Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Adding more mobility based abilities is the worst idea people can possibly come up with.
    Anyone who says to add MF on the move is just wasting everyone's time. You are not helping, stop posting it.
    Unfortunately this is true. I am waging a debate/war with Holinka and Celestalon about Shadow Orbs as we speak. I will win because I MUST win! ;-) Ideally, Psychic Horror becomes abaseline disarm for all priests, and Shadow gets a Passive to make Psychic Horror a horrify + disarm with a 1 min CD.

The way to balance it, is to take all of it away not add more.
    I couldn't agree more. But I honestly don't see them removing cast on the move for neither warlocks, hunters nor shaman, or taking blink away from mages, so that's moot too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. MF on the move, no TY. Running around Timeless Isle chasing Evermaw spamming stuff on the move, feels wrong, its totally boring. Keep the level of skill required to know when you need to move and maximize DoT uptimes.

We have a channeled spell that keeps locked on target even if they are running circles around us or charging across a room. I will take that over a melee that has to constantly chase a target being kited all over a room. Giving us MF on the move to make us like other classes is just that, making us like other classes. It all comes down to raid awareness, knowing where to stand, when to move, when to refresh prior to having to move. If I wanted to be able to cast like a Warlock or Mage, I would play a Warlock or Mage. Look at our tool kit, Feathers, MF glyph for stacking speed boost, Shield glyph to move faster, there are 3 methods for us to utilize a speed boost mechanic to get from one spot to another as quickly as possible and back on target quickly. Additionally while running we can spam SwP, and the occasional instant MB, all the while Shadow Apparitions are spawning while we move.

Other classes need to have some tweaks to their numbers and abilities. What we should be focusing on is making sure they do not try to pull an overhaul of the class again like they did at the beginning of Mists. Remove DP?? Do we all recall over a year ago?

They've said multiple times that they want to remove a lot of classes ability to cast while moving once 6.0/wod comes out, so basic logic and understand of how classes work would determine that... All you've done is proven my point, that it's currently an arms race. They add more and more to classes making it more and more unbalanced.

Except most classes are not balanced around it. There should be a skill cap on casters where the better player can maximize fight mechanics and balance standing still to yield better dps, shadow is pretty much one of the only classes that has that right now.
    Again, just like before. This is a massive undertaking. It's not just removing mobility, removing/changing/replacing various talents, spells and set bonuses. It's not just removing mobility from casters period. You have to add every every possible way for them to be viable without that mobility. You have to change every single non-caster in the game on top of that, you have to gut/nerf/change them. You have to take away most of the gap closers, and increase their cooldown times or simply change how they work at a base or you have to buff up all the casters so much that melee being on them all the time is still playable. You have to take away the majority of melee CC. You have to nerf, limit or gut the interrupts. You have to change all manner of non-caster abilities, armor set bonuses and talents to balance out the fact that the casters are no longer mobile. You have to change raid boss mechanics, and any fights that require mobility. You have to do countless intricate things if you make it so the casters are all non-mobile.

All these things need addressed, and countless more things than I'm mentioning.

But you think its a mobility arms race now?

All that would result in is another arms race. Just a different arms race. And if you believe otherwise, you're naive beyond words. It's still an arms race, it just becomes about abilities, talents and gear that help the caster survive being sat on because they're no longer mobile. Abilities, talents and gear that even Shadow, in its current state, has not found a happy balance of, and for a number of reasons running the full spectrum of every single possible discussion that's ever been had on Shadow.
    Last edited by Purple; 2013-12-12 at 02:32 PM.

The biggest problem with our lack of mobility is that we aren't compensated when standing still. It's not really balanced to have some casters do the same or more stand still nuking AND be able to do a lot of damage on the run, and then tell shadow, no mobility damage for you, and when standing still we want you in the middle of the pack.

Maybe this was due to our offhealing ability (no one likes to mention hybrid tax but realistically they can't give us too much damage while also healing - so yeah), so if they remove some of the healing in 6.0 hopefully we will see our stand still damage be one of the highest, and still do zero when moving.

That solves their big desire to have shadow not do any damage on the move and still keeps us competitive. It also adds a bit of a skill factor in using positioning, timing and things like our shields etc, to squeeze in extra damage when we can stand still, and time moving when it impacts us the least. Right now, you just start in the middle, and fall lower and lower and lower with every mechanic lol.

didn't they already mention at blizzcon that they are removing 90 talents being able to heal and do damage at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    didn't they already mention at blizzcon that they are removing 90 talents being able to heal and do damage at the same time.
    Whaaat? Is this true? Then our off-healing, our one claim to usefulness in the raid is going to be damaged further? Forgive me for being picky, but are you able to link a source to this, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Again, just like before. This is a massive undertaking. It's not just removing mobility, removing/changing/replacing various talents, spells and set bonuses. It's not just removing mobility from casters period. You have to add every every possible way for them to be viable without that mobility. You have to change every single non-caster in the game on top of that, you have to gut/nerf/change them. You have to take away most of the gap closers, and increase their cooldown times or simply change how they work at a base or you have to buff up all the casters so much that melee being on them all the time is still playable. You have to take away the majority of melee CC. You have to nerf, limit or gut the interrupts. You have to change all manner of non-caster abilities, armor set bonuses and talents to balance out the fact that the casters are no longer mobile. You have to change raid boss mechanics, and any fights that require mobility. You have to do countless intricate things if you make it so the casters are all non-mobile.

All these things need addressed, and countless more things than I'm mentioning.

But you think its a mobility arms race now?

All that would result in is another arms race. Just a different arms race. And if you believe otherwise, you're naive beyond words. It's still an arms race, it just becomes about abilities, talents and gear that help the caster survive being sat on because they're no longer mobile. Abilities, talents and gear that even Shadow, in its current state, has not found a happy balance of, and for a number of reasons running the full spectrum of every single possible discussion that's ever been had on Shadow.
    Oh, I agree with the way it is now. Either way is going to be a pain to fix. I personally like the idea of abilities like Icy Foes, where you get an ability to cast 1 spell on a charge. I think those are fine, but, abilities like K Cunning are wasted.

Yes, they did.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinalcrack View Post
    The biggest problem with our lack of mobility is that we aren't compensated when standing still.
    /tencharacters
    Last edited by Frmercury; 2013-12-13 at 02:42 AM.

Yay. No more snapshotting. No more extra healing. Subpar dps.

I'd consider rerolling mage but I love my priest too much (and now that GC is gone maybe this time they won't be OP).

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    I'd consider rerolling mage but I love my priest too much (and now that GC is gone maybe this time they won't be OP).
    Because GC makes every single decision by himself.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Because GC makes every single decision by himself.
    Of course he did. And he was a gnome mage in disguise. And he didn't get us ponies. XD

Oh, I agree with the way it is now. Either way is going to be a pain to fix. I personally like the idea of abilities like Icy Foes, where you get an ability to cast 1 spell on a charge. I think those are fine, but, abilities like K Cunning are wasted.
    Alright, just so we're on the same page with that.

Yeah, it would be great if Shadow Priests had a talent that gave them a chance at instant cast Mind Blasts, and Mind Spikes.

It would be great if those were baseline instead of a talent.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    Drye please stop. I play my Shadow Priest just fine in LFR.

PS grats on Warlock staff. Evan told me your warlock already out DPS's your Spriest, ggwp. <3
    Brb, resubbing to play my lock...