Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Intel i5 650 @ 3.2 GHz

Might need an upgrade (any cheap suggestions?)

You wouldn't be using Recount by chance, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    lower settings, if they are already at its lowest buy a new pc :P
    The amount of ignorance in posts like these still blows my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devwar View Post
    You wouldn't be using Recount by chance, would you?
    Skada, i know recount have caused me too much trouble before so stopped using it

@Texaswarrior Well, I guess that's what ill have to do then!

Deleted
    Good luck, hope it works out, as a fellow DK I know just how annoying this is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaswarrior View Post
    Good luck, hope it works out, as a fellow DK I know just how annoying this is

Yeah will update with how it went, when I'm done ... :P
    Hope it works!

While I haven't read through all of the replies, I will add my take on the matter.

Basicly as I see it, the times when I have lowest fps is during prime time in shrine. I have everything on ultra. I get to like 10-20 fps sometimes, but during raids/cms and what not I never lag. So tbh I would probaly say it is most likely that it is an addon giving you troubles, an outdated one. Because dungeons is probaly where your computers gets off the easiest. Try disabling addons of then recreate the scenario. If you still have same lag you could try running a repair on your wow, because it doesn't seem to be your pc specs as they are better than mine. Good luck figuring out.

I found some addons to be very lag whores when there was a lot of info going out.. if you use recount, use skada instead, its a lot less memory hog and has improved performance greatly for me.

I also found grid adds a lot of lag to my game, grid2 is a lot smoother.

Deleted
    Yeah, recount can be a real beast, even though it has improved since 5.2 was released. Who remembers lei Shen 25 with recount running? Bad times

10+ Year Old Account
    Update here again, redid elv ui with deleting wtf and interface folders, quickly set up elv ui. and the drops are still there ;/ disabled it again and its gone, should i just stop useing it? but then i would need something that's similar :P because i love it ^^

Deleted
    With pc specs like that it's definitely addon related, as others have said it will most likely be some component of elvui that is causing the problems, something that will be trying to track all the debuffs and doing it badly.

I haven't ever used an entire ui pack so I don't know what the situation with being able to turn off individual components is but if there's an option try turning everything within it off and see if that works, if not then you will probably have to drop elv completely.
    I've always been an advocate of making your own ui, that way you don't get any of the extra crap that comes in packs which you don't need/want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damyou View Post
    With pc specs like that it's definitely addon related, as others have said it will most likely be some component of elvui that is causing the problems, something that will be trying to track all the debuffs and doing it badly.

I haven't ever used an entire ui pack so I don't know what the situation with being able to turn off individual components is but if there's an option try turning everything within it off and see if that works, if not then you will probably have to drop elv completely.
    I've always been an advocate of making your own ui, that way you don't get any of the extra crap that comes in packs which you don't need/want.
    Yeah I've turned off everything I can from the setting in elvui, but i still cant narrow it down to which is the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    Yeah I've turned off everything I can from the setting in elvui, but i still cant narrow it down to which is the problem.
    Sounds like you're pretty screwed then if you're desperate to keep Elv. Good luck building a new UI though!

Telcular suggested turning off nameplates.

Have you tried this?

I haven't had any problems specific to elv ui, but large numbers of nameplates have always been an issue for me.

Deleted
    Hmm maybe I should also try the fixes you write here since I got the same problem. It's either on DnD or Blood Boil with rolling blood talent. Maybe we should test it with an addon profiler? I'll try it today.

1) Make sure all addons are up to date.
    2) Often times TidyPlates does this to me if it isn't updated fully.

This is why UI compilations is a bad thing.

Much better off just installing the single addons you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Telcular suggested turning off nameplates.

Have you tried this?

I haven't had any problems specific to elv ui, but large numbers of nameplates have always been an issue for me.
    This. I use TidyPlates instead of ElvUI's built-in plates and I never have this issue. I'm betting it's the plates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still lags without the nameplates ;/ could anyone of you be kind and send over your UI? so I could test? If its not too much job ofc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    Still lags without the nameplates ;/ could anyone of you be kind and send over your UI? so I could test? If its not too much job ofc
    I have no idea how to do that....