Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I agree with everything you said. Except one thing you failed to realize is the target audience for timeless isle. It's not aimed at new players, it's purely intended for the 7+ million subs Wow lost. One of the biggest challenges Blizzard faces is reducing the barrier to entry in the game or a return to the game. That is the precise reason they are giving everyone a "free" 90 in the next xpac. Regardless of this point, Blizzard still fails miserably cause it's only a matter of a week or two before former players realize - Wow is just painted rust.

I produced a Machinima video on Timeless Isle a few months ago. I intended it to be an overly exaggerated parody. Little did I realize, I wasn't far off the mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I don't know how you can not like T.I relative to other world zones.
    Has 'lack of plot and structure' not been repeated enough?

Remove all ilvl 496 gear then im fine with this place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    --snip--
    Wow, that was terrible.

Deleted
    Couldn't agree more with everything you said. Timeless Isle should be called Sandbox mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    You're an idiot.

Infracted
    Quoted for Truth.

The OP is really an idiot.

Just read the long winded post and all his point are all coming from the viewpoint of some immature teenager.

And btw, those rare respawn faster than some questing NPC.

PS: And the mods should stay off people comments.

Infracted: Don't insult other users [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-12-02 at 04:21 AM.

I think Timeless Isle is ok... though we all could have lived without the Burning Charge thing, and the rares could drop some more interesting stuff. Oh and I wish there were more interesting things to buy for the timeless coins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Quoted for Truth.

The OP is really an idiot.

Just read the long winded post and all his point are all coming from the viewpoint of some immature teenager.

And btw, those rare respawn faster than some questing NPC.
    Indeed, Immature Teenager Fact 2.3 from article 5F31, Paragraph 9.2 from the Universal Act of Opinions and Conduct in an Online Forum.

Can't say I agree. The only thing I really hate about the Timeless Isle is that there are so many people rare hunting that chances are that unless you can get there within 10s, it's dead. The gear I don't mind as it's random stat garbage which is generally crappy, and to be perfectly honest I think your section on that is complete hogwash and just shows ignorance of how the game really works; it's been established many times in the past that forcing challenge on people who don't want it doesn't magically make them learn and improve, it frustrates them and makes them give up. The gear serves the purpose it's intended to serve: It helps to quickly gear up alts, something that this expansion has heretofore had been difficult to do.

The only other thing I strongly dislike is the Shaohao rep since it comes off of ridiculously hard-hitting mobs and gives so little that you have to grind said ridiculous hard-hitting mobs repeatedly for very little reward; personally none of the rep rewards matter to me so I haven't even bothered grinding it. However, that's IMO the model that reputation should having moving forward; it shouldn't feel like a requirement for X piece of gear, it should be a choice if you want a cool tabard/mount/etc. then you do the grind, if you don't then you skip it.

10+ Year Old Account
    8 pages of replies, seems either people really agree or really disagree. Seems there are two teams and two viewpoints on this island.

First I want to say thank you for those who supported most of my standpoints!

Secondly, I might have not been clear enough, English is not my mother tongue. I said I don't like how easy it is to get gear yet that it's too hard to do some grinds. There is a thing called MODERATION. That means it should NOT be ALL OR NOTHING. A good game varies, where SOME things are easier and SOME things are harder.

Now, getting gear should be one of the Harder things to do, while doing more trivial things like reputation, collecting pets etc, things that give no advantage in either PvP or PvE should be slightly Easier to do. Right now Timeless Isle is the opposite, where gear is easy while trivial things are hard. That is what I am against.

And for those who goes to far in their posts calling me names for my opinions, maybe it's time to grow up, I'm 25 (someone called me teenager) with a good job and after a days work my main hobby is this game, which I played a lot. Part of my salary goes into this game and I really care for it, want is as good as possible. And NO, I am not trolling, I stand for what I write.

PS. I have played Superman 64, tons of bad NES games and pretty much everything that is considered horrible, and I prefer that over this island any day, but since I love this game and want to do everything to fully enjoy it, I have to do the horrible parts too.
    Last edited by Battlebeard; 2013-12-01 at 04:19 PM.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    It' meh. I do the Daily and weekly, the world bosses, and that's it.
    I see no reason to grind kilnmasters and chanters for rep past honored, as I think the mount is ugly, same for the mini pet. Well, I likely wouldn't do it even if they weren't ugly. It's just too much. Then again, not having shaohao and exalted doesn't matter much to me.

