Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Warlock Solo - Immerseus 10 Normal, BossesKilled Addon, Blue Tweets, DLC #417

Reaper of Souls Highlights: Enchanting, Transmogrification, Crafting, Crusader Thorns Build

Leveling Rewards, Beta Key Giveaway, Events This Weekend, Warrior Beatdown Deck

Warlock Solo - Immerseus 10 Normal
    Today we are taking a look at clever use of boss mechanics that allow warlocks to solo Immerseus.

Addon - BossesKilled
    The BossesKilled addon is a nice addition to the Raid Finder and Flex Raid UI that quickly shows you how many bosses you have killed in each wing, without having to select each one to check. Clicking a button will select that wing and the buttons will highlight if you are queued for that wing.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Character / Items
    Is your intent for hybrids to have to carry spare gear or can we get a glyph or something that makes armor/spirit boost dps?
    Less extra gear than you do today for sure. (Source)

In Warlords of Draenor, are crafted items likely to be able to acquire the bonus stats/socket?
    Considering that just so they can compete. (Source)

A little confused what tanks will gear for on normal items? Mastery/Haste?
    Yes, and even crit and other stats. (Source)

I'm assuming gems and enchants will still have spirit options, even though we're paring down. Correct?
    Gems, yes. Still debating exact enchanting mechanics. (Source)

you can literally double your dps from one pull to another with different trinket rng right now. Not fun.
    That's all a problem with the pull though. Otherwise RNG variance evens out over the course of a fight. (Source)
    We want to make the "line up all CDs do do 50% of your DPS in the first 10 sec" thing go away. (Source)
    I feel like Stormlash, Skull Banner and Prepot are huge contributors. Would be ok with all of them disappearing.
    Except for prepot, none of the CDs offend us alone. It's the synergistic effect that is out of control. (Source)
    Yet rules about X not working while Y is active can also be annoying, so it's not a simple fix. (Source)
    Sure it is! Just don't add so many cooldowns to the game! If you see two spells too similar on 1 class, axe one
    That pitch would mean no Recklessness for Fury or GoaK for Ret. Think there would be no outrage? (Source)

Shouldn't DPS roles in raid be rewarded for following trinket procs? I default UI still and have no problems being in top 98%+
    Yeah, totally. That's the point of having them proc. The pendulum just swung too far the other way. (Source)

and all trinkets/CDs on the pull is fun/interesting, not having anything proc in the opener is boring and lowers skillcap.
    Again, disagree that it's skillful. It might be fun to see big numbers but it's frustrating when you don't get the big numbers. (Source)
    We then get pressure to basically insure that you get the big numbers, at which point pulling them off isn't exciting any longer. (Source)
    Fixing things like snapshotting and less "on the pull" emphasis can keep it exciting without failure being debilitating. (Source)

PvE
    Possible to give pets 15% exp/remove "always behind" in pet AI? Causes many issues that this easily solves
    We don't really want pets standing on top of tanks. (Source)

Not sure right person to ask, but will there be any change about asia's different lockout and ilvl things in WoD?
    Our hope is Asia can use the same model now. It will support multiple raid lockouts, which the current system does. (Source)

So is 1 in 50 players having their guilds merge/disband acceptable casualties? A "courageous" idea
    That argument is an easy one to swing around. There are players who liked downranking or spell components. (Source)
    But sometimes the game needs to change for the good of the game as as whole, even if individual players don't agree. (Source)

I'm confused on how loot lockouts will work. do normal, heroic and mythic all share a loot lockout?
    No. A loot lockout only applies to one difficulty level. Mythic works mostly like heroic today. (Source)

Cant you keep difficulties same as now, adding Mythic on top of it? People wont careas much at that level is all about progres
    It is possible to have too many difficulty levels. Aren't you asking for a 7th? (Source)

But do you PREFER to let them decide that? It's often 1 person thinking for the group, w/o consulting them.
    That seems like a social issue if you mistrust your guild or pug. (Source)
    Even pugs need to have some teeth, or they are just back to LFR's level of no responsibility for anyone. (Source)

Misc
    You overuse "depth" like players overuse "clunky."
    I'm a former scientist, so I try to use words precisely. "Depth" to me means that there is more going on than first appears. (Source)
    That's a useful feature of game design because it plays into easy to learn / difficult to master. (Source)
    The problem with "clunky" is many players just use it to mean "I don't like this," which lacks precision. (Source)
    Our original, internal use of clunky, which likely spilled out onto the forums, had a precise meaning. (Source)
    We originally used "clunky" to mean something that was unintuitive and required extraneous steps to achieve. (Source)
    An example could be old Berserker Rage for a tank -- stance dance out of Defensive, break the fear, stance dance back. (Source)

Yes, I agree, swing the nerfbat much much harder at removing cooldowns with dumb visuals :P
    Thinking something like GoAK for Prot, wings for Ret, Divine Favor with a better visual for Holy. (Source)
    I like it. Guardians should "guard" after all. Does that change Divine Favor mechanically for Holy at all?
    I don't know. It was raw idea more than a design. (Source)

Black Friday Sale List
    Most of the sales are over now, but there are still some decent deals on leftovers!

