Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Holy seems pointless anyways

If you read his latest tweet he just said "chakra is too good but holy is weak", expect healing modifiers to be doubled as a fix most likely and cd getting reduced not much more than that.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...78424544714752

And a few tweets later he admits disc and absorbs are OP, i'm starting to like this guy already!

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...30191647129601

Pretty sure they think that every expansion (even if they don't say it clearly).

He seems to agree with that absorbs being better than pure healing, which isn't exactly new. He also says that disc gets higher numbers because of that effect (which is pretty close to saying that healing meters during farm doesn't matter at all, contrary to what Tiberria's replies imply). I don't think anything he says is new; even disc having too good at absorbs isn't new, that's why we had the whole crit change...

I really think that this is in line with developer's view on disc for Cata and MoP. They think absorbs are too good and that's why the first week of the last two expansions, disc has been either really behind or slightly behind. But they either can't balance regen (buffed both in Cata&MoP), tools (adding Penance to Atonement) or healing/absorb ratio and we end up with the same overlook with different spell usage. I personally can't see much difference between spamming PoH to get DA during DS and using lvl90 talents to get DA in SoO.

In essence, I do expect some changes, but not a revolution... Don't get your hopes up.

Deleted
    Guys, I don't know what happened to chakra, but while I was playing holy at the end of wrath(when i was introduced) till the first tier of Cata(when I quit), I liked it

What 's exactly the problem now?

Basic Rundown:

Chakra (from the start of Cata) is no longer a temporary buff but a permanent stance that you go into (so hence it is a stance you are balanced around using 100% of the time also). It still has a 30 second CD to switch between stances.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    If you read his latest tweet he just said "chakra is too good but holy is weak", expect healing modifiers to be doubled as a fix most likely and cd getting reduced not much more than that.
    I walked away with the opposite thought; Healing modifiers would be removed from chakra, made baseline, (Chakra too strong) and chakra would be re-evaluated (Holy too weak = % modifers made base) rather then what your thinking.

And honestly, doubling the modifers would just be stupid; we'd be even more punished in Chakra then we are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making the 25% extra healing portion would be more then enough to fix Chakra. Thus, you can single target heal or AoE heal just fine, but going serenity chakra gives you a decent single target burst heal, and going sanctuary gives you an efficient-but-long AoE ground healing effect, in addition to serenity refreshing renew and sanc reducing circle CD.

Chastise Chakra can be left as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would it maybe be more interesting if Chakra supplied a short-term buff on activation, so that ideally a priest would cycle through a series of stances to gain not only the stance changes (stances should be more about mechanical spell changes than raw % healing modifiers), but also the short-term buffs?

So you could stay in AoE healing stance all fight for some fights, but it would be ideal to cycle between say - AoE Healing stance and single target tank healing stance every 15-20 seconds to maintain the buff? (cooldown needs to be reduced regardless of how we incentivize chakra-twisting).

I've always felt that Chakra has potential, but has yet to be designed well.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    People don't really activate Sanctuary Chakra for the exciting CD reduction on CoH, do they? Nor for the ability to deploy a HW: Sanc (aside from the recent T16 bonus). These Chakra bonuses would have to get a lot more interesting if the 25% buff went away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Basic Rundown:

Chakra (from the start of Cata) is no longer a temporary buff but a permanent stance that you go into (so hence it is a stance you are balanced around using 100% of the time also). It still has a 30 second CD to switch between stances.
    So it is essentialy the same now. I liked it tbh. Maybe the fights in general changed?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
    So it is essentialy the same now. I liked it tbh. Maybe the fights in general changed?
    Oh yes, fight design definitly had a big part on screwing Hpri over this raid, not only when it comes to mixed dmg patterns (previous raids were more Chakra friendly but that comes at a cost, limitations in boss design) but also lack of consistent raid dmg. Bursts are healed up uber fast (since they changed spells to be smarter and faster for other healers), if not mitigated by absorbs.

Even if chakra was buffed to 50%, Hpriests would still probably be the worst by a good margine.

