Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Chakra is here to stay, says Celestalon ‏

@Celestalon Any chance of removing chakra for next xPac. So many priests would love to play Holy again.

Celestalon ‏@Celestalon

@ZionHai Unlikely to remove it, but likely to make it less cumbersome to use.

Welcome 15s cd, passive "buffs" probably stay, another disc xPac coming.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're extrapolating way too much from a simple announcement. . . (especially at this stage)

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    I think you're extrapolating way too much from a simple announcement. . . (especially at this stage)
    Well, he said what he said. I'd love to be wrong here.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said "less cumbersome." That could mean anything from no cooldown to a short term buff to anything in between. Ease up on the throttle, chicken little.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    @Celestalon Any chance of removing chakra for next xPac. So many priests would love to play Holy again.

Celestalon ‏@Celestalon

@ZionHai Unlikely to remove it, but likely to make it less cumbersome to use.

Welcome 15s cd, passive "buffs" probably stay, another disc xPac coming.
    Unfortunatly, I think you are right... And that would mean I would for sure reroll Disc or another healing class, if I continue raiding at all. A 15s CD would only make things worse. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Unfortunatly, I think you are right... And that would mean I would for sure reroll Disc or another healing class, if I continue raiding at all. A 15s CD would only make things worse. IMO.
    Not sure if worse, but it would most certainly won't fix anything, its a slap in the face because Blizzard knows very well by now that the problem is the mechanic of ST vs. AoE, and not the 30 seconds cd. I'm still hoping they at least remove the passive buffs for each stance and make them baseline, so we can at least get a breather. But I really doubt they're going to spent a lot of time on a spec nobody plays anyway.

Just make chakra independently have a 2 minute cooldown and 20 second duration.

Sanctuary -> allows the use of sanctuary(which should heal equally as good as healing rain, being a 2 minute CD) and makes all your heals give the target a renew.

Serenity -> allows the use of serenity(make it auto crit and heal 50% more than now), in addition your single heals will heal for an additional 100% over 10 seconds, stacking up to as high as your throughput can do.

Holy priests now heal 25% more with every spell passively.

There, fixed holy having shit cooldowns.

They should just remove them already. Keep the pretty effects as a minor glyph or make them flare up whenever you use a single target or aoe spell, but remove the damn chakras.

"Inner Fire will never lose its duration or charges. Give it up already."
    "Lightwell will never be automatic like in ToC. Give it up already. "
    "Chakra will never be removed. Give it up already."

Given that dev stubbornness usually lasts 6 years, we're still ~3 years away from the devs giving up on this one.

I hope that both holypriests raiding in WoD keep on complaining though.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I am pissed. That is all I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    "Inner Fire will never lose its duration or charges. Give it up already."
    "Lightwell will never be automatic like in ToC. Give it up already. "
    "Chakra will never be removed. Give it up already."

Given that dev stubbornness usually lasts 6 years, we're still ~3 years away from the devs giving up on this one.

I hope that both holypriests raiding in WoD keep on complaining though.
    In-game changes to player tears don't a good change make. Lightwell was fine after they increased its range and made it not interrupt the current action. Superior to LOLSpring in every way, except being baddie-proof. Blizzard knew it was better. The best guilds in the world knew it was better (hell, they still glyph out of JunkSpring). The only players who don't know were bad, or played with bads.

There's nothing wrong with Chakra, other than it's boring. You guys will always find something to cry about.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    In-game changes to player tears don't a good change make. Lightwell was fine after they increased its range and made it not interrupt the current action. Superior to LOLSpring in every way, except being baddie-proof. Blizzard knew it was better. The best guilds in the world knew it was better (hell, they still glyph out of JunkSpring). The only players who don't know were bad, or played with bads.

There's nothing wrong with Chakra, other than it's boring. You guys will always find something to cry about.
    That's a nonesense post that aims at nothing but to insult other posters.

Lightwell is a 3 minute cd, its not the core mechanic of a holy priest, whether its glyphed or not, whether it auto heals, requires clicking, interrupts or doesn't interrupt an action, it remains a 3 minute cd.

Chakra is the core mechanic of holy priests, and it being boring is the least of the its problems.

Remove the stupid +healing passive on it and have the CD relatively low and it will be fine mechanically speaking.

They introduced chakra with that extra healing and said it was a bonus but its not a bonus when they balance holy priests healing around these bonuses which in return becomes a hinder. Now in ST chakra stance you will be gimped in aoe healing since its not actually a bonus and with the long CD you are fucked.

Not wanting "stance" dancing is a generic response to the issue which provides little explanation on why but satisfy their own egos as "good enough"
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't even like the healing style of a priest in ST-Chakra these days, using cascade mindlessly only to refresh renews etc is not a class I would like to play. Actually the total focus on Renew I have never liked, like being a PoH priest in WotLK instead of a renew one. I never felt like playing a hotting class that's why I didn't roll a druid in vanilla, right?. It's a bit like mages basicly turning into a dotting class as well with Nether Tempest, after the players didn't pick a warlock/spriest for a reason.
    Luckily I'm in 25man but I feel any change they make to to Chakra will lead to us either stance dancing or focussing way too much about which Chakra we will be in at what moment. I was always pretty happy when I saw the introduction of paladins suddenly having to juggle with Holy Power that we didn't get those gimmicks, but I'm just afraid Chakra will turn into one as well so they can make the priest class "more interesting" in the next expansion.

In 25man, you're basicly playing the priest without Chakra (since always in the AoE one, more or less) and it is a total blast. I don't think Chakra is in any way needed and without it, we are basicly the only oldskool healing class left not having to deal with useless gimmicks or otherwise impairing gameplay (Other than not being as able as other classes to throw a tankheal here and there, though I feel a bouncing PoM with DI while tank is low makes up for it). After a month or two of 10man healing at the start of MoP I had enough of the constant thinking of Chakra already and am now finally in 25man again, not having to worry about the most idiotic spell a priest has.

Chakra in Cataclysm was the worst thing they've ever done to a priest in 9 years (which made me quit within weeks to just skip the whole Cataclsym exp) and I wouldn't want a big change to it with them making it the main focus point of our "rotation" again.

Deleted
    I don't know, some of his statements make me lose hope for much of a change to Chakra:

"HPriests are intended to be versatile healers, but only excel at one thing at a time, average at others."
    "People will always want restrictions to be lifted; doesn't mean it's good for the game or fun."
    "The goal of Chakra is to allow HPriests to be as good as the best at anything, not everything at once.

reminds me of 2 minute totems. i think someone with too much power falls in love with an idea and it just takes years for them to realize it's bad. other employees can't override them. they can't really speak the truth without risking their job.

I see the point between choosing between some power at this and some power at that. Mechanically having 5 stance buttons for button bloat doesn't sit well with me. I can't even bind my abilities in Holy spec.

Gonna keep tweeting, but it looks rather pointless. They seem to think that in the right Chakra, Hpriests bury all other healers in terms of power, and that's far from the truth.

I took the blizzcon on chakra and visited the class trainer. I'm not keeping the holy spec around just in case. Let's all drop the "just in case holy specs" if we are raiding in 10s, so it doesn't look like there are any holy priests left.

(As a side bonus, you can grind your valor on timeless isle a lot faster and get some brawler's guild achievements).