Luckily, I'm not a hardcore completionist. The isle must suck for those.

What I liked best about the isle were the chests and the exploration part. Also the pirate events. The problem with this type of content is simply that it's one-time content. Once you opened the chests and did the events, that's it.
    The weekly chests are a step in the right direction, but it doesn't help that they always spawn in the same location and contain basically nothing. So I just did this jumping puzzle for 8 coins? Then again, next week? Sorry, not coming back.

The isle isn't bad, if you don't want to do the grinds, don't. The problem is that there's little else to keep it interesting until wod hits.

You have the entire idea, and reason for the isle existing wrong.

Like, literally completely wrong.

It serves exactly it's purpose perfectly.

I don't bother with it any more, why? Because it did it's job for my catching my alts up.

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    I love it how the second post got reported+infraction warning yet OP starts trolling, flaming as well and has nothing on him.
    Oh mods
    pretty much, people can make completely uninformed threads, posting complete LIES and spewing bullshit, but people fall for the trolling it's ok and mods do nothing at all, you call it trolling you get the infraction.

mods of course will say don't like it report it and move on, but it never gets infracted/closed the trolling and lies just continue on.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hi!

I just had it now with this island and wanted to see if anyone out there would agree that this is the by far worst idea Blizzard ever had. Some people like this island but personally I truly hate it. I want a stronger word then hate, because I hated Isle of Thunder too, but this is literally ten times worse. I'm gonna state some reasons to see if anyone agree with me. I should say that more or less also played this game since launch actively and engaged in everything the game has to offer. Please read thoroughly before you reply.

The idea of Timeless

The main idea of this island was to implement an island with a common new reward system, with so called Timeless Coins which was obtainable from different sources. The idea sounded, well decent I guess, but they failed miserably. The amount of time it takes to get some coins is not the problem. But the problem is that is basically Nothing to buy that has any value. You can buy the 496 gear but they also drop everywhere and some are even guaranteed from some chests. I never bought one single item from the shop, yet all my alts have full 496 gear (those who needed it) for both MS and OS and I constantly now vendor these. So to sell these tokens for coins seems kinda unnecessary. You can also buy the 535 item, Burden of Eternity, but it cost 50 thousand coins. To get 50 thousand coins takes a long time, and who in their right mind would grind 50 thousand coins rather then go for Raid Finder of Flex. What were they thinking... The only other things you can buy, which was the only items I cared for was One single pet, One single mount and a teleport trinket. And they all required reputation that takes forever to grind. In conclusion, worthless currency, which was boring to grind and by far not worth the effort.

Supports the lazy and the bad
    I should say more about those 496 items. They are really easy to obtain. There are over 30 small chests and a few bigger chest which has a very high chance of containing them. The chests are not account wide so you can visit with all your chars and claim lots and lots of those gears. They are also account bound so you can simply send them to your alts as well. "Nice free epics" some might think. But one of the biggest problems this game has had since around WotLK is that it caters to the lazy and the bad instead of the dedicated and the good. People will never get better if they don't face any challenge. They will never get better if they are not forced to learn. They will never enjoy the game before they are getting better. If they don't enjoy the game, they will un-sub and this game will loose more subscribers. Blizzard has the very wrong tactic here. They think that handing out free stuff, like these items, LFR, Scenario loot, which is easy loot, is the solution. It is not. If anything, it should be harder to get loot with more patches, not easier. Right now, old tiers are dying because no one need them. And seriously, if you ONLY fly to an island and loot some chest for your gear. How can you gain any skill or knowledge. Free gear comes with no experience. That means that bad and lazy people will be more common and spread to other areas in the game. There is a reason LFR sucks beyond belief. Those players never learned the game cause they never HAD to. This island makes ANYONE regardless how inexperienced or bad they are to access more parts of they game. This is not good for them either. Since they will just be hated and suck, they won't enjoy the game and they quit. Adding 496 item level gear (which also has terrible stats) was a huge fail from Blizzard.

"Huolon 100%... Houlon dead"

Second is the rare mobs. Why was it necessary to add so many? Isle of Thunder had many problems, like awful terrain and way, way, way too many mobs who dazed you wherever you went. But at least they had a decent amount of rares. Here its 20+ and they are spread. You might think that is nice, something should always be up, but NO. They never drop anything for the achievement "Going to need a bigger bag" and they barely drop any of the 496 gear, therefore, they are always wanted. There is always someone camping them (on medium/high realms at least) so they are basically never up more then a few seconds. You spend almost your entire time on this island running between dead rares. It's just ridiculously boring to run between corpses with no rewards for it either if you manage to reach them.

