Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Allright, combat log from garrosh hellscream yesterday. LFR. Got p1 flex today so will post logs after the raid is done aswell.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...11/?s=50&e=881

Quote Originally Posted by Demon2k3 View Post
    Allright, combat log from garrosh hellscream yesterday. LFR. Got p1 flex today so will post logs after the raid is done aswell.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...11/?s=50&e=881
    Your Flame Shock up-time seems low, but given how the Garrosh fight even works, that might very well be normal for that particular fight (never looked at logs for Garrosh so I can't say with 100% certainty). As such, I can't really say much about your uptime on some of your other spells either -- just remember that the only times you should be using Chain Lightning are during phase 1 (when adds are up and stacked on Garrosh), during Realm phases to cleave down adds, and during mind controls to bust out both people faster (assuming they're close to one another).

Something I've often done is drop Capacitor Totem right before MCs go out, stunning them as soon as they get mind controlled. Keep in mind that this won't work in the last phase though. You'll have to Wind Shear instead.

Flame shock uptimes are reasonable for an LFR considering those groups don't usually get the adds down before the iron star comes out. So long as it never falls off when you're doing your single target rotation, you should be fine on that end. EB uptime seems pretty low, 27 casts in a 13 minute fight... you should have at least 70% more to account for phases when it comes off CD during chain lightning spam

Deleted
    I was allways informed that lava burst has priority over EB, but to get a more clear question. I need to get better at casting lava burst and EB and use CL as a filler only?

Thumbs up Need moar gear!

I was allways informed that lava burst has priority over EB, but to get a more clear question. I need to get better at casting lava burst and EB and use CL as a filler only?
    Lightning Bolt is your filler ability, not CL. Only use Chain lightning when you can cleave (2 targets unglyphed is fine, 3 or more if glyphed).

It's true that FS+LvB > EB, but then EB should be > everything else.

Your gear is a huge issue dude. From the log I can see that your flame shock uptime and lava burst seems to be okay (look here), you are keeping it up before every LvB which is good.

Your opening doesn't seem optimal for DPS, the adds should be tanked ontop of the boss during your ascendance and you should be lava beaming but you're just spamming LvB into Garrosh see here. If you need to; hold off on your Ascendance for a bit until those adds come out, pop it and go to town. This obviously won't be the case if there is something weird with the adds.. I don't know I don't do LFR. If there is no possibility to hit adds on pull then your rotation for opening is fine minus no pre-pull EB (in which case, disregard this paragraph).

Other then that you appear to be doing 'okay'.

Unfortunately your gear sucks and until you get your meta and cloak you are very limited in your dps abilities - those two items alone, allow you to change into a mastery/UE build which will be hugely beneficial. I would highly recommend you look at getting haste trinkets, that Yu'Lon's trinket is a piece of crap. You would probably net higher DPS by getting the LFR Elegon trinket.

Basically, LvB has priority over pretty much everything. It's not ABSOLUTELY 100% VITAL that you cast Lava Burst as soon as it's off CD or you get a Lava Surge proc -- almost always better to finish your current cast instead and then cast it.

I haven't used EB myself since 5.4 dropped (and UE/UF got buffed), but I imagine your spell priority would be something like LvB > EB > CL/LB. Left out Shocks because you ought to have a feel for that already. If someone else has more experience with EB, they're welcome to give a better priority.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically, LvB has priority over pretty much everything. It's not ABSOLUTELY 100% VITAL that you cast Lava Burst as soon as it's off CD or you get a Lava Surge proc -- almost always better to finish your current cast instead and then cast it.

I haven't used EB myself since 5.4 dropped (and UE/UF got buffed), but I imagine your spell priority would be something like LvB > EB > CL/LB. Left out Shocks because you ought to have a feel for that already. If someone else has more experience with EB, they're welcome to give a better priority.

for single target, the DPET priority is LvB>EB>Fulmination>LB/CL, but this was also from before the t16 2 set, so I'm not 100% on the EB vs Fulmination.

And working in some EBs when adds go down to like 3 would probably be a dps increase if you have CL glyphed, especially if another wave is on its way in. All three stat gains from EB increase CL dmg (the only thing crit is really good for)

For single target from my experience I always goes like this,

Opening Attack
    EB > Fulmination (when it is up) > Flame Shock > Greater Fire Elemental > LvB > Ascendance > LvB Spam > Lighting Bolt

With T16 set, it is best to try to keep fulmination up so that your spells will hit harder with 4% damage buff on the target.

Deleted
    Gonna post some logs from tonighs raid tommorow when i wake up. Did 8/14 normal with my guild.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fvyt1fsnpga8j5yj/

Feedback is very much welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Shamurain View Post
    For single target from my experience I always goes like this,

Opening Attack
    EB > Fulmination (when it is up) > Flame Shock > Greater Fire Elemental > LvB > Ascendance > LvB Spam > Lighting Bolt

With T16 set, it is best to try to keep fulmination up so that your spells will hit harder with 4% damage buff on the target.
    Don't earth shock in the opening. you put your FS on CD, then you have to wait for it, before you can Asc. then your potion is half over by the time you start your CDs

i still UE before FS, to force meta proc.

I would also LvB before Fire Ele, you want to put it on CD asap. it doesn't happen often, but sometimes lava surge procs in those 2 globals. it's an extra LvB, why not?

Deleted
    I have a question regarding elemental dps during add and movement heavy fights. A few specific ones in mind is sha of pride and siegecrafter blackfuse. Siegecrafter blackfuse being both.

Currently my dps abilities on not so movement heavy or add heavy fights like dark shaman , and iron jugg are solid same on thok and paragons where i pull steady high dps. On add and movement heavy fights like sha nad blackfuse i can do about 350k burst then my dps falls on it's arse.

The question i really ask is how do you handle the transition from heavy burst to getting stable dps on those fights? Most fights i have no problem maintaining steady dps. But on those my dps just falls flat for some reason.

Also, i am thinking of going for the 3 extra tick breakpoint at 12k something haste, is it worth it or should i stop at the +2 tick breakpoint and start going mastery?
    Last edited by mmocee3bbba481; 2013-12-12 at 06:10 PM.

I have a question regarding elemental dps during add and movement heavy fights. A few specific ones in mind is sha of pride and siegecrafter blackfuse. Siegecrafter blackfuse being both.

Currently my dps abilities on not so movement heavy or add heavy fights like dark shaman , and iron jugg are solid same on thok and paragons where i pull steady high dps. On add and movement heavy fights like sha nad blackfuse i can do about 350k burst then my dps falls on it's arse.

The question i really ask is how do you handle the transition from heavy burst to getting stable dps on those fights? Most fights i have no problem maintaining steady dps. But on those my dps just falls flat for some reason.

Also, i am thinking of going for the 3 extra tick breakpoint at 12k something haste, is it worth it or should i stop at the +2 tick breakpoint and start going mastery?
    For the first question: Depending on how your group is doing the Sha fight, either you're all just cleaving down the Self-Reflection adds, or one of the tanks is picking them up to leech some vengeance off them. In the former, just throw out a few Chain Lightnings to help chip down their health, and when they're low enough, you can probably safely get back on the boss (other AOEs such as Rain of Fire will often finish them off). Switch to the big add in the back whenever it spawns, then back to boss. Only times you'll really ever be cleaving on Sha are for the Self-Reflection adds, and everything else will be single-target.

Siegecrafter is almost exclusively single-target on the boss, but much heavier on movement. It's possible you may be moving too much and it's dragging your DPS down. Your only periods of extensive movement will be if there's a magnet, if you're kiting the laser, or if you're on the belts. Otherwise, just do the bare minimum of movement in order to not die to mechanics. The only adds you should (ideally) be switching to are the crawler mines, and if belts get screwed up and you have nothing else to do/the tank needs help, maybe the shredders.

For the second question, it's not worth stacking haste just to try and add more Flame Shock ticks. It's a very minor portion of your DPS and exists almost exclusively to let you bulk up the damage of your Lava Bursts.