we have some fights where we truely shine. For example, take the numbers of a good multidot fight like the protectors. It increases our numbers but doesnt show we're weak in some other fights thus making us seem better than we really are. Just like i remember us having good numbers on the rest of MOP because of those 'niche" fights like Tortos / Horridon / Un'sok / Elegon.
    Last edited by mmoc30c749684f; 2013-12-06 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    They could have easily balanced locks better instantly if they used their brains a bit more frequently.
    The devs did a good job on the redesign but totally sucked and failed at every other aspect when it came to locks.

They should have never given them the ability to cast anything other than fillers on the move, from the start.
    Their AoE talent should have been a CD from the start of the expansion.
    Their current double dark soul talent is way too overpowered and shouldn't have made it live either.

They should have fixed doom critical ticks to not guarantee imps, they wouldn't have been OP in tot.

They should have never given chaos bolt buffs because for a resource spell it hits too hard.
    They should have never given incinerate buffs because which classes their fillers hit for 500-700k at a 1sec cast?
    They should have given shadowburn a cooldown, which class can spam 4x +1 million executes in a row (even more with havoc).

A lot of these suggestions would have kept them more balanced, if only devs had the potency to think before doing things.

Deleted
    Hikashuri has explained it very well : destro locks are way too OP. They were not only buffed on their strongest spell (which is certainly of the worst designed spells ever : Who can double 1,5 M chaos bolt thanks to their tumult ?????) they were also buffed on their filler (when was the last time we got buffed on mind flay ??) which is a short cast and combined with their RoF and AOE abilities is way too OP.

And shadowburn, omg............... Possibly what makes them so strong. Multiple adds = X 1M damages + filled embers (at least they should remove that or the lack of CD on this ability). If we could basically hit every low life target with Sw: D then i'd say ok for warlocks but that is beyond imagination. Sometimes on my lock alt i just afk in dungeons and just burn every low life add, i'm always first or second in dps by just doing BS and afking.

The funniest thing ever was when our lock complained about how hard he was hit by the really annoying interrupt of Thok...............................When with just a glyph he can reduce the CD of unending resolve (which allows him to cast without interruption for a whole 8 sec)............So what's your problem then ???? how can you complain about that fight when we suffer so dearly (of course we can use other talents but here is not the point)....