Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Poll on frontpage would indicate that 50% actually like the Timeless Isle as their preferred daily PVE content area, all other patches get way lower votes. Of course this can be skewed somewhat towards Timeless Isle due to the fact you can get easy epic gear for alts, but still....
    They've always implemented some form of "catch-up" regarding epic gear whether it be a hub like Timeless Isle or Icecrown Citadel instances at the end of WotLK. I'd be interested in seeing which style of attaining that "catch-up" gear most players prefer.

Deleted
    It was ok for about an hour. As a model for future questing and grouping, it scares me a bit, it would be ok in small doses but nothing more.

Also I think design wise, whisking us away to an island is lazy. Yes Lazy. Why? It's a new territory. They do the same with the expansions and then make the landmass mean very little or nothing. For example, when you hit 80, you go to Dalaran and stand around for 2 years. Forget the beautiful land they made where you did all the adventuring, it's moot. Really sad. And they did this with these 2 islands. No 3, you have to also count the island with the dinos.

Deleted
    It's not perfect but I enjoy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    The biggest turd ever laid
    I speak of course about "Going to Need a Bigger Bag". This is an abomination to mankind. What kind of sadistic, sick people came up with this one. This achievement require you to collect a trillion rare items which mainly drop from the rares, which I already mentioned, are almost always dead. The drop rate varies from below 1% to 4% or so for most items. I have only seen a few people in the world who has done this and these people are top 50 worldwide achievement collectors as well. I am not saying it should be easy, but this goes to far. Never has I seen in Any game I ever played an achievement this stupid. It forces those who care for achievements to spend hundreds and hundreds of hours on this island doing the very same thing, running between rares and hoping for that item. An insane grind based on RNG... How could they have come up with this? I can't find more words of hate for this achievement but anyone who is going for it will see that it's a living hell.
    I don't agree with everything you said but this is very true.
    Worst imho is that this achievement ISN'T ACCOUNT WIDE !
    I was lucky enough for the huolon mount to drop on one of my alts (hourra), but it's with my main that i spend most of the time on the island, my main got maybe 30% items of this achievement (most of them are the most common of course), but now i have to grind Huolon again to get the mount for the achiv, even if i already have the mount !
    Of course this isle is made for alts: you will go there multiple time to gear everyone, get the chests multiple time etc. So why not make this achiv account wide ? Stupid design.

You know the achievement isn't mandatory correct?

OP has a wrong opinion.

Best thing they added this expansion. Maybe even the last 2 expansions.

15+ Year Old Account
    You make some good points. Despite that many players seem to enjoy the isle (even I do but it's declining). I think it was a good way to catch up alts. I do not play it on pvp server though so I cannot talk about that experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing which style of attaining that "catch-up" gear most players prefer.
    My idea of an catch-up:

- increase chance of loot in LFR every raid patch (so for 5.0 raids -> 5.0 10% chance -> 5.2 50% chance -> 5.4 90% chance)
    - increase chance of bonus loot every raid patch (so for 5.0 raids -> 5.0 10% chance -> 5.2 40% chance -> 5.4 70% chance)
    - increase number of loot items in nhc/hc mode every raid patch (so for 5.0 raids -> 5.0 2/6 items -> 5.2 3/9 items -> 5.4 4/12 items)
    - change upgrade system I (item level threshold increases so you can upgrade old items with justice points instead of valor points -> 5.0 use justice up to 458 items -> 5.2 use justice up to 496 items -> 5.4 use justice up to 522 items)
    - change upgrade system II (items upgradable with justice should be upgradable two times resulting in 16 more item level)
    - daily box from heroic scenario or challenge mode should be on par with current lfr item level
    - give rares a change to drop a random lfr tier token of current lfr (~1%, personal loot)
    - give dungeon end bosses a change to drop a random lfr item of current lfr (~1%, personal loot)

I went to the island for the cloak after I got that sorted I never went back again.

Quote Originally Posted by FBWA View Post
    Biggest turd ever Laid? I take it you never have played friday the 13th on NES?

E.T. for the Atari 2600 would like to take the cake on that one. I mean they made 5 million copies, sold 1.5 million, and had the rest thrown into a landfill somewhere. Timeless Isle is nowhere near that bad. It's just like grinding dailies nearly endlessly, it gets boring after a while.

I disliked the island at first, but I've since warmed up to the idea.

Here's some changes I'd make to the Island to make it a little better:

1. Make some chests respawn on a daily basis instead of the same old 5 chests respawning weekly. And I mean, make like 10 random ones respawn, not two

2. Add optional dailies that only award Timless Coins for people who dislike grinding mobs. Don't make them award Valor or reputation, that makes people feel like they have to do them.

3. Add single-person scenarios like the chest-opening one. It was awesome. Other games have all sorts of jumping puzzles, regular puzzles etc. all great candidates for scenarios

4. Add more hints at the events or perhaps NPCs that talk about them. A lot of people who don't keep up with MMO champion or WoWhead don't even know they exist

Some things that are already good:

1. the rare system, love it

2. the elite mobs that incentivize grouping

3. the events, very fun!

4. the fun mechanics like the Scary Sprite summoning crystal

I came back to wow after leaving before DS, had no idea what to do after I hit 90 as lfr was way out of my ilevel. And then I friend (who is a raider and has tons of gear) just told me to meet him at the timeless isle and he'd help gear me so I'd be ready for lfr.

And it happened.

And it was pretty fucking cool.

I guess the point is Blizz has a lot of different reasons for the Timeless Isle, so casuals or newcomers or returning players (such as myself) can catch up and experience everything, but then they have to add achievements and desirable items for the hardcore player to also enjoy timeless isle. Design-wise, I can't disagree with Blizzard, it was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle was one of the best things added to the game imo.

I hope that all 100lvl zones in WoD will be based on TI - couple of weeklies and rest about exploration. More stuff like the jumping "puzzles", Highwind Albatross, Dread Ship Vazuvious... And don't forget the consumables!

One thing I agree on with OP - that place is terribly overspawned. It's fine when you play on "Locked" server which bursts with players, but if you play on medium or lower, you get constantly dismounted. That place should have had some paths just like most of the zones have.

Deleted
    Personally I love it, if you don't like it don't go there

Why people care what other players do with their game time is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Timeless Isle.... just my 2 cents

Deleted
    It needs work, but its a vast improvement on world of dailycraft.

Need rares to have more health or scale so people can get there, needs to be bigger and with multiple events at any one time scattered around the area, needs a better alert system, or more predictable events, as well as random rares.

But its preferable to dailies...

Some will like it, some will hate it. I wish people would stop acting like their opinion is fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    I find timeless isle to be one of the best things Blizz put into the game, oh well. to each his own.
    Exactly this. No one is forced to do it, there's rares where you can save up coins to for example gamble for a pet or an upgrade for your timeless items. The items aren't that good even though they're 496(535 upgraded). They´re kinda equal to SoO LFR(I would even replace a upgraded timeless item for a SoO LFR because it's giving me the right stats+sockets etc.

Many people including my self don't have the time to run LFR with multiple chars a week going through many LFR to get gear to move on to the next raid tier.

Also you get a mount(huolon) and multiple battle pet drop around the isle which I love.

Only thing I dislike about Timeless Isle is the item which makes your own faction turn on you. That is what is the biggest failure ever, no one should be able to turn on their own faction, not in WoW, not in ANY MMO game.

And also it gives me a place where I can run around on my ground mount not feeling forced to use my flying mount.
    Last edited by Maggibesti; 2013-12-02 at 12:31 PM.

You haven't played many games I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne