Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Snip of epicness
    That was an absolutely amazing read. Thanks much for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

God no, I hope not, otherwise thery'll be a huge Worgen and Boomkin outbreak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimonde View Post
    Can a male druid mate with respective animal and give birth to a: What?
    I seriously thought this was a Salandrin question when I clicked on the topic. Why on earth would this question ever be asked is what I would like to know. Seriously get outside some. They are fictional beings you would have to ask the creator of them if they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I assume you mean can the animal then give birth.

Well, the short answer would be: we don't know.
    There's two kinds of transformations in the world. Arcane transformation, like a dragon's transformation, which seems to be permanently changing your race to another of your choosing. If you die in that form, you remain transformed. Druidic transformation has you take on the essence of a natural form. Is this a full transformation, or does it merely hide your true self? In quests, druids turn back, if killed. However this may be just a game mechanic, because the same thing happens when you kill players; as it should of course be clear to new players when they killed a druid and not an animal. I can't think of any examples in lore when a druid dies in animal shape, except the Worgen, and I am not completely sure if they turn back to mortals when killed, in lore. Maybe someone else will recall.

If they do not, they are really physically the animal. Is that enough to breed? We do not know. It's unlikely something we'd find out either, in a universe with a 12+ rating.

In a universe where a goddess mated with a Stag to create Cenarius, whose bloodline then mated with a rock elemental to make Centaur, and where things like Orc-Draenei-Human hybrids happen, and the seemingly half-mortal Drakonid of the good Dragonflights, I'd say the likely answer is yes. Druids and animals would give viable offspring, if druidic transformation is as complete as arcane transformation.
    Druids physically become the animal they are turning into, like a dragon changing form does. How ever unlike a dragon changing form the druid takes on the personality of the animal as well to an extent. The transformation also requires constant focus on the druids part, where the dragon is just /bamnewform, this is one reason why the druids change back upon death. The druids are also taught to not remain in animal form for extended periods. If they stay to long then the animals personality will take over the druids, they lose sense of who they are and become the animal 100%.

Yes their dna would change to that of the animal, but their humanoid mentality and personality remains, so they wouldn't be attracted to animals. If they stay to long though, and they lose themselves to the form and 100% become the animal then their choice in mates would naturally change as well.

Also the Drakonids are not a form of breeding. They are humanoids changed magically into the Drakonids.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    It's does not make any sense that animal form will alter your semen DNA or that female druids will be able to give birth to an animal if they got pregnant in an animal form.
    Why not? they probably change most, if not all of their DNA.

I don't think genetics matter in Azeroth. They could probably mate with an animal in elf form(because let's face it, only elves would do that) and get knocked up from it or knock it up depending on gender.

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Oh dear god.. o.O

I doubt magic shape shifting changes one's DNA to be compatible with whatever creature you took a fancy to...

Druids in animal form can heal naturally, which would indicate that they have the DNA required to rebuild any damaged flesh. Since we know that a body rejects and attacks differing DNA from the host, even to some extent during pregnancy, we can assume that there isn't a grab bag of DNA present in the druid during shapeshifting. If DNA is responsible for the shape of life in Azeroth, then yes.

However, there's reason to believe that life in WoW is structured via the soul rather than by some DNA like mechanism. This would be the only explanation I can think of that would give an answer other than "yes" to the question. It however also means that anyone bunking with Varian is committing bestiality.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Sounds like http://www.wowwiki.com/Savagekin. Though it is cannon(?), it is the closest we are going to get.

They mention "The savagekin may adopt the shape of her animal companion", since it mentions companion, I think it is possible.
    And now you know why Blizzard disavows the RPG as canon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Eh, you never know with blizzard. Like holy striders have been shown to exist in books so that is a part of rpg that blizzard has unrectonned.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I seriously thought this was a Salandrin question when I clicked on the topic. Why on earth would this question ever be asked is what I would like to know.
    I admit. I was guilty of the same assumption.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    they retcon and un-retcon things constantly from the RPG. Its canon when they need it to be.

Deleted
    That was hard for me to read.

15+ Year Old Account
    This gave me some disturbing images in my head. No doubt a very good morning coffee thread.

Would the animal inherit druid abilities?

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously thought this was a Salandrin question when I clicked on the topic.
    Guilty as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Yes their dna would change to that of the animal, but their humanoid mentality and personality remains, so they wouldn't be attracted to animals
    That's assuming there aren't individuals with...unique...tastes who also practice druidism.

Deleted
    Short answer: no.

Essence and spirits of the great animals, lending power and whatnot.

I'm fairly sure that if it had to be explained, in-universe actual animals can tell the difference on instincts and smell.

Deleted
    I seriously thought this was a Salandrin question when I clicked on the topic.
    Me too @_@

Deleted
    wtf srlsy...

another "Can Wandering Island Turtle mate Gnome and give a birth"?

someone should create special forum for such a deviantion

Probably not.

When druids shapeshift, I think it's a magical effect, not a biological one, so their DNA is still the original race's. It would make no difference what form the druid is in because it's still the same DNA.