117 7.71%
  • Very strong chance he left on his own

371 24.46%
  • 100% he left on his own

801 52.80%
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    So you are saying he was a glorified "Art designer"?
    Ghostcrawler's responsibilities are essentially class balance, feature management (LFD/LFR, transmog, etc,) itemization/stats, UI, and that the world is functional.

Ghostcrawler doesn't say what races the art team and the game director (Chilton) and creative development (Metzen) decide they want to add. Ghostcrawler simply makes sure everything is playable and for his team to try to balance it.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-11-30 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Maybe spriests will finally get buffed to proper levels now.

18 pages already? The tinfoil hat must be hurting. Usually when you get fired you leave immediately and not in a few months. I guess GC is that special case?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I can only think of 3 reasons why someone would leave a good job at a huge company like blizzard, unless he was fired but I dont think thats the case.
    1. Outgrowing a position and no where to advance within the company, maybe a better offer somewhere else.
    2. Getting taken for granted or passed up for a promotion, usually takes awhile for these to build up.
    3. Just sick and tired of waking up and going to the same job every day or sick of the long hours and getting stuck in traffic on the way home.

Best of luck to the guy though.
    Quite likely it was #1. He may have wanted to get promoted in the WoW team, but then Blizz instead brought all the old top devs back instead. So when another company offered him a higher position (Game Director is tossed around often in this thread) he took it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Maybe spriests will finally get buffed to proper levels now.
    I doubt the class team is just gonna go wild and buff classes when GC leaves the company.

The ignorance in this thread is astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Metzen, Pardo, and Chilton, were responsible for in game Pandas.
    It just occurred to me that those guys have been completely absent from any Q and A's this time around. Ever since the Pandamonium at Blizzcon 2011 Metzen's been hiding in his panic room as far as Q and As go.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish theyd hurry up and fire Metzen TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    It just occurred to me that those guys have been completely absent from any Q and A's this time around. Ever since the Pandamonium at Blizzcon 2011 Metzen's been hiding in his panic room as far as Q and As go.
    People forget that those 3 games are the ultimate shotcallers for WoW. Everything gets pinned on Ghostcrawler because he's the guy that's willing to explain Blizzard's decisions and have discussion with the community. It leads to a lot of ignorant people assuming he has more power than he does and not realize that he's simply another member of the team with his own area, no different than Watcher with encounters, Mumper with extra content, Fargo with quests, Valnoth with world/zones, or Holinka with PvP.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    Who would you replace him with if it was up to you if this was even a remotely good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

So you are telling me that you have never had to get anything fixed and employer A checked to see what needed to be fixed while employer B did the actual work? Never?
    In this scenario Employer A is GC I guess? So that would make "Employer B" an employee of Employer A? In which case yes but what does that have to do with anything. This would be Employer A telling employee B what to do then Employer C coming in and telling Employee B to something else. All that leaves you with is a confused Employee B.

If A is replaced mid project (Beta) by a new one its going to cause some backlash which is why the timing is off. Better timing would be GC leaving before the new expansion is developed. His finger prints being all over something isn't good if he is no longer there.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Chilton and Pardo were all over this last Blizzcon. Though I don't recall seeing him in previous ones. Chilton does Q and A's all the time. But yeah Metzen doesn't seem to do much is any Q+A/PR
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

People are so naive, why would anyone with half a brain leave that position on their own? The game has lost almost 5 million subs in the last 24-30 months, blizzard had to make changes and they started by firing the lead designer, its that simple...

Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    Metzen is wow, they fire the guy and wow goes with him...

Why does any company offer him a job/promotion while he caused WoW to lose millions of sub?

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Why does any company offer him a job/promotion while he caused WoW to lose millions of sub?
    Probably because the people running the company that hired him aren't stupid enough to think he actually did that? That's why they, and not you, are making those kinds of decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Why do people keep posting this ignorant drivel instead of reading the thread?

Ghostcrawler wasn't the shotcaller. If anyone is to be blamed for "WoW dying zomg" it should be Chilton and Pardo who are the ones giving the final sign offs on anything. If people insist on blaming someone, then they need to at least point the finger at the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    People are so naive, why would anyone with half a brain leave that position on their own? The game has lost almost 5 million subs in the last 24-30 months, blizzard had to make changes and they started by firing the lead designer, its that simple...

Metzen is wow, they fire the guy and wow goes with him...
    I would gladly leave such a position if it meant I was able to get away from a toxic community that gives rise to ignorant threads such as this.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    I would gladly leave such a position if it meant I was able to get away from a toxic community that gives rise to ignorant threads such as this.
    Except that's not how real life works, for example you simply don't leave a job paying you 150k for a job that will pay 80k...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    One would imagine that they would fire the game director instead if that were the case. And GC is in a place where I'm quite sure that he could entertain a game director position elsewhere with a major studio or for that matter start a new studio of his own to make games. Maybe in your mind no one ever leaves Blizzard without being forced out but people leave and for their own reasons.

I'll ask you the same question I've asked others: Why, if they're so hot to fire him, did they have him on four prominent panels at Blizzcon?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Options 1 and 5 are dumb because no one knows 100% except for GC.

Very strong chance he was asked to resign.