Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I loved vanilla and tbc, but to say it had better class design? HAH!
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post

Fixed.
    You win the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Oh look, another "Vanilla/BC were the best"

Clearly this person didn't play either of those games.

This is nothing more than a "MoP" sucks post with a bit of a clever wrapping.
    not that clever really... just took a few more seconds than simplay saying TBC>All and MoP sucks....

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    In short, the less you remember, the better it was.

Gotcha.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I personally had the best fun in WoW in TBC.

The reason i started hating the game at some point during WoTLK was because of daily quests, they first started to show up in TBC but blizzard decided to get lazy and use daily quests as 80% of their non raiding content from WoTLK forward and that is what lead to my exit in early Cataclysm.

I was happy to hear out of blizzcon that they were finally going to veer away from daily quests in the next expansion (4yrs too late IMO) and that is the most alluring news i've heard about WoW in 4yrs.

Goddamn those nostalgia glasses be pink!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Human nature. We all remember the good old times, and wish it could be that way again. Even in the real would, you hear the oldies saying how much they wish the world was like how it was when they were young.

Be interesting to see the same image if the game was reversed, as in Mists was the first warcraft, and vanilla was the latest expansion, if the figures would be the same. Would we then say how much better mists of panda was to this vanilla wow, just because it was the original?

Deleted
    From my experience, the community was by far the best in Vanilla. Communicating via IRC and the realm forums, ordering hits on known players, many servers having radio shows with competitions, the guild rivalries etc... the realms were very close and had a very strong community back then.

When a new server was announced, an IRC channel was up way before the realm was and people were already infamous before the leveling already began. Not to mention the race to 60...

Definitely not. PvP (arenas) is way more balanced now than it was in BC, and even more so in Wrath. Quests were 1000x better in Wrath than BC in both structure and story.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Ahahahaha, class design better in tbc and vanilla than MoP? Any arguments? Because that's just pure nonsense. Yeah because class being good only at 1 thing (warriors - tanks, druids - healers etc. etc.) is totally an example of good class design. It's not. even. close. The only one I agree with is "community". The rest is utter bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can tell those are complete bull poop as they gave vanilla quests (go kill 10 tigers, then another 10 slightly stronger tigers then another 10 even stronger tiger then go kill a normal named mob then repeat for raptors and panthers) higher than cata and mop combined... cata and mop have been many things but the questing has improved 100 fold since vanilla.

Obviously just some QQ wow is dieing rubbish like usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    You can tell those are complete bull poop as they gave vanilla quests (go kill 10 tigers, then another 10 slightly stronger tigers then another 10 even stronger tiger then go kill a normal named mob then repeat for raptors and panthers) higher than cata and mop combined... cata and mop have been many things but the questing has improved 100 fold since vanilla.

Obviously just some QQ wow is dieing rubbish like usual.
    lol these quests have always been around and still are. There's only so much you can do with kill quests and those were just nessingwary garbage you saw repeated in multiple expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Am I doing it rite guise?

10+ Year Old Account
    See, that's a more accurate representation of wows life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. It says PVE and raiding is equal to Cataclysm. That by itself makes this image a fucking joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Ahahahaha, class design better in tbc and vanilla than MoP? Any arguments? Because that's just pure nonsense. Yeah because class being good only at 1 thing (warriors - tanks, druids - healers etc. etc.) is totally an example of good class design. It's not. even. close. The only one I agree with is "community". The rest is utter bullshit.
    If you call every ranged being able to DoT , every class being able to AoE, every class basicly being THE SAME CLASS great design I don't even know what to say anymore. Homonization is bad class design, not good. Also, doing away with rotations and make every single class a proc-based spec is also worth -1000 points.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only one I would fully agree on is the community part. It is pretty much gone in comparrison to vanilla WoW for instance. But then again, the game is completely different and has had both good and bad changes over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilara View Post
    You are indeed hahahahahahahaa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    If you call every ranged being able to DoT , every class being able to AoE, every class basicly being THE SAME CLASS great design I don't even know what to say anymore. Homonization is bad class design, not good. Also, doing away with rotations and make every single class a proc-based spec is also worth -1000 points.
    I agree with what you're saying in general, but every DPS spec being proc-based and homogenized is still better than every DPS rotation being 1-2 buttons. That's not even mentioning how terrible the pidgeon-holing was in vanilla with tank and healer classes. You literally could not play about half the specs in the game. That number has dwindled to like 2 in the current game. Sorry, Sub Rogues and MM Hunters.