Deleted

Should I go for 13,163 haste break point?

I've been doing some normal modes on my restoration druid alt. At this point it's a bit more geared and I'm wondering if I should go for the 13,163 haste break point. I've ran my character through askmrrobot and it's certainly possible. The only thing is that I seem to lose alot of spirit and some mastery because I'll gem and reforge to haste.

So my question is if I should go for it, even if I'll have to gem for haste. Feedback about general talent/glyph choices is also welcome btw.
    Character: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/agamaggan/Crackmeup/advanced

I don't main spec resto, just OS on random heroics. I've never really seen a reason to have much more than ~12500 spirit, but that's also my playstyle. However, with that cap put into AMR with the 13163BP.. you don't seem to lose too much mastery.

It's more though than whats shown on paper.. you should try it out and see how you like the playstyle. You do appear to have the gear to support it!

Deleted
    Gemming haste to get to the breakpoint is fine, even mandatory for most unless you have exclusively haste items. What's not so fine is when you have to give up big socket bonuses (i.e. 120 int or better) or reforge spirit to below what you're comfortable with. I would say it's worth making the switch if you can get there without having to do these two things.

The amount of spirit you need depends mostly on playstyle. Some people don't mind running as low as 10k on HC progression, others go up to 17-18k or even higher. Neither is necessarily wrong.

As a sidenote: I see you're gemming full intellect in red slots and int/mastery in yellow. 2 mastery > 1 int for healing, so if you decide to stick with a mastery build I would replace int with mastery where you can.
    Last edited by mmoc0b02ba1114; 2013-12-01 at 12:35 AM.

In general, I would say aiming for the 13,163 breakpoint is a definite plus over a straight mastery build and I found it be a much 'nicer' healing playstyle than a straight mastery build. Now, looking into your character directly and taking into account your armory and ask mr. robot profiles I would not advise you to go for it just yet because you are
    1. required to drop a particularly large amount of spirit and mastery perhaps below your comfortable levels (although this is up for debate)
    2. are forced to abandon two +120 int socket bonuses on your items, shoulders and hands in this case, in order to reach the desired 13,163 haste breakpoint
    which I do not feel is optimal. However, if we adjusted your second trinket for a Prismatic prison of pride from any difficulty (LFR, Flex, Normal or Heroic) with 0/2 upgrades used then you are able to easily reach the 13,163 haste breakpoint using a combination of int. & haste, pure haste gems and other secondary stat gems (those of which are recommended for druid healing as the stat budget of secondary and hybrid stat gems, namely quick sun's radiance and reckless vermilion onyx, are more effective than the primary stat gems, namely brilliant primordial ruby) along with a healthy amount of spirit and mastery (around 19k+ to reforge around depending on which version of the trinket you acquire) that you can reforge depending on the amount of each stat you desire. Personally, once I had acquired the Prismatic prison I would then aim for the 13,163 haste breakpoint.

The second trinket you use with the Prismatic prison is entirely up to you as both your current trinkets are both very good (even the flex version of dysmorphic samophlange) and if it were my druid then I would happily switch between both the Burnished insignia and samophlange depending on how much regen I desire on a fight per fight basis.

I hope this helps you somewhat and I wish you luck in acquiring the Prison trinket.

I agree with the person above me. Mastery gives strong heals but haste gives more heals from ticks in the same time and faster cast time. If you have a good single target healer go haste. Mastery is a spiky healer healer , its strong but not fast. Haste heals less strong but its less spiky and more soft healing. You can catch allot of falls with it. And it upheals faster.

Side not...dodnt try this build without sha trinket. It will cost you 2 stats in other departments.
    The 8% extra haste isvery nice. And it also gives it to mastery so you loose less that way
    Last edited by baskev; 2013-12-05 at 02:03 AM.

With that gear, probably not. You have almost no items with haste on them and few yellow sockets. I'm not sure if you even could reach it without breaking socket bonuses.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post
    I don't main spec resto, just OS on random heroics. I've never really seen a reason to have much more than ~12500 spirit, but that's also my playstyle. However, with that cap put into AMR with the 13163BP.. you don't seem to lose too much mastery.

It's more though than whats shown on paper.. you should try it out and see how you like the playstyle. You do appear to have the gear to support it!
    While I agree with the others say that you should wait until you get more haste pieces I have to comment on this bit; swapping mastery for haste to get to the breakpoint is absolutely fine, haste to 13k (as long as you reach 13k) is slightly better than mastery, particularly once you start to get a lot of gear, so losing a lot of mastery to get the haste breakpoint is what you want to be doing.

What you need to avoid is breaking too many gem bonuses or dropping your spirit below a level you're comfortable with.

Deleted
    Should I go for 13,163 haste break point?
    Yes. I don't want to do the math for you, but if you can still get about 12k Spirit, the 13k Haste Breakpoint is better than a mastery build. You will need the manareg though.