A confused FrostMage looking for advice

Hey

So ive been reading up on all guides n such and i have one simple question..

How should i gem/reforge ?=/

Since i got the meta gem, with TW i reach GCD without an issue - want maximum all around dps since i dont wanna reforge for everyfight =P

Since this is my first post i cant link anything -

Character namer: Börd
    Server: Darkmoon faire - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey, I found a guide that tells you how to gem and reforge based on what breakpoint you want to reach, how about that?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...%28Advanced%29

I would go with what is called the "mixture" build which is strong for both single target and aoe. I recommend going for the 12684 haste breakpoint and using the Ask Mr Robot optimizer tool to select your gems and reforges. AMR will allow you to select the haste breakpoint you want and the default stat weights are generally correct. I am sure some of the other frost mages will chime in on this post with more info, but in the mean time there is some good reading to be had here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ost-(Advanced)

How about that.. i Did read it and ive done quite a few (100+) SimC and i tend to get diffrent results all the time.
    Somehow when usuing simC with AMR it seem like it cant make up its mind about haste crit and mastery.

Ive tried 10diffrent speccs ingame, maybe its just the limit of my gear that doesnt get me further, but im yet to find an optimal overall dps specc

Short-run:
    -Stack haste till you reach 12684 breakpoint, then go for mastery

Long-Run:
    -Work on getting warforged off-pieces with haste/mastery or hit/haste, hit/mastery and two-piece T16
    -Work towards reaching 15832 breakpoint*
    -Decide if you want to go straight haste-bomb build or go for a haste-mastery mixture build

*Once you reach 12684 haste, stack mastery until your gear can reach at least 15832 haste then reforge/gem for the 15832 breakpoint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nandero View Post
    How about that.. i Did read it and ive done quite a few (100+) SimC and i tend to get diffrent results all the time.
    Somehow when usuing simC with AMR it seem like it cant make up its mind about haste crit and mastery.

Ive tried 10diffrent speccs ingame, maybe its just the limit of my gear that doesnt get me further, but im yet to find an optimal overall dps specc
    Because of the way frost works with bombs and our crit cap, simming your gear can be a hassle. Basically if your not near crit cap simc will say its best. If you can reach a haste breakpoint but not at it haste is best. If the two prior conditions are met mastery is best.

The reason we don't shoot for crit cap is because you will get enough crit from intellect that you will be really close to the cap and any intellect procs will push you over the cap. So just ignore crit in simc.

Right now im sitting at 17869 haste self buffed, with the trinket from immersius..

Ive been ignoring crit putting it last, untill i started to play with SimC wich told me to edit weights in AMR completely wrong, 20.86% crit selfbuffed.

So really what im trying to figure out, and been trying to figure out for 2 weeks now kinda what you just answered.
    15832 Haste - Selfbuffed - W/O raid or with is the only question left i guess

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Oh hey, I found a guide that tells you how to gem and reforge based on what breakpoint you want to reach, how about that?

amazing what you can find when you actually look at guides...but alas, he didn't read it enough it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post

Even though you are right, there is no need for comments like this. Just redirect people to the right path and let it be. Don't bash people that do not know as they are new to the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    amazing what you can find when you actually look at guides...but alas, he didn't read it enough it looks.
    Same goes on this. You did nothing to advance this thread, just bashed a new user even more. This is something that is not needed on these forums.

- - - Updated - - -

As for this thread, I know the guides might be a bit confusing atm, but the information needed should indeed be in the Advanced Frost guide. We will hopefully offer better guides next expansion.

I will close this thread for now due to the unwanted posts in it, if you can't find the info or have another problem considering frost, please do post in guide itself, more people read it and are probably more willing to help.