Dark Legacy Comics #417
    DLC #417 has been released!

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I actually chuckled IRL at DLC this time.

That DLC is freaking brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    kinda sad when current tier is being soloed.....

DLC is very funny this time.

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    kinda sad when current tier is being soloed.....
    Even worse was the Panda Monk soloing Heroic Stone Guard.

10+ Year Old Account
    That addon is rather pointless. If you can't remember what bosses you have killed you should go see a doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice warlock solo, nothing interesting from blues and an awesome DLC to start the weekend

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man. That DLC really hits home

Deleted
    I wonder, how long did that Immerseus fight take. Hour? Two?

Am I the only one thinking how fucking bullshit this is? If you have a class like a warlock soloing current content, then IMO, blizz is doing it wrong. Back in Wrath and the previous expansions, this was IMPOSSIBLE to do.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Am I the only one thinking how fucking bullshit this is? If you have a class like a warlock soloing current content, then IMO, blizz is doing it wrong. Back in Wrath and the previous expansions, this was IMPOSSIBLE to do.
    It actually wasn't

I distinctly remember a mage soloing a good chunk of a Naxx wing and a rogue soloing patchwerk in WOTLK. I also recall a warlock soloing Hydross in Serpentshrine Cavern in BC and various other hilarious things like rogues reaching 100% evasion and tanking bosses like Illidan so they had to put a -% dodge debuff in Sunwell because of them. Gimmicky stuff has been around since the beginning, fellas. This warlocks pet is immune to the debuffing breath as far as I can see, which trivializes the encounter, that is all.

Deleted
    Death Knights would want to have a word with you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Raegwyn solo'd Marrowgar at 80 in wrath, your complaints are invalid :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grinthe View Post
    rogues reaching 100% evasion and tanking bosses like Illidan so they had to put a -% dodge debuff in Sunwell because of them. Gimmicky stuff has been around since the beginning, fellas. This warlocks pet is immune to the debuffing breath as far as I can see, which trivializes the encounter, that is all.
    Feral druids could reach 100% evasion by the end of T6. Twas a fun time
    Last edited by Alski; 2013-11-30 at 10:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Smile Respectfully disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    That addon is rather pointless. If you can't remember what bosses you have killed you should go see a doctor.
    It's actually quite helpful if you've got a handful of alts (7 90's including my main) that you're running through LFRs every week. Granted, I only run maybe 3 toons throughout the week, but I certainly can't keep track of each boss I down on which alt. This is super helpful for someone such as myself.
    Last edited by Rengari; 2013-11-30 at 10:17 AM. Reason: additional info

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rengari View Post
    It's actually quite helpful if you've got a handful of alts (7 90's including my main) that you're running through LFRs every week. I certainly can't keep track of each boss I down on which alt. This is super helpful for someone such as myself.
    That enforces my point even more.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    That enforces my point even more.
    How's that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krrax View Post
    I wonder, how long did that Immerseus fight take. Hour? Two?
    1 hour, 14 mins. You can see it at the end of the video

Quote Originally Posted by Grinthe View Post
    This warlocks pet is immune to the debuffing breath as far as I can see, which trivializes the encounter, that is all.
    Not immune, but all pets (hunter pets too, IIRC) have a 90% damage reduction to AoE abilities. Corrosive Blast is a frontal cone AoE, so the damage reduction applies to it, effectively trivialising the ability. It works because if there's nobody in melee range of the boss, he just casts Corrosive Blast on the nearest player (or pet). The warlock in this video positions his pet so that it's out of melee range, but closer than the warlock himself, and off to the side so that he doesn't get hit by the frontal cone too. Then it's just a matter of out-ranging the Swirl if it's going to cross your path, and not standing in the shit on the ground. When the boss enrages, the enrage actually only lasts for 30 minutes, so you just need to continue the boss fight without getting hit for 30 mins until he un-enrages, and the fight continues like normal until he's killed.

Sidenote: The same warlock attempted the boss on Heroic too on the next reset, and lasted over an hour, but only got the boss to 86 energy in that time, so gave up because he didn't want to sit there for upwards of 6 hours to kill it.

Also: Ji-Kun works in a similar way to Immerseus, in that if there's nobody in melee range, it continually casts Quills. There've been a few warlocks who've solo'd Ji-Kun already, just by keeping up enough self-healing to negate Quills damage. (Supposedly ~23k HPS).

Who are you again?