Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    At the start of MOP I did a complete overhaul of my UI with the intention of clearing clutter and make me less prone to stand on shit and fail at mechanics. The end result was improving a lot my keybinds and moving my action bar away from the middle (i have it on the right bottom side) and only having a few key CDs aura closer to my central area. It has helped me tremendously.

Also, as a group, if we find our selves tunneling too much our RL sometimes will call a "learning exercise" where we don't dps boss and just do the mechanics. It also helps a lot to get a better sense of everything thats happening without having people worried about their damn dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep your UI simple, helps so much with awareness.

Personally I play with a very close to standard UI and very rarely do I stare at DBM/BigWigs timers (unless it's something you need to know in advance). And, not to sound like a jackass, but I consider myself better than most.

As an example, this is not what you want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Te22jk-GCA

OP, your monitor is too large. Either play in windowed mode or buy a 17-19in monitor so you can see everything at the same time. Nothing should be seen "out of the corner of your eye"

work on clicking issue after you can see your whole screen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    Keep your UI simple, helps so much with awareness.

Personally I play with a very close to standard UI and very rarely do I stare at DBM/BigWigs timers (unless it's something you need to know in advance). And, not to sound like a jackass, but I consider myself better than most.

As an example, this is not what you want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Te22jk-GCA
    Heh, I've raided with that guy.

A couple of reasons I can think of as to why this would happen, go through them and see which applies to you:

1. You're not comfortable with mechanics - if you're not confident on the particular fight you're doing, you'll constantly be playing on edge and also paying a lot of attention to very specific mechanics (set to blow etc.) whilst not paying much attention to the rest. You need to understand exactly how each fight works and feel confident with it. You should be able to jump around the room in circles DPSing because you know what and when the mechanics happen and how to avoid them.

2. You're not comfortable with your class - If you're not confident with your class, you will find yourself constantly watching your cooldowns/rotation to try and max your damage, but at the same time your detracting attention from the fight. When you play a class long enough, you start to be able to pull off your rotation with less and less concentration, to the point that the only thing you need to track is procs. You should try and keep your action bars out of the way of your character and only things you need to be able to see should be clearly visible (procs, cooldowns, etc.).

3. Your display might not be working - What I mean by this is, if your screen is filled with rubbish, you have too many addons, and your camera is zoomed in, you won't be able to see anything. Enter the camera zoom out command (google camera zoom out - I can't remember it off the top of my head) and zoom out to max. Try to lower your UI scale so your bars don't fill so much of your screen, disable non-essential addons and any essential addons try to keep them small and out of the way.

Build some confidence! - It's better to be a big fish in a small sea than a small fish in a big sea. Run old raids, pwn the living hell out of things in a group and have the group in awe of how awesome you are, soon you'll start to be confident with yourself and generally play better in current content.

Oh and of course

Don't Click Or Keyboard Turn

Get used to strafing and keybinds, it'll be hard at first but it pays off tenfold.