Talking WoW Scroll of Resurrection questions?

Hey!

I haven't played WoW for a year and about 2 months. I wanted to get back into it before they came out with their new expansion. So I started talking to a few of my old friends on the game through Facebook and what not and one of them said they will send me a Scroll Of Resurrection, which I thought was a great idea! But I had a few questions that both of us didn't know the answers too and since I don't have a paid account anymore I can't write on the WoW forums asking them.

Here are the questions I have:

It says on the website that I have to have been not playing since March 4th '2012' to receive the rewards? Both of us thought this is wrong and out of date because that's almost 2 years. Then it says a free upgrade to 'Cataclysm' and a selected character boosted to level '80'. If this was up to date wouldn't it be a free upgrade to Mists and a character boosted to 85? Especially since this expansion is almost over?

The second question I had was if I accept the scroll and get back into the game with the free 7 days of play, when do I start paying monthly so that my friend and I can get the rewards? Like can I pay as soon as I set up my account to the scroll or do I have to wait out those 7 days and then start paying?

My third and final question is right now I am experimenting with a starter account and love my characters name on it. If I set up my old account to the scroll and get the 7 free days of game-time, could I delete my starter account's character and then re-add it on my main account that has 7 days free with the same name? and if that all works, then do I proceed in boosting that character up to 80? Will that work?

This was badly done on Blizzards part and is quite confusing to be honest...

If anyone could help me out, that would be cool!

Thanks!

Unfortunately Blizzard has not updated the Scroll of Resurecction since Cataclysm. This means that the info on their website is indeed up to date and you can't accept a scroll if you played after march 2012. (Please correct me if i'm wrong) It's stupid that it still hasn't updater after Cata, they should have done it along with the recent Recruit a friend upgrade.

To answer your second question; yes you can pay immediately, you don't have to wait 7 days.

Third question; as long as there is no one with a particular name on a server you can pick that name. Just deleting your old character will do. You can boost any character you want aside from Monks. You can boost Pandaren but you need to complete the starting area in order to pick a faction first.

Deleted
    Some1 should ask a blue about this (unless it has already been done ofc). I also wonder if they will upgrade the scroll of resurrection program or at least the date since i have some friends now that are on a different server and the new expansion looks interesting enough for me to try. If i can get a free transfer to that server it would be a nice welcome back gift and pretty awesome.

Haven't played since april 2012 so that date they use now is very annoying :/
    Last edited by mmoc4f81f92e6d; 2013-11-30 at 03:50 PM.

Mikeshort is correct. The March 2012 part is correct, unfortunately. So yes, you would have had to not play for nearly 2 years to be able to benefit from a Scroll of Resurrection.

Well that is very disappointing. I hope Blizzard updates it.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's long overdue for an update, I doubt they'll make us wait much longer for it.
    Butts.

I expect it will happen soon to try and get some more revenue in between now and the release of WoD
    RETH

Another thing. Right now I am running a Starter account to see what has changed in the year that I haven't played and I put in a ticket asking pretty much my questions here but why in living hell does a ticket take almost 3 days to answer now? I remember when I used to play that the tickets would be answered in 6 hours tops.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarzMyThing View Post
    Another thing. Right now I am running a Starter account to see what has changed in the year that I haven't played and I put in a ticket asking pretty much my questions here but why in living hell does a ticket take almost 3 days to answer now? I remember when I used to play that the tickets would be answered in 6 hours tops.
    Because people make stupid tickets, like you, that a GM shouldn't have to bother with. They're for bugs and problems, not general questions like these.

Deleted
    Hey guys!
    I sent my friend a SoR, he wants to know if its possible or not after your accepted the scroll, to log on with some chars to send the will-be-transfered toon the herilooms and items or gold and then transfer to other realm? If it is, what can you take with your hero? Is there a gold cap?
    Thanks!

You can just mail the heirlooms cross server now. As for the gold thing and your other questions, I don't know. I believe there is a gold cap, but what it is I do not have the knowledge about.