Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hunters (and warrior)

Are blizzard blind? How hard can it be to see that Hunters (and warriors) are unbalanced and far too powerful?

Every random BG and RBG are filled with hunters and warriors. Blizzard were supposed to nerf hunters in 5.4, but ended up in making them even stronger. WHy can't they just nerf something, instead of nerf something and buff something else to make up for the nerf????

Deterrence is far too powerful
    warriors have too good survivability and too many charges and stuff
    Hunters have too much CC

etc.....

10+ Year Old Account
    mages have to much CC, Druids have to much mobility, rogues can get away from everything, this will go on for ever is people keep complaining about it. Warriors and Hunters are not that OP dude, I wreck them all the time.

Deleted
    And then? Blizzard has proven over and over again that they are not capable of scaling all classes to a point where fair PVP is achieved. What does it matter if hunters or warriors are a tad bit stronger than their counterparts? If it's not them it's some other class/spec.

mages have to much CC, Druids have to much mobility, rogues can get away from everything, this will go on for ever is people keep complaining about it. Warriors and Hunters are not that OP dude, I wreck them all the time.
    Too much CC in general in MOP

And then? Blizzard has proven over and over again that they are not capable of scaling all classes to a point where fair PVP is achieved. What does it matter if hunters or warriors are a tad bit stronger than their counterparts? If it's not them it's some other class/spec.
    Should be possible to balance it a little better, not giving classes that have strong CC more CC, strong defences more defences etc.

Hunters and Warriors espesially have too much of everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexighar View Post
    Warriors and Hunters are not that OP dude, I wreck them all the time.
    Just curious, what class do you play that you can wreck them? Warlock?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing that pisses me off about hunters is that they have a fucking safety net with wyvern sting. Literally everytime you eat a trap, the hunter simply lolwyvern stings your healer anyways. It's actually really annoying. That combined with casual 40-50k chimera shots noncrit like they're nothing is annoying as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Are blizzard blind? How hard can it be to see that Hunters (and warriors) are unbalanced and far too powerful?

Every random BG and RBG are filled with hunters and warriors. Blizzard were supposed to nerf hunters in 5.4, but ended up in making them even stronger. WHy can't they just nerf something, instead of nerf something and buff something else to make up for the nerf????

Hunters have too much CC

etc.....
    Hunters are viable, there are many ways to counter us. We are in line with oter classes when it comes to high rating representation. Rbg filled with hunters? None serious group will take more than one (if taking any at all). Deterence so powerfull? We lose almost all control and g abilities while deterencing, we stll take dot damage if inglyphed.

Deleted

Hunters have too much CC

etc.....
    The problems arent with hunters. Its a L2P issue from you part. Your claims are nothing but redicelous.

Hunters have too much CC

etc.....
    Hunters too powerful ?! Hahahaha. Hunters are very good in 1v1, probably up there with ww monks but in arenas and bgs not really. Heck, in arena they are usually the focus target because a hunter that is trained by 2 or more guys does 0 damage.

Besides, hunters are the 2nd least represented class in top 100 arena teams, just slightly more than monks. Why would you nerf that which is already almost dead last?! Because of some random bg/duel QQ ?!

In bgs they are nice to play because you can sit in the back and shoot and you're also not boned as soon as some rogue or warrior notices your existence, like a warlock or shaman.
    Also, lots of people play hunters because they like playing a ranged class that is not a fucking magician, myself included.
    Last edited by The Usual Suspect; 2013-12-01 at 01:08 PM.

Besides, hunters are the 2nd least represented class in top 100 arena teams, just slightly more than monks. Why would you nerf that which is already almost dead last?! Because of some random bg/duel QQ ?!
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect View Post
    Hunters too powerful ?! Hahahaha. Hunters are very good in 1v1, probably up there with ww monks but in arenas and bgs not really. Heck, in arena they are usually the focus target because a hunter that is trained by 2 or more guys does 0 damage.

Hunters are focused because they take a lot of damage and have very little for defensive cooldowns. Aside from the hard cc you're hit with over the course of taking damage and your own deterrences, nothing actually stops hunter damage. You don't have to sit in a defensive aspect that reduces your damage, you can't be interrupted, and as far as I know you don't suffer from cast pushback. Hunters are a pretty strong class right now, they're just somewhat overshadowed by the absolute monstrosities that are 5.4 warriors and mages.

Normally I'd say top 100 is a bad sample size because it's nothing but outliers, but it doesn't even matter in this case. I don't know what ladder you're looking at because there are 8 hunters in US top 100 and 9 in EU. On both US and EU ladders, hunters are the third most represented damage class (healing specs ignored) behind mages and warriors. I know the go-to hunter argument has always been to claim your class is one of the worst in the game but there is some strong evidence to the contrary.

Hunters are fine, a lot of cc.... but fine i guess.
    warriors need the mobility nerf and maybe a little second wind nerf (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Peruh View Post
    Hunters are fine, a lot of cc.... but fine i guess.
    warriors need the mobility nerf and maybe a little second wind nerf (?)
    bookin, ele shamman, monk's heals are much more op than second wind, DK's blood face is better than defince stance, mage's dmg and cc are better than hunter and warrior, there are so many things too nerf, why u keep ur sight on warrior?

Hunters? Really? This guy must be trolling, hunters are not Op. I'd say they are where they should be and some classes/specs need a nerf (warriors/mages) and some classes need some love (shadow priests/paladins). There's a beef when you lose duels to a better player, I know it sucks, your not the best, SH!T!

Quote Originally Posted by Dânce View Post
    Huh?
    he said top 100 arena teams not 2k or above rated arena teams. Top 100 teams are all about 2.3k

i think its fair to say its a L2p issue with the op. Hunters are strong but far from op

Quote Originally Posted by Almost View Post
    bookin, ele shamman, monk's heals are much more op than second wind, DK's blood face is better than defince stance, mage's dmg and cc are better than hunter and warrior, there are so many things too nerf, why u keep ur sight on warrior?
    hehe yeah but these classes are actually hybrid classes .....
    Wouldn't say blood stance is better than def-stance.
    mage cc is better than hunter/warrior yes but warrior dmg > mage dmg. mage dmg is just easy to counter... oh look a orb lets blow them deffensive cds and youre fine till next orb.

also mages and eles or monks die so fucking fast..... warriors just have it all, very very good mobility = big uptime on target, very good dmg and alot of deffensive cds.

its just too much

Quote Originally Posted by Dânce View Post
    Huh?
    This just confirms that Hunters are solid but not overpowered at all like the OP suggests.

The issue is that they scrub bust really hard but at a top level they're pretty well balanced. Every game ever with a variety of characters/classes has a different metagame at low levels of skill and high levels of skill, that's just the way it goes.

they are nerfing the intervene snare break, you should be back to standing 3 inches away and burning us down as you drool on your keyboard soon enough.
    Last edited by dkomposer; 2013-12-04 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkomposer View Post
    they are nerfing the intervene snare break, you should be back to standing 3 inches away and burning us down as you drool on your keyboard soon enough.
    No worries, you can still ram your face into BLAAAAAADESTOOOOORM to break roots.

Deleted
    Hunters are easy as fuck to kill.