Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ever? Ever!? I mean, Hey You Pickachu is still out there. Link's crossbow training still also exists.

The point is that, WORST EVER is subjective.

I agree with the OP although "worst idea ever" is obviously overstated. One thing that's not talked about enough is how Timeless Isle is connected to the death of LFR more than any other factor. A shitty alt with shitty 496 timeless isle gear is in no way shape or form ready for SoO LFR. They go in and do 40k dps or 20k hps and basically just taking up a spot but then 50-75% of slots are taken up by them. So why in the hell would someone with actual gear want to go in and carry knowing they would literally have to do well over 3 or 4x the damage or healing of someone with timeless gear. The problem was not nearly this bad in ToT because the gear required to get in there was fairly well itemized and not just trash with a 496 tag attached to it.

I have a feeling we will see Timeless Isle design being a part of WoD. If so, I hope they execute it better.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    I agree with the OP although "worst idea ever" is obviously overstated. One thing that's not talked about enough is how Timeless Isle is connected to the death of LFR more than any other factor. A shitty alt with shitty 496 timeless isle gear is in no way shape or form ready for SoO LFR. They go in and do 40k dps or 20k hps and basically just taking up a spot but then 50-75% of slots are taken up by them. So why in the hell would someone with actual gear want to go in and carry knowing they would literally have to do well over 3 or 4x the damage or healing of someone with timeless gear. The problem was not nearly this bad in ToT because the gear required to get in there was fairly well itemized and not just trash with a 496 tag attached to it.
    If my alt was full 496, i would probably do more than 20k hps or 40k dps.
    The reasoning people do that is either
    Bad
    or
    Dont care
    both associated with LFR

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    On the PTR groups cleared it just fine with 496 gear. The difference? Generally beta testers actually care about the game, and know how to play. That is the issue. I can go on a hunter in full Timeless gear and out dps others by a long shot, and probably some with higher ilvls than me, just because I actaully know how to play my alts

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Timeless Isle is a pretty cool place, but I suppose the fact that I haven't gotten Honored with Shaohao let alone grinded enough rep to get the mount, or a single Bloody coin, kind of indicates that in practice I agree with the OP.

Nothing in the years that I've played on PvP realms, the dozen plus characters I've leveled, has made me wish I played on a carebear realm as much as the Ordos faction. I get why it exists, because so many realms are so, so, so imbalanced now. But my realm isn't, and it just encourages maximum douchebaggery ( /1 "Huolon up, help me kill him" "jklol me and my friends just need more people to murder"), and has no depth or story or objective besides kill or be killed.

No, Nintendo's Virtual Boy was the worst idea in gaming ever. Full stop.

If Guild Wars 2's model demonstrated anything, it's that the greatest enemy of fun in a game is the players themselves, who care about nothing except finding a way to break, minimize, or undermine any system to get the shiny as quickly as possible and then complain that they're bored. I'm really not sure why Blizzard decided to take baby steps towards emulating it with Timeless Isle.

100% agree with the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Fayth View Post
    I have a feeling we will see Timeless Isle design being a part of WoD. If so, I hope they execute it better.
    You don't have to feel they already confirmed that. It will have some things about timeless isle along with the normal questing. Dynamic events, possibly some chests. Which wow used to have in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    You mean you actually got loot from the Celestials? On three different toons I have yet to receive a item. People wonder why I have issues with the personal loot system.
    90 of every class. not a one of them has ever gotten a PVE item from celestials. only gold or pvp, and across my entire acct since i first subbed, i probably have less than 3k hk's... pvp is even worse to me than getting gold or nothing at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats worse it that they force you to do it everyday for the rest of your life, oh i forgot, they dont force you to do anything in wow you dont want to
    but you still feel the need to complain, try switching to blacksmith or enchanter, crybaby is a poor profession for making gold in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    i don't like the timeless isle at all either. i prefer dailies so much more. i stopped going to the isle altogether very early on because its just not for me.
    Well I love the Timeless Isle. I have fourteen 90s and each one gets to be geared so I can play them immediately at 90.

Don't like the Isle? Don't go there. Simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FBWA View Post
    Biggest turd ever Laid? I take it you never have played friday the 13th on NES?
    E.T. the video game (Atari 2600) wants to dispute that claim, from within the desert landfill where tons of copies of it are buried.

On-topic: The achievements like "Bigger Bag" are just a time-sink. For me, I lived with it long enough to earn exhalted/buy the damned dragon from Shaohao, and then told him to kiss my Blood Elf ass.

#FlightIsImportant

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say worst, but it is really bad. Dailies are worse IMO. Well, let me rephrase that, Dailies as a substitiute for actual content is worse. MoP as a whole was in my opinion just plain terrible. I feel like the only good thing to have come out of this expansion was the Monk class. The daily wall when you hit 90 was the worst intentional design that I have personally ever experienced in a game. Timeless Isle is up there though.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going to go ahead and disagree on pretty much every point. I enjoy the isle, and I still run my characters through old raids to fill out item slots and what not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Ye I don't like it either. It's useful for the 200 valor weekly quest. Celestial tournament was a good idea but i've now got all 4 pets and you need 3 tokens (3 weeks worth) to buy 1 flawless pet battle stone which is just ridiculous.... So there's barely any reason to do Celestial tournament anymore.

After a week when you've seen all the little events there's really nothing to do other than trying to find rares (either by camping or the pure luck of being within 100 yards of where they spawn for the 30 seconds they are up)...

Even when you find a rare mob, the pets they drop only have about a 2-3% drop chance to be there and when the rares have an hour long respawn timer that's a lot of camping...(I checked wowhead for drop chance of the pets from Bufo, Garnia and Jadefire spirit)

I assume it's similair for all the other bigger bag achievement items which makes it basically impossible to complete unless you are prepared to spend about 500 hours on that stupid island camping.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Has 'lack of plot and structure' not been repeated enough?
    It's not really supposed to. T.I had a plot as the mysterious island that noone knew about. It has plenty of structure for what it is. Remember it was mainly for the Devs to get practice making that style of content and mainly as a catch up mechanic. Again there's no reason they can't merge TI style with your standard daily isle style.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2013-12-02 at 06:55 AM.

Deleted
    I think timeless isle is brilliant, I have done too many dailies, nearly 5000.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poll on frontpage would indicate that 50% actually like the Timeless Isle as their preferred daily PVE content area, all other patches get way lower votes. Of course this can be skewed somewhat towards Timeless Isle due to the fact you can get easy epic gear for alts, but still....

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Poll on frontpage would indicate that 50% actually like the Timeless Isle as their preferred daily PVE content area, all other patches get way lower votes. Of course this can be skewed somewhat towards Timeless Isle due to the fact you can get easy epic gear for alts, but still....
    Look at this way, 50% other ppl didnt like it. As many has stated, collecting 50 epoc stones r probably most attracting event, as it rewards with 200 VP and one daily worth 50 VP. Thats all.