Red face Discussion of symbols and their sense of belonging and meaning, within the game.

Feel free to discuss any symbol found in World of Warcraft, maybe something you find interesting or just curious about.
    But be aware that maybe there are not known facts around all the symbols, but you can still speculate and to have fun with it.

I'll start with these symbols:

What does all these signs originate from in the Warcraft universe, what do you believe?
    Let's start here..

Left image:
    1. Red circle! What you think it is? And what does it mean?
    2. Green circle! It looks like a sun? Is there a connection with the sign in the red circle, below?
    3. Black circle! You got all these signs or language around the T-sign, what language is it? If it is one.
    4. Yellow circle! Overall, the T-shape, what do you think of it?

Right image:

1. Blue circle! What is that? Just on top of the T-sign.
    2. Green circle! Signs on a sword? Is it just a sword, any sword? Does it have a meaning?
    3. Red circle! Another sign, not sure what this is. Can you imagine what it could be?

No rules, play with your imagination and Warcraft knowledge.

And feel free to take on other signs in the World of Warcraft game that you may have one question about or two, and please use a picture.

The "T" seems, to me, to be more of a cross.

The sun probably signifies the light, as this appears to be a priest's spell... correct?

The second image is probably a paladin logo, right? The swords would suggest that, anyway. As far as the "signs or language" around the left image and the writing on the swords is probably just random gibberish made to look like runes or something.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    The "T" seems, to me, to be more of a cross.

The sun probably signifies the light, as this appears to be a priest's spell... correct?

The second image is probably a paladin logo, right? The swords would suggest that, anyway. As far as the "signs or language" around the left image and the writing on the swords is probably just random gibberish made to look like runes or something.
    All of the signs are from Priest spells, the right or second image is from Chakra (and Chakra: Sanctuary).

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a mix between a cross and Thor's hammer. Looks a bit Dwarfish.

As for the text, it looks like runes that you can find a bit everywhere in the WarCraft universe. They likely mean something like a holy prayer.

hmm...

Left image: Its like the an universal sign of the holy light, maybe with some words around it but written in runes.

Right image: I think it reffers that the caster is a knight of the light, which defends it with his heart and fight for it.

Thats my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by caelestum View Post
    hmm...

Left image: Its like the an universal sign of the holy light, maybe with some words around it but written in runes.

Right image: I think it reffers that the caster is a knight of the light, which defends it with his heart and fight for it.

Thats my opinion.
    I liked what you said about the right image.

Probably just scribbles. Because scribbles.

And I WANT scribbles.

10+ Year Old Account
    all i know is the symbol for ams has upside down 666 /shrug
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    probably scribbles, if you go to the cathedral near ICC the pillars have symbols etched into them. They look like runes but on one of them the texture has been flipped upside down and you can plainly see it says "123123123123123123"... Thought this was hilarious, i'll go get a screenshot now.

EDIT:

it's the First pillar on the right as you enter the Cathedral of Darkness.
    Last edited by mmocf45e30c4c7; 2013-11-29 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonticus View Post
    probably scribbles, if you go to the cathedral near ICC the pillars have symbols etched into them. They look like runes but on one of them the texture has been flipped upside down and you can plainly see it says "123123123123123123"... Thought this was hilarious, i'll go get a screenshot now.

EDIT:

it's the First pillar on the right as you enter the Cathedral of Darkness.
    123 Nice one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks more like a hammer (mace) with ornate covering, to me.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.