Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Stats getting too high?

Is there anything in the works to get a handle on stats spiraling out of control? Will we soon see weapons that have (1m - 2m DPS)? Is there anything yet planned that will pull them back to reality?

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Have you seriously been in a freaking cave for the past week? Or are you just trolling?

Please don't post just to call other users trolls- if you think something is a troll, report it and don't respond.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-11-29 at 07:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Bizarre post considering one big tweaks for Warlords of Draenor is the stat squish. In addition to being a big talking point. A little bit of easy reading goes a long way. Regardless, stats will be squished. I'm sure it would be simple to find the screenshots showing blizzards conversion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I call troll...

OP have 859 posts.. There is no way in hell, he can have missed the Stat Squish discussion by now...

Please don't post just to call other users trolls- if you think something is a troll, report it and don't respond.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-11-29 at 07:41 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    ...Have you seriously been in a freaking cave for the past week? Or are you just trolling?
    Past 3 weeks apparently :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Stats are fine and any squish would make a level increase pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katharine View Post
    Stats are fine ? Player tanks at 1 million + health, bosses at billions of health, what do you want ?

Let's start measuring the dps with Tons ... will be easier (like Phreak)
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    Is there anything in the works to get a handle on stats spiraling out of control?
    As far as I know there are no plans for that

The stats are too damn high!

Please don't respond to threads or posts using meme or reaction images/gifs/etc. MMO-C isn't intended to be an imageboard style site, so use your words! Thanks.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-11-29 at 07:39 PM.

I am going to start working on addon, which will show you millions of damage and health.

Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    I am going to start working on addon, which will show you millions of damage and health.
    You will make a lot of small-willy players happy! Good luck on the addon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    Is there anything in the works to get a handle on stats spiraling out of control? Will we soon see weapons that have (1m - 2m DPS)? Is there anything yet planned that will pull them back to reality?
    Item Squish says hi.
    However I'm not sure that the new wod items will also be squished or partially squished - or the insane scaling of current expansion's content is here to stay. It should not stay, it's horrible.

Feel free to run your level 90 through a level 100 dungeon, let us know how that works out for you.

WoD announcment included item squish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    Why stop there? Go with billions or trillions. The more zeros and commas, the better! Hell, give an option for the mathy types and give them exponentials and magnitudes.

When I look at corporate reports, what do all these Ks and Ms next to the numbers mean? It's so silly having those silly letters next to the numbers, our sales guys should just lower the prices on all of our products so the reports are easier to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Item Squish says hi.
    However I'm not sure that the new wod items will also be squished or partially squished - or the insane scaling of current expansion's content is here to stay. It should not stay, it's horrible.
    It will. That's always been part of the plan. The squish is simply removing said scaling for obsolete content.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    When I look at corporate reports, what do all these Ks and Ms next to the numbers mean? It's so silly having those silly letters next to the numbers, our sales guys should just lower the prices on all of our products so the reports are easier to read.
    Hey when you pay for a pack of Lifesavers with a million dollar bill, you'll favour a currency squish too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdemenzes View Post
    Hey when you pay for a pack of Lifesavers with a million dollar bill, you'll favour a currency squish too!
    Of course you could address the underlying cause of the inflation before you need to start minting million dollar bills, because if you don't address the underlying cause of a problem you are simply postponing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Of course you could address the underlying cause of the inflation before you need to start minting million dollar bills, because if you don't address the underlying cause of a problem you are simply postponing it.
    Haha, well I wasn't entirely serious but no I do agree. I suggested once somewhere you could address the overall issue by treating stats the same way they do hit and crit rating, that is increasing the amount of "stamina rating" required each level to get say 100 health. But there's something psychologically unsatisfying about watching your health go down every time you level and fighting to get back to where you were before (even though that's what already happens effectively). Also even in this scenario you're just moving the big numbers to the rating stats, eventually it requires a million stamina rating to reach 100 health.