Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    But doesn't it seem odd to you that they don't notify you before you get banned.
    If you were doing something wrong you could send over gold or mats to a new account. It would be stupid to notify you in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    I'm saying the difference for a standard customer is only what it is called, you are the one not listening to reason.

Also, calling people clueless isn't a good argument
    I am a standard customer and for me there is a BIG difference between getting my account banned and it being locked to keep it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Anyone good (and Blizzard is good) can easily see through a proxy to find the originating location.
    Yeah, but the system suggested wasn't supposed to care about anything but that the IP geolocation matches with the registered country of residence on account.

Honestly, id rather be hacked every year than have my account locked every week because somebody TRIED to hack me

Also, my definition of social engineering(seems to fit wikipedia's definition: Social engineering, in the context of information security, refers to psychological manipulation of people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. A type of confidence trick for the purpose of information gathering, fraud, or system access, it differs from a traditional "con" in that it is often one of many steps in a more complex fraud scheme.) doesn't work on all people

Some of us still don't post our passwords on facebook, twitter or whatever else is new and "#YOLOSWAG"
    True, some of us are smart enough to not give out our account details to people that then would try to hijack your account by bruteforcing passwords, and thus "getting constantly banned by blizzard" because of that. I'm sure you at least wouldn't let yourself fall into such situations, oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightman View Post
    Sounds very fishy
    Yep. Always the same crap: "I've never done anything wrong."
    And then you see that the guy was botting or buying gold. Or being rude on chats.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Did you use a bot?

I am glad Blizzard ban more people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    OT: I've had this only once, when logging in through the app. I went to college. I went from the train's wi-fi to college's wi-fi in less than 2 minutes, and either of them is probably using a proxy. -poof- lock. It shouldn't happen that often. Try changing your e-mail perhaps.
    The 3 wow accounts have always been 1 on battlenet 1, 2 on battlenet 2(even the 2 on bnet 2 get locked independently, which is weird as they got the same exact login), over time ive gone through many(probably around 20 by now) different email addresses total, multiple providers.
    Most of these emails have been used only for battlenet.

Always the same problem

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Did you use a bot?

I am glad Blizzard ban more people like you.
    Did you throw a random retarded assumption at the OP.

I would be glad if mods actually banned people like you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    Yep. Always the same crap: "I've never done anything wrong."
    And then you see that the guy was botting or buying gold. Or being rude on chats.
    It doesn't surprise me that people get banned without doing anything wrong.

Can it really get worse than autobanning people for "gold selling" just because they traded 2000 gold to a guild member the day after having borrowed the exact same amount
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted

Did you throw a random retarded assumption at the OP.

I would be glad if mods actually banned people like you.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think ive been ignoring the posts like this guys, Its not constructive and is basically just trolling.

I had received a Termination on my account randomly. Said due to changing or putting stuff on the map UI. Only thing I could think of was Gatherer. I e-mailed them back telling them I have no idea other than Gatherer what I was doing wrong could they specify. Came back 6 hours later and said that the account termination had been lifted due to the long standing relationship my account had with blizzard. (Been playing since vanilla without any bans or other violations) Just wait for that e-mail, yeah it takes forever for it to get there. Sometimes you might even have to ask for a email to be sent.

Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    True, some of us are smart enough to not give out our account details to people that then would try to hijack your account by bruteforcing passwords, and thus "getting constantly banned by blizzard" because of that. I'm sure you at least wouldn't let yourself fall into such situations, oh wait...
    And you are smart enough to not discuss the topic like a douchebag, oh wait...
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

And you are smart enough to not discuss the topic like a douchebag, oh wait...
    Sorry, I got bit too excited at poking holes into your hate posts with your own words .

On topic, this thread is useless, these threads also always end up into trollfest and lock anyhow. I'm guessing the OP is from EU based on the currency he mentioned earlier, so he likely has an EU account. Best thing he can do right now is open an appeal ticket through the website, as he won't be able to call EU support before morning anyhow.

I like how one-third of this thread has pointed out the reasons behind the -ban first notify you later- while another one-third have all mentioned how weird the OP's "story" which seems rather empty which causes the OP to jump in with some kind of random insult.

This could have been fixed with a single phone call in twenty minutes but instead your sitting here surposedly to vent your frustration at being banned/locked unlawfully but you don't seem to be doing to much to fix it.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glormon View Post
    I like how one-third of this thread has pointed out the reasons behind the -ban first notify you later- while another one-third have all mentioned how weird the OP's "story" which seems rather empty which causes the OP to jump in with some kind of random insult.

This could have been fixed with a single phone call in twenty minutes but instead your sitting here surposedly to vent your frustration at being banned/locked unlawfully but you don't seem to be doing to much to fix it.
    Where are my random insults?

When any kind of administrative action is taken on a Blizzard account, an email is sent to the registered email address, that includes a description of the issue and a link back to our support portal in case the account holder wishes to contest the action. Although it can sometimes take a bit longer to receive the email, it shouldn't take too much time as the email is automatically sent when the action is taken and the issue is closed. If the email notification has not been received (is not in the junk/spam folder), please reach out to us through one of the following support portals:

-For North American Accounts-
    -For accounts in EU-

Thanks,
    Araxom
    Blizzard Customer Support

Well then - Email complaints aside (justified) That's pretty darn good CS. Can't think of another gaming company that responds on a fansite when there's problems!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    @ OP while i think it is highly unlikely that you "haven't done anything wrong" there are a few things that trigger an automatic account lock as well, such as moving large sums of gold across accounts. One of our guild officers took 200k out of the guild bank to set up a guild event and BAM ! his account was locked. Did not take him long to get it unlocked though, it's just a precaution blizzard have to limit gold selling.

If you have got an actual ban rather than an acc lock then you have definitely done something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Glormon View Post

OP insulted somebody?
    I had to check his post history and couldn't find anything more insulting than "But i got no email or message from a GM. This is terrible customer service for a game i pay £8.99 a month for when there are thousands of botters than seem to be ignored by blizzard."

As for the phone call, EU phone support closes at 7:30 PM CET, which is about 3 hours before OP's original post

10+ Year Old Account
    Emails are automatically generated

Source: dozens of emails saying the same thing:

Edit: Should probably also add i know for a fact nobody successfully logged in between last time i played and time i got banned(a period of about 3 months), which means i got banned because somebody TRIED to "hack" me
    No, you did not get banned at all.
    Your account was shut down and locked for your own protective good.
    You should be thankful for it. Besides, that's pretty much standard procedure with sensitive account access anywhere. Try to mistype your password at your bank website three times, then see what happens. Any good bank will shut your access down, and you'll have to prove it's you who made the mistake...
    The list of examples continues almost endlessly..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    When any kind of administrative action is taken on a Blizzard account, an email is sent to the registered email address, that includes a description of the issue and a link back to our support portal in case the account holder wishes to contest the action. Although it can sometimes take a bit longer to receive the email, it shouldn't take too much time as the email is automatically sent when the action is taken and the issue is closed. If the email notification has not been received (is not in the junk/spam folder), please reach out to us through one of the following support portals:

-For North American Accounts-

-For accounts in EU-

Thanks,
    Araxom
    Blizzard Customer Support
    Thanks for the reply here on mmo champion. i have made a ticket (Ticket EU37853200) but as expected have yet to receive a reply.

Deleted
    OP insulted somebody?
    I had to check his post history and couldn't find anything more insulting than "But i got no email or message from a GM. This is terrible customer service for a game i pay £8.99 a month for when there are thousands of botters than seem to be ignored by blizzard."

As for the phone call, EU phone support closes at 7:30 PM CET, which is about 3 hours before OP's original post
    Even though it sucks hard time, he'll have to wait till tomorrow then. Good thing it's not a saturday night right now! Could always be worse :P

I'll check up on it. BRB