Also make mastery work on renew, it's retarded how my holy spec has 35% mastery yet renew doesn't benefit at all, aside from that shit 15% insta heal it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
    Thing that changed in general Pt 2: Absorbs are way way the fuck ridiculous compared to Cata.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    People don't really activate Sanctuary Chakra for the exciting CD reduction on CoH, do they? Nor for the ability to deploy a HW: Sanc (aside from the recent T16 bonus). These Chakra bonuses would have to get a lot more interesting if the 25% buff went away.
    I was thinking we make them much, much cooler

Like having Renew spread to new targets, or having Circle of Healing hit double the targets, or having Lightwell do different things depending on the Chakra the priest is in (in addition to being a clickable heal) - like it could be a healing tide totem in AoE stance, and it could mirror your single target heals in single target stance.

Single target overheals could become a delayed HoT in single target stance - so like if you had 30k overhealing on a greater heal on the tank, the next time the tank took damage it would proc and start pushing that 30k hp into them over the next five seconds (1 second ticks, 5s duration). Prayer of Healing could possibly do the same thing in AoE stance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Even if chakra was buffed to 50%, Hpriests would still probably be the worst by a good margine.

Also make mastery work on renew, it's retarded how my holy spec has 35% mastery yet renew doesn't benefit at all, aside from that shit 15% insta heal it does.
    Ya this should really have been in since day 1.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be awsome to have Lightwell as a CD you can trigger to explode/shoot volleys as a medium CD.. haha ;-) Well yeah, there are so many fun things you could do with Holy, I cant see the reason they cling on so hard to Chakras wich most just hate as a mechanic...

I agree about Renew, it also doesnt really belong in any Chakra stance imo. Also PoM overwriting is annoying and not needed.
    Last edited by nobodysbaby; 2013-12-01 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    The 25% buff just makes it mandatory to be in that stance if you need to AoE/Single target heal. By making the 25% buff baseline, and changing Chakra to give you a bonus via spell usage instead of +healing, it would be enough to encourage chakra swapping for optimal play. (You would still go serenity for single target and sanc for AoE healing, but if you just happen to be in the wrong chakra you can still preform very well). This would both make Chakra less manditory (heck, nub players could just stay in chastise the entire fight and preform similarily), but also give a bit more flexibility (Do you want have serenity for that strong single target heal on the tanks? Do you want sanc for a bit of extra AoE healing?).

Holy's main problem atm is that most of their healing goes into overhealing, akin to resto druids, EXCEPT holy has no ability to both A) turn their overhealing done into more healing (druid's mushrooms, ect) and that their AoE healing capability is very prone to overhealing (PoH, the "main" AoE filler ability, is group targeted, unlike everyone-but-disc healing, crits on it are turned into pure healing, increasing chances of overhealing, AND it adds mastery HoT, further increasing overhealing. CoH is useful, Sanctuary lasts for such a long time that it's more of a AoE healing buffer and only when stacked).

Compared to other classes, when Holy is using PoH, druids are rejuve-spamming, monks are uplifting/chi generating/spreading mists, paladins are HRing/EFing/LoDing, and Discs are doing thier absorby-PoHing, shamans are CHing/riptiding. Basically, everyone except holy and shamans are casting heal spells that heal either many targets at once with lots of smart healing, OR are casting multiple abilities that continue to heal for many seconds after the spell was cast. Renew, even for holy, is so inefficient that holy CANT HoT up the raid like almost everyone can, and mastery doesnt last anywhere near long enough to generate decents amount of healing. Holy's problem is that all other healers have steadily pulled ahead in terms of healing mechanics dealing any kind of damage. Absorb classes excel with burst damage. HoT class excel with damage over time (and have been made to be good at dealing with burst). Holy is a big-heal-per-action sorta spec, and there is no mechanic that goes good with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Would be awsome to have Lightwell as a CD you can trigger to explode/shoot volleys as a medium CD.. haha ;-) Well yeah, there are so many fun things you could do with Holy, I cant see the reason they cling on so hard to Chakras wich most just hate as a mechanic...

