10+ Year Old Account

Boomkin Haste Question

So...

I've read some stuff from a few different sources, talked to a few boomkins on my server, and I'm still kind of at a loss.

Let me start by saying that I'm mostly gemmed for haste. The boomkins that I've talked to have told met hat getting to the GCD/8th tick cap is VERY important, and that it should be doable post 500 ilvl+. Well, I can get there, but I have to basically regem most of my gear to Haste and reforge that way, too.

My numbers are kind of bad (I still don't have my cape, and my gear is... a mess). I'm getting kind of desperate because my guild asked me to go from Feral to Boomkin and I'm just getting confused about how to make my numbers not shitty. Should I NOT be gemming haste? Someone told me that as long as I have about 6.5k crit, that I'm ok and that I should try REALLY hard to get to the 10kwhatever cap.

Halp

***Had to kinda screw with my armory link to post it, please don't hate me.

us.battle. net/wow/en/character/shandris/Joshulate/advanced

Deleted
    You should aim for going to the 10.289 haste cap when you can still keep a decent crit rating (I used 8k crit at least for myself, but there isnt an exact number). Other then that its just micro management of proc and buff tracking, knowing when to refresh dots and when to let them almost run out. When you can get that last cast out before you need to AoE, or when to stay a cast before an eclipse. Now its just when you learned to play feral, trying to understand the gameplay and combine it to situations your in while raiding.

All I can say is goodluck, watch some streams or videos from good moonkins, read some more theorycrafting so you know why they do certain things, and have fun while learning!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshulate View Post
    So...

I've read some stuff from a few different sources, talked to a few boomkins on my server, and I'm still kind of at a loss.

Let me start by saying that I'm mostly gemmed for haste. The boomkins that I've talked to have told met hat getting to the GCD/8th tick cap is VERY important, and that it should be doable post 500 ilvl+. Well, I can get there, but I have to basically regem most of my gear to Haste and reforge that way, too.

My numbers are kind of bad (I still don't have my cape, and my gear is... a mess). I'm getting kind of desperate because my guild asked me to go from Feral to Boomkin and I'm just getting confused about how to make my numbers not shitty. Should I NOT be gemming haste? Someone told me that as long as I have about 6.5k crit, that I'm ok and that I should try REALLY hard to get to the 10kwhatever cap.

Halp

***Had to kinda screw with my armory link to post it, please don't hate me.

us.battle. net/wow/en/character/shandris/Joshulate/advanced
    I just asked the same question about the Haste cap vis-a-vis my gear and from what I can tell which was passed on to me is that as long as you can manage to keep 15K (Crit+Haste) then you should go for the 10.289 cap. After this cap through everything into crit if possible. I cannot really go to your armory for some reason so I cannot tell.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ion?p=24024905

And it doesn't end here. You also need to know the fights really well because this class is all about preparation and calculation. You play moonkin well, you will excel in any caster class. So, you have to know everything about openers, to positioning to dot refreshing. The learning curve is steep buddy, but it's the most interesting spc to play. If you are not patient with this one, you will fail at it.

To be honest the 15k = Crit+Haste ratings calculations were done before the SS proc nerf. I have no idea what it would be now. Also any Moonkin doing full normals + half heroic raids, when the haste cap was being discussed in this forum during ToT, would probably be over the 15k mark ( I was at around 17.5k iirc). So not many would have experienced just how good or bad was gameplay with 5k crit in practice.

But like I said, I don't know if the 15k mark still stands after the SS nerf.

If anything the change to SS proc rate in 5.4 benefits Haste. Since Crit now has a diminished value on multidot sitautions (lower proc rate means it's not worth as much) you will see more of your damage coming from the extra DoT ticks as well as the faster casts allowing faster Eclipse cycles.

Deleted
    Nvm, just noticed you had feral gear on armory.