This place sucks...

Thirdly is the terrain and design. What were they seriously thinking when they placed out the mobs. The grass area has more tigers then it actually has grass. Can you go anywhere without aggroing something? Doubt it. Not to mention the cranes or other mobs. How hard is programming a flexible world, which increase number of spawned enemies depending on how many people that are near that area. Many people are on the island but almost no one kills random mobs so the numbers stay crazy high. And also the terrain. The trail up to Ordos Sanctuary is a joke. Fall down and you have to run a mile to get back up. It's a minor point I know, but I just think it could have been more accessible. Also the tauren enemies of Ordos wander the roads and guard entryways. Whatever happened to "If you follow a road you are less likely to encounter monsters"?...

...and you never leave it
    Next and most importantly is the never, ever, ever, ever, ever ending grinds. People said they missed Vanilla grinds but Blizzard took that to literal and added useless grinds that I doubt many like. If you are an achievement hunter or just interested in doing as much as possible in game or feel the need to do the grinds for any other reason, you will have a bad time doing so. Why are they adding things that no one could find fun? Grinds are worthless unless they are meaningful. Linear, repetitive and boring grinds like the ones on the island are completely worthless. I speak of many. I do not count grinding timeless coins because you can never be "done" with it really. I mean grinds you can complete. Fire Watcher, which require you to get 2000 Bloody Coins is one of them. What is this, seriously. Blizzard turn you against your allies. Whatever happened to the community of the game? Whatever happened to playing together? Whatever happened to Alliance versus Horde? This is against Everything WoW should be. And worst of all, it takes countless hours of mainly farming people who are busy fighting other things, or scouting AFK people or just being a dick in general and snatching kills. Two thousand is needed, 500 would have been much more then enough. Then there is the reputation grind of course. Killing an endless amount of tauren mobs for small rep. Same mobs. Over and over. So boring I can't find words. Why was this grind needed when the reward is a not so cool mount and nothing more... The lat major grind is the worst one. The horror of this one is indescribable and I will give it an own paragraph even...

The biggest turd ever laid
    I speak of course about "Going to Need a Bigger Bag". This is an abomination to mankind. What kind of sadistic, sick people came up with this one. This achievement require you to collect a trillion rare items which mainly drop from the rares, which I already mentioned, are almost always dead. The drop rate varies from below 1% to 4% or so for most items. I have only seen a few people in the world who has done this and these people are top 50 worldwide achievement collectors as well. I am not saying it should be easy, but this goes to far. Never has I seen in Any game I ever played an achievement this stupid. It forces those who care for achievements to spend hundreds and hundreds of hours on this island doing the very same thing, running between rares and hoping for that item. An insane grind based on RNG... How could they have come up with this? I can't find more words of hate for this achievement but anyone who is going for it will see that it's a living hell.

Conclusion
    So, to wrap this up. This island has seriously not brought anything good. It's an abomination to the glorious game that is WoW. I hope someone agrees with me. I'm afraid that Blizzard don't consider this the huge fail that it was and will continue like this. The fate of the game is depending on the new expansion and if WoD fails like this island, and copy it's style, I seriously believe it can be the end of the game. The dedicated veterans will drop and left will only be new players who doesn't want to learn and only want free epic items. This island was perfect for them but bad for the quality of the game. I will try to spread this to Blizzard as much as I can, hopefully someone can see that people are displeased, and I hope someone agree with me.

Last words, Timeless Isle is the worst idea created for any video game in the history of gaming. One of the best games add one of the worst ideas ever. Sometimes I wish they keep doing things like this so that the game die, just so the the responsible people can lie sleepless at night and wonder about the abominations they killed a great game with. Screw this island, I'm going home to Ironforge!
    I think you should research 'How to use Fanboys' it would help connect those run-on and fragment sentences.

Deleted
    It's because people will deem all opinions that differ from theirs "trolling" or "lies" and scream for moderation. It's a silly game. You can't blame the mods for disallowing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    I only have two issues with the Timeless Isle:

1-I think that every mob on the isle should share tags, in the same manner as GW2. As it is, the isle promotes people having to fight for mobs, which isn't good for community, imo.

2-I think the rares should scale significantly higher (or simply have more base HP). Nothing more infuriating than hearing a rare called out as being up, only to have it die in about 4 seconds. Heck, on most nights you're lucky to even get the tag if you're nearby because there are so many people crowding the mob as he spawns-at least on my high pop server.

Other than those two things, I hope they continue making similar zones.
    This. And only this one. Problem is that spawn annoucing is only becouse of addons, soo it doesnt happen mostly. And another is hp of rares, rare with 5 person hitting it (max hp) having under 10 million hp is riddiculuosly low. As matter of fact there should be no rare having less then, lets say 50 M hp while fully stacked. Ofc loot would be a bit better ==> bigger chance for timeless gear.

Soo fix the hp, and annouce it, aka each rare shout, when spawned as Dread ship do, and problems are fixed.
    ANd increase drop rare of some items a bit, or make each tradeable properly for 2 hours in grp(only for items for Bigger bags).

I prefer the island to most other ways to catch alts up to current content. You argue that most who go there to walk around and collect gear tokens won't know what to do with their class. I raid heroic content on my main - I don't want to spend hours catching up my alts to an acceptable gear level for LFR and Flex. The reasons I make all of my alts is so I can have funsies on a diff class that I don't normally play often. I really like the isle - Sure, I can never get to Houlon in time but I don't try too hard. I've killed ordos a few times, but I don't consider that gear mandatory unless you're sorely missing a piece to be able to join flex groups. I can accept that your opinion is different than mine, but please, PLEASE, don't put blanket statements over those of us who do use the isle for it's intended purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

gonna leave my 2 cents here: personally i see timeless isle as a bonus level you find in some games, theres rares everywhere, theres rewards everywhere, theres mounts, theres vanity items, toys etc, and nothing that drops there has a significance on endgame raiding. the gear system is great for alt catching up, and 5 or so of my chars are geared almost exclusively from that place. i also find tokens to be a nice extra gold once you have no use for them
    relating to 'houlon 100%, houlon dead' i cant say it bothers me as much (might have to do with playing on a low pop realm) but then again, wasnt it you that chose to play on a high pop realm? you should know the pros and cons of it. if you simply want a certain mob/drop, you'll be camp it ~the time it should respawn, if you want a random rare, well 'its always a happy hour somewhere'
    i am one of the few that farmed the bag achievement, and yeah, some were a pain (camped and killed osu ~15 times a day for 3 weeks before he dropped the ashen stone, go figure...) but then again, id also call stuff like ab/wsg exalted or even 100 bg wins a terrible grind, no?
    in short, find someone kind enough to phase you to a low pop realm, or face the fact you picked out a high pop realm to play on...

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    5 mans are a better catch up mechanism, the 496 doesnt actually help your character at all other than boosting your ilvl. Thats one of the main reasons LFR is unplayable, timeless isle gear.
    did you actually do the 5 mans at the end of wrath and cata, they didnt help you play your class any more then getting gear on the isle does

I agree with many things in the OP. Personally, I think the 496-gear is a neat idea. I currently have 5 chars at 90, and for each alt I get to 90, I have a nice little set of starter gear that gives me a decent start at 90. The timeless-gear is exactly that for me, it's decent "I just hit 90"-gear, but should be replaced as fast as possible with 502 or 528 LFR-gear. I can see the arguments for "it caters to the lazy people", but to be honest, I've done HoF/ToES/MSV on three of my characters, and apart from doing normal/heroic mode on my main for achievements, I really don't feel like setting foot in there on my alts. ToT and SoO on the other hand are fresh and exciting, and that's what makes me pumped.

The timeless coins is arguably one of the most useless things they have ever added to the game. Sure, there's one mount and one pet, but neither are that interesting, and they also require that massive grind which is another pain in the ass. Nobody in their right mind (not even achievement-hunters) would suffer through that long rep-grind for a mount that is just a fairly ugly recolor of a common mount. If the mount had been unique and awesome, maybe.

As for the rare mobs, I think the idea is interesting, and a rare like Huolon clearly works. However, so many of them just feels useless, and the feeling of something being "rare" isn't there anymore. I go to the isle only to do Ordos, Celestials and the weekly on my main for Valor points, so I'm fairly casual about it, and it still really annoys me. Isle of Thunder was really nice imo, this isle doesn't come close. But man, I miss Isle of Quel'danas. That place was the shit.