I agree about Renew, it also doesnt really belong in any Chakra stance imo. Also PoM overwriting is annoying and not needed.
    I think the main reason they don't do much with Holy is the fact not many play the spec and its just very low in Blizzard's priority. Blizzard will focus on classes and specs that are popular among players. In Blizzard's mindset there are enough solid healing specs and for priest there is even an OP one - Disc, so why invest time in Holy, a spec barely represented in raids. Plus, the sad truth is that as much we hate Chakra, not many has flooded Blizzard with requests to to remove/redesign it. Its mostly the same people who keep tweeting Blizzard about it.

If Holydins would have an issue as serious Chakra, for example, it'll take Blizzard a lot less time because the number of people playing Holydins is far greater than the ones playing Holy priests, plus Holydins have no other options, where we have Disc (that's the big curse of the Priest class).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    I think the main reason they don't do much with Holy is the fact not many play the spec and its just very low in Blizzard's priority. Blizzard will focus on classes and specs that are popular among players. In Blizzard's mindset there are enough solid healing specs and for priest there is even an OP one - Disc, so why invest time in Holy, a spec barely represented in raids. Plus, the sad truth is that as much we hate Chakra, not many has flooded Blizzard with requests to to remove/redesign it. Its mostly the same people who keep tweeting Blizzard about it.

If Holydins would have an issue as serious Chakra, for example, it'll take Blizzard a lot less time because the number of people playing Holydins is far greater than the ones playing Holy priests, plus Holydins have no other options, where we have Disc (that's the big curse of the Priest class).
    This is kind of true, but...

They need to understand WHY Hpriest got so rare in the first place; its not because noone wants to play it. You see early previous expansion the ratio goes from 15% down to 6% and you see all the time players who say they want to play the specc. They need to listen to the experts; us.. the dedicated players that actually have been raiding as Holy for years. We need utility, something desired like absorbs/hp boost/mtt/bress/roar/bop etcetc! Only healing is not enough these days! They even took away Inspiration, as that would make us OP? I could write page up and down about what I think, I am sooo disappointed about the whole thing atm...

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    This is kind of true, but...

They need to understand WHY Hpriest got so rare in the first place; its not because noone wants to play it. You see early previous expansion the ratio goes from 15% down to 6% and you see all the time players who say they want to play the specc. They need to listen to the experts; us.. the dedicated players that actually have been raiding as Holy for years. We need utility, something desired like absorbs/hp boost/mtt/bress/roar/bop etcetc! Only healing is not enough these days! They even took away Inspiration, as that would make us OP? I could write page up and down about what I think, I am sooo disappointed about the whole thing atm...
    Problem is, there are too many specs in the game, of all roles, and since they added monk in MoP, its 6 healing specs, and not much you can do to distinguish one from the other. Imagine if Blizzard removes absorbs, while this would be good for Hpriests, healing would become very one dimensional. Look at the CDs, Hpriests, Druids and Shammies basically have the same 3 minute CD. That's 50% of the healing specs! All healers have a GH-like spell or a FH-like spell. For dps its possible to create all kinds of weird rotations, where for healers (and in a way, tanks as well), its more limited due to the role's definition.

What I would like to see for Hpriests is, aside of Chakra removal, a change of Mastery. I've been thinking of something like Atonement, only the opposite of this. A percentage of your overhealing converts to damage on the boss, and the more mastery you have, the more you donate to the group's dps. Holy needs a dps niche to compete with disc on spots during progression (and no, Chastise isn't viable for progression when you're supposed to heal). This needs to be balanced in order to not encourage Hpriests to overheal, but something needs to be done with all those wasted heals, especially as we're the worst snipers around. This would give Holy a whole new element of fun (how to squeeze more dps but also try to not get carried away by overhealing).

If not that, then yeah, we need some kind of other utility, and Chakra needs to go, at least the passive "Buffs". I miss Holy

I like that idea for Mastery
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest