Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Removing the heroics bosses kill requirement from Glory of (insert raid name) raider

Hey everyone, almost everyone noticed the difference between this patch raiding glory achievement and the previous ones we had. Which is no more heroic raid bosses requirement for the achievement.

Do you think this is a good thing or bad idea?

For me personally I don't mind removing the heroic bosses requirement as long as the achievements are super fun to do.

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

I think it was a bad idea to remove the heroic kill requirment, it makes the achivments less intresting for me. But what's most importatnt is that the achivments are fun.

Give heroic kills back!! You miss a big part of the fights and It also gives a joy to be unique at the time when the tier is live and not outdated. But mostly you are just gonna miss some great fights!!

As a Heroic raider that likes feeling like an entitled special snowflake, I'd have preferred they keep the Heroic requirements in.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I don't care - I just wish all raid achievements were level/ilvl limited like Herald of the Titans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer them without the heroic kill requirements because it means I can actually get them when the content is current and the achievements are somewhat challenging :P

I havent gotten heroic kill or the glory for siege of org, I think removing the heroic boss requirement is pretty nice. You have loot and the heroic garrosh mount if you want to flash off your heroic kills. I don't think its necessary to have heroic kills part of the glory raider, and I welcome this change.

I think there should be separate achievements for doing it on Normal/Heroic and Mythic. Well, the same achievements, but doing them on normal would give you say 'Glory of the Mythic Orgrimmar Raider' and a different mount than the normal/heroic version, which would share a mount.

I like not needing to do the heroic achievements for the meta, as I raid normal. But I realise there needs to be something else for heroic (mythic) raiders to aim for, so a separate mount for them is cool. You could also just have drop mounts like the Kor'kron Juggernaut that are for heroic only.

Deleted
    It's a little sad that the mount(s) is ofc going to be more common from now on, but I also welcome it as you won't need to kill some really annoying hc bosses like Dark Animus.

But I'm not aiming for being a special snowflake by a single mount, having a lot of mounts is what's impressive and fun to collect.

Oh yeah, there's also a heroic only mount, so Heroic mode isn't that unrewarding (since none of the previous bosses this xpac had a hc only mount)
    Last edited by mmocd78f79d81d; 2013-11-22 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    I think it was a bad idea to remove the heroic kill requirment, it makes the achivments less intresting for me.
    I agree, what glory is non heroic? Even if it's a content behind.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

With heroics no longer being necessary it becomes possible to make the achievements themselves more difficult and engaging.

It was actually pretty pointless having them require heroics because most people wouldn't sacrifice a week's worth of gearing or progress and would just wait until the next tier/expansion came out anyway, making them much easier than they were 'supposed' to be. Lets face it, most people who ever got these mounts did it while outgearing the content, so overall, the difficulty of obtaining these mounts hasn't really changed that much.

I raid in 25 man, but there is only like 10 people who are interested in achievements. Some of them are not even interested in the achieves itself, they only want the mount. But they also could live without it (the mount), so there's like 6-7 who are truly interested.
    So before T16 we had to wait for the next tier and then do these achieves, not because they were hard (we already had the heroic kills usually) but because no one (well not enough) people wanted to do those achieves over on hc farms.
    So yeah, I am happy for this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoark View Post
    I don't care - I just wish all raid achievements were level/ilvl limited like Herald of the Titans.
    I like the idea, but in practice it wouldn't work so well. For example who would keep a full set of gear from a previous expansion to do the achievement an expansion later? If they gave you the option to scale your gear before each encounter I think ilevel limits are a brilliant idea.

Haven't done real heroic (other than casual kills) this expansion, but in previous expansions it was really annoying to kill off the heroic bosses just to have 5 people complain that they want to do normals for 1-2 weeks to get drakes they'll never use. I like it better this way, gives you something to do when you're still clearing a few normals.

It did do a tidy job of fixing the problem of, 'this week we can either try and get achievements OR do heroic raiding. We obviously can't do the achievement on heoric.' Also, with a separate mount on the boss then heroic raiders still get something flashy to show off.

im still pissed they removed the naxx achievements but not the ulduar or icc ones.

the heroic parts needed to be removed from regular but add a second version that is Glory of the heroic(Mythic) ( Insert ) raider back into the game and make it require that you complete all the cheves and bosses on the heroic(mythic) level to unlock it. having normal and heroic(mythic) versions was a better system cause it rewarded normal raider and it still paid respect to players why did all cheves on the heroic( mythic ) difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    With heroics no longer being necessary it becomes possible to make the achievements themselves more difficult and engaging.

It was actually pretty pointless having them require heroics because most people wouldn't sacrifice a week's worth of gearing or progress and would just wait until the next tier/expansion came out anyway, making them much easier than they were 'supposed' to be. Lets face it, most people who ever got these mounts did it while outgearing the content, so overall, the difficulty of obtaining these mounts hasn't really changed that much.
    Except when people who can't clear normal get the mount, it has undeniably got a lot easier.

@OP I'd prefer they just stop adding require X people achievements like Only the Penitent, how am I supposed to boost people glory achi's with shit like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I'm perfectly happy with a balance of the Glory achieve being doable in Flex, and then sticking a mount on the final heroic boss as a drop.

It was, frankly, really fucking annoying to have to switch to normal mode to do an achievement, and thus potentially lose out on both progress and gear.

Mmm that isn't as bad as being able to get the special snowflake "I though he was supposed to be hard?" achievement AFTER 5.3! >.> And this is coming from somebody who didn't even seen anything past 3/13 heroic until SoO. I was honestly really surprised when I got that achievement on my second Ra-den kill which happened in 5.4