Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    5000 HP at level 100 would mean like .5 HP at level 1.

WoW is simply too old to have 5000 HP at the cap. GW2 has a cap of what, 60? WoW has a cap of 100.
    Nah I don't think it would be like that; the stats at level 1 would be the same but instead, a 10 item level upgrade would give you like +1 primary stats. Extremely small gear upgrades wouldn't be much fun lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Why stop there? Go with billions or trillions. The more zeros and commas, the better! Hell, give an option for the mathy types and give them exponentials and magnitudes.
    I honestly think that an addon that adds a few "000" to damage/healing would shut these QQers up.

Item squish is a brilliant and needed thing - tanks reaching over 1 MILLION health is beyond absurd, and DPS really does not need to do 300,000-500,000 DPS to feel important.

If anyone quits WoW just cause of the item squish, i will be VERY HAPPY to be rid of such a player...

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    If my memory is not failing me all what they do is use a shr instruction which takes 1 cycle in a I7 processor (according to the manual) which is far away from "significantly".

I could be wrong tho.
    On a 64bit system, yes. On a 32bit system, no. On a 32bit processor, you can't do that anyhow.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    and once they apply the item squish, the stats will be tooo low

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    When I look at corporate reports, what do all these Ks and Ms next to the numbers mean? It's so silly having those silly letters next to the numbers, our sales guys should just lower the prices on all of our products so the reports are easier to read.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Squish everything!

Numbers, stats, levels, and trade skill points. Did I forget anything?

Deleted
    Yes the stats are getting to high. Druids tanks can hit 1.2 Milion. if there was not a item sqush(Which have been annouced) tanks would get lik 5 if not 10 milion HP

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I honestly think that an addon that adds a few "000" to damage/healing would shut these QQers up.

Item squish is a brilliant and needed thing - tanks reaching over 1 MILLION health is beyond absurd, and DPS really does not need to do 300,000-500,000 DPS to feel important.

If anyone quits WoW just cause of the item squish, i will be VERY HAPPY to be rid of such a player...
    The only reason they should have ever done a number rebalance is if the game engine could not handle the data. Squishing them because numbers are to high is stupid. There is no need for some one to explain to you how loosing power on a game that bases itself on rewarding you for making your character stronger is a horrible idea.

Handling bigger numbers is hard only if you never finished high school.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesovr View Post
    The only reason they should have ever done a number rebalance is if the game engine could not handle the data. Squishing them because numbers are to high is stupid. There is no need for some one to explain to you how loosing power on a game that bases itself on rewarding you for making your character stronger is a horrible idea.

Handling bigger numbers is hard only if you never finished high school.
    Do you know that this game is rated T (in Germany usk 12), so yes, they may never finished high school because they aren't even there yet! The stat squish is necessary but not because of the age; it is because of the much better feeling of numbers: If this goes on, the stats will be like: 47890323 and 285940386; no thank you.

In the end the numbers should never be as high as they are now; smaller jumps between expansion and much smaller gear difference between blue-gear and the t-sets of the expansion.

Smaller numbers and smaller jumps between numbers also change the gameplay back to skill>gear.

AND: the game needs to be squished because the numbers are getting to high for the engine. (that was confirmed at blizzcon or in an interview)

This thread is pointless, you are posting on mmo champion which means you obviously read it... you know an item squish is coming. Why would you even bother posting this thread at all?

Deleted
    why is this thread still open?
    mods ban people for stupid reasons but keep redundant threads open.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    On a 64bit system, yes. On a 32bit system, no. On a 32bit processor, you can't do that anyhow.
    Take a look at dd, df and dt instructions.
    Last edited by Thyranne; 2013-11-30 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Yes, they're fine. Can't read billions?

Satan forbid they evolve into the 21st century.
    WoW came out in 2004. It was built with 21st century technology.

Obvious troll sucessful: User taking bait and talking about the subject again.
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!