Resto druid - dream of cenarius on Spoils Heroic?

We are progressing on Spoils Heroic and I was wondering what people think about Dream of Cenarius talent for that fight.

Anyone tried it out for this fight? Is the healing from it enough to replace HotW/NV for it? (I usually almost always use HoTW)

Please share your ideas and experience how you do this fight as Resto druid. Especially when the big adds does their aoe. How do you handle this best being as mana-effective as possible?

I'll have rejuvenations up on all players, basic AOE-rotation as Genesis, SotF WG's and/or pop stacked Mushroom:Bloom few times.

Maybe Force of Nature is best for this fight? I haven't tried them out. I always use SotF. Thanks!

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

Deleted
    I play Boomkin main and resto OS and last week I got to heal Spoils Heroic. Since we had some new recruits with low gear with us that week we were lacking the damage to beat the clock. I tried DoC to get some DPS going and it worked surprisingly well. Of course you have to heal normally or even use some CDs (if your gear is lacking) during "Boss" phases (the big guys with lots of AoE damage) but other than that DoC heals with the occasional HoT are enough to keep the group alive and still put out a good 70k+ DPS.

I agree with Babuka - it'll be good to dps the medium and small boxes, but you definitely want to focus on actually healing for the large boxes. On any other fight, I take SotF, but on this fight I find that tree form is god tier. You can put LBx3 on everyone in 10 man, and with all the free regrowths, you're able to move easier to drop your bombs on the mantid side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

In my opinion, NV beats DoC in terms of throughput, while still allowing you to put out some decent amount of damage. It's a much shorter cd compared to HotW, which means you can use it multiple times (and more freely). You wouldn't even run DoC since you can easily swap people around between the 2 zones if you see 1 side is lacking dps where the other is actually comfortably making the time.

In terms of INC vs SotF, I'd go INC to help deal with healing the big adds. That's when most of the damage in the whole fight happens, with the rest being easily healed with normal healing (where your SotF could be wasted).

TL;DR: NV > rest for all fights imo. INC vs SotF depends on the fight. INC for Spoils.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyia View Post
    In my opinion, NV beats DoC in terms of throughput, while still allowing you to put out some decent amount of damage. It's a much shorter cd compared to HotW, which means you can use it multiple times (and more freely). You wouldn't even run DoC since you can easily swap people around between the 2 zones if you see 1 side is lacking dps where the other is actually comfortably making the time.

In terms of INC vs SotF, I'd go INC to help deal with healing the big adds. That's when most of the damage in the whole fight happens, with the rest being easily healed with normal healing (where your SotF could be wasted).

TL;DR: NV > rest for all fights imo. INC vs SotF depends on the fight. INC for Spoils.
    I agree with NV being very strong on this fight, but if, as a healer, you're assigned to sparks nearly full time but you end up not having a mistweaver panda, it's nice to still be able to kill the sparks quickly. I obviously tell my hunter to switch to them during the large add if he can or I'm getting overwhelmed, but DoC has a few niche places during the fight. In all, there isn't a huge difference between them and I usually take NV over DoC for heroic, though I am tempted to roll DoC in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    I agree with NV being very strong on this fight, but if, as a healer, you're assigned to sparks nearly full time but you end up not having a mistweaver panda, it's nice to still be able to kill the sparks quickly. I obviously tell my hunter to switch to them during the large add if he can or I'm getting overwhelmed, but DoC has a few niche places during the fight. In all, there isn't a huge difference between them and I usually take NV over DoC for heroic, though I am tempted to roll DoC in the future.
    I do see your point but I can't see why healers would be assigned to sparks unless they actually get the healing spear. Then they should be positioning themselves to catch as many sparks/adds as possible with their waves. If no healing spear, then the (ranged) dps needs to kill the sparks anyway. DoC would hardly make ground-breaking difference. (note that the OP hasn't mentioned any dps problems). If, however, dps is an issue and healing is not, DoC could fill that niche nicely, I agree.

Also of note is that, I'm primarily talking for a 25m hc perspective. I get the feeling you might talking 10m hc Jordaen? OP hasn't specified 10/25m.

I tried around with all spells on this fight, both during progress and otherwise, HotW did most in terms of dps, didn't feel too much difference with nature's vigil and hotw when it comes to dps, and dream of cenarius while making a few of the big adds easier to heal, it was slower in terms of dps. It is one of the few bosses where I might consider it viable, but it is by no means superior.
    Nature's vigil is great as it adds extra healing during the big adds, the dps is quite underwhelming, but overall a good choice if you dont suffer on dps.
    So Nature's vigil is the safe choice low risk, low reward.
    dream of cenarius is medium risk, medium reward.
    hotw high risk, high reward.

Thank you so much for your input guys. Fortunately, I did down Spoils HC yesterday and I was using DoC. On the kill I didn't even have any Mistweaver-buff on any of the rooms.
    I was assigned to kill Sparks nomatter if I had the buff or not, and DoC really helped alot, so does the 2nd haste cap for Wrath-spamming. Not sure it's worth it to use DoC with mastery-build when it's so healingintensive. It's very hectic and tough to dps sparks at the same time if you don't have the Mistweaver-buff, especially when any big add is up. But whenever there were more than one Spark up at the same time I called for help.
    I used SotF. I do think ToL is better on this fight. I think NV is better instead of HotW as well, but still I used HotW. Popped it to burn down the big add in second room that does this high AOE-dmg. The tank accidently opened two small + one medium + big box at the same time (I think that was it), so that was... a bit sick. No idea how we survived, but we did.

This is 10man btw, I forgot to say that. Thanks again. Got few nice Thok HC tries afterwards so it's going down next reset!

gratz
    I'm curious, have any logs?

because I'm not that far yet and want to figure out how strong it'd be in comparion to just using wrath without the talent for damage w/ NV for healing and damage as well

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    gratz
    I'm curious, have any logs?

because I'm not that far yet and want to figure out how strong it'd be in comparion to just using wrath without the talent for damage w/ NV for healing and damage as well
    Thank you! Yeah, here: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7x...?s=2976&e=3481

As you can see, my healingbuddy had the buff, so it's a huge difference. But according to my mates, the other group was 40 seconds ahead when they were done with the second room, and my group was 20 seconds ahead.
    With the mistweaver-buff, it's so much easier, and the DPS don't need to help much more than when you have several Sparks that are too spread.

Now when I look at the kill in the logs I can see that the healing from DoC was weak, but the +20% Wrath damage makes up for it for dps'ing the Sparks easier. I didn't DPS enough on the kill though. And it also seems that I didn't bloom the mushrooms even once. That's bad. I didn't play good at all, but good enough to make the kill. Wasn't focused enough though.
    Last edited by skmzarn; 2013-12-02 at 01:27 PM.

I prefer HotW for this fight because it can be used twice. I use it once at the beginning of the fight to get the pandas down ASAP (and the healing buff carries over into the large mantid, I would just keep moonfire ticking on 2-3 targets but no wrath once he was active), and then again prior to the statue in the mogu room where I can just moonfire all of the things as the healing req in that room is low (quilen, sparks of life, unstable sparks--generally a ton of targets).

Deleted
    Congrats on the kill! The 3.3 mil damage from the log doesn't seem worth it though. I did 17.5 mil dmg on our first kill from moonfire/wrath/NV alone, on top of what the staff did.

I think both NV and HotW work here. The problem I see with DoC is that if you do get the healing buff, you're better off constantly repositioning so you hit everything, than you are spending time casting Wrath. It's great if you can hit every spark, but it's even better if you can hit the sparks AND every mob in the room at the same time. My experience was that I spent half my time moving around to make sure I got everything.

Oh and don't forget moonfire btw. Spoils HC is fairly light on healing half the time, and adding a little damage while moving around helps in the end.

Yeah, I've noticed that DoC is great enough if you don't have the buff. But it's RNG if you get the buff or not, and that's just stupid mechanics. Therefore I go with DoC and almost only use it when I don't have the buff. Better be safe.
    You're right about the positioning. It's really annoying to position all the time + wrathspam, so better just relax, position yourself when you have the buff, and just heal. Then let a DPS finish them off if you don't make it in time.

It's time to move on to Thok this reset, so will probably make a thread about that later as well.

Thanks for your time!