Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post
    Some will like it, some will hate it. I wish people would stop acting like their opinion is fact.
    Exactly, opinions aren't facts. And seeing how the poll went in another post most people preferred Timeless isle then any other content MoP brought(which is basically the same since TBC). No one likes to do daily quests for 5 faction each day, I was spending just over 2+ hours a day for 3 weeks back at MoP release and I was like 1-2 weeks away from exalted everywhere except Golden Lotus. Just to be able to purchase the items with points.

Deleted
    Good idea, but too small a scale to work imo, not enough to do and not difficult enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went there to get the 3 mounts and 20 battle pets. Tanking SoO in full timeless isle gear and a blue weapon was a pretty fun experience lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    whats worse it that they force you to do it everyday for the rest of your life, oh i forgot, they dont force you to do anything in wow you dont want to
    but you still feel the need to complain, try switching to blacksmith or enchanter, crybaby is a poor profession for making gold in wow
    The thing is, that if the content that's put out there for you to do doesn't engage you, so you choose not to do it; you find the game somewhat lacking and you log off. I don't think that's healthy for the game if large numbers of people are choosing not to participate in that content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Poll on frontpage would indicate that 50% actually like the Timeless Isle as their preferred daily PVE content area, all other patches get way lower votes. Of course this can be skewed somewhat towards Timeless Isle due to the fact you can get easy epic gear for alts, but still....
    And the fact that the 'dailies and progressive story' is split amongst several different options. For example I voted 5.1, but the deciding factor between that and 5.2 was the solo scenario gating that kept my Holy Paladin from participating. :\
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-12-02 at 01:43 PM.

Battlebeard you are so damn right.....the timeless isle is the worst bullshit i have ever seen in a game.

Ok, dailies like MoP 5.0.....a hell too, but dailies like the Argent Tournament, the best thing ever. I have done them the 10th or 11th time with an alt only two weeks ago. Blizz should remind themselves on them. They were the best way. Same goes for Thundering Isle and Molten Front. I liked them too. They weren't as great as the Tournament, but they were very good.

And there is another BIG BIG downside on this Timeless Horror. When something like Dailies comes out with a new patch, well you have a calculated amount of time/afford you have to do per Day. You can plan ahead. When you get up in the morning you exactly know: Today i have to spent about an hour of time for everything and after that i'm free. With Timeless Horror you can't. There are bullshit amounts of things you can do to improve or you can achieve. And if you don't want to fall behind the others you HAVE to do that. This sums up to 2-3 Weeks of hours over hours of stupid grinding and a lot of nights without sleep. I for myself was nearly burnt out after Timeless Horror and was an inch away from quitting WoW due to enormous exhaustion. I decided for myself: FUCK YOU Timeless Horror.....i stopped doing this. Completely. At first I tried only to do the weekly for my Valor Cap. I stopped that too. I can't stand to see another turtle. I dreamed of Turtles....rotating Turtles.......NEVER EVER AGAIN. I rather go 4 days a week on HC Scenario and HC Dungeon than to set one foot on this fucked up Isle.

If WoD will be like Timeless Horror as a whole.....bye bye WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hi!

I just had it now with this island and wanted to see if anyone out there would agree that this is the by far worst idea Blizzard ever had. Some people like this island but personally I truly hate it. I want a stronger word then hate, because I hated Isle of Thunder too, !
    You hate Isle of thunder, you hate timeless isle

this game is not for you, no need to make a topic about how you hate the game

Yep have to agree with the OP Timeless Island is putrid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play Ride to Hell: Retribution. Then, come back and lecture us on "worst idea in any game, ever".

Because you can't back that post title up.

Too many "I prefer to work for my gear" comments in this thread. The stuff from Timeless Isle is 496. Equal to what people were wearing a year ago when Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Springs were relevant... If you're content with using that then you do not seem to grasp the concept of MMOs; that is an endless grind to get the best stuff before the new best stuff is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    It kept most of the people I know busy for like maybe 2 days before it got boring.
    ^This was my problem w/ Timeless Isle, I was bored w/ it w/in the fist day or two. The overall idea of it sounded great but there just wasn't enough substance to keep my attention. I like the whole exploration idea and wish Blizz would go into it much more (kinda like GW2). Overall the isle was MoP's Ruby Sanctum... just bullshit content to give ppl something to do and catch up alts until WoD!, only problem is it got boring literally on day 2.

The one thing they should've done is have the Moss Covered chest, w/ reduced rewards ofcourse after first interaction, regenerate weekly at random locations. Give ppl sort of a weekly easter egg hunt rather than a one time hunt.
    As far as the 496 ilvl tokens, I did use them to fill in missing pieces on alts but I think they were just entirely a bad idea. If ppl can't earn that ilvl gear through the somewhat raiding and cooperative play in lfr than they have no right to it because it does just hurt the players and added more "class ignorant" players into the LFR pool and it already has more than enough.

Overall I think Timeless Isle was a good idea just really piss poor implementation. They could've done much better w/ it and made it so much more interesting and longer lasting PVE content or atleast I think they could've.

i disagree that its the worst idea created in any game ever. having played everquest and star wars galaxies, the timeless isle is really not even in their league.

however, it does suck, i go there as little as possible, and i really really really hope the 'timeless isle model' is only a small portion of the next expansion.

its dumb.,..................

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FBWA View Post
    Biggest turd ever Laid? I take it you never have played friday the 13th on NES?
    That game was sweet!

For a week it was fun, but now I think it is killing the game. I only go on Tuesdays now, in hopes of a better drop from Celestials.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only good thing about timeless isle is how decent epic gear is being handed out to everyone who want to participate. Aside from that i completely agree with you - Timeless is the worst and i'd take thundering isle dailies any day over constantly running past dead rares and mobs with onehit you're dead abilities...

10+ Year Old Account
    As a first pass at something that looks like sandbox content it was more miss than hit for me. Tastes vary.

Worst idea ever? Not even close.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Timeless island is an invention without true content but various of grinding work. It's a perfect combination of laziness designing and cutting budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    And the poll on the frontpage would agree with the people who defend TI. Mind: This on a forum where people are rather critical about anything new Blizzard tries.

Results to that poll are very similar to what they were when TI was released, with ToT a second in favor of the voters.
    The votes are actually pretty evenly split, they compare one example of TI style with 3 of dailies so the daily option is somewhat diluted.

I went there and stopped going after the second day.
    I do thunder isle instead to fill my waiting time in queue.

Deleted
    Why do you care what other people are doing in the game, seriously. Just leave them alone to play how they want to play.