Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post
    This whole entire topic should be archived for scientific purposes as one of many proofs, that people bitch just to bitch and nobody will ever be totally happy with anything ever. Another alternative is they release a content patch in between every major content patch to progress the story. Which they should do anyways, even if it's not oh my god so fresh. People will understand some zones looking somewhat similar due to them being in the same continent or same area, not every content patch has to be a work of art. Nothing they do is perfect anyways.
    It's yet again another wave function. Yet people don't see they want something different, and then they want the opposite, and it keeps them playing. Same thing with pvp and class design.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    People need to remember that TI was a testbed, to see if Blizzard could pull off sandbox content.
    They'll monitor what peeps like and dislike and try to improve it in the next incarnation.
    This is why I've tried to make a discussion thread or two listing ways I think it could be improved on the WoW forums, but unfortunately the thread keeps disappearing below the deluge of less constructive threads x.x Hopefully someone from Blizzard sees it, anyway.

I like dailies that aren't required for basic gear.

I like dailies that give me mounts, profession plans, vanity etc.

A mix of 5.2 and 5.4 would be pretty good, and it seems they are going that way.

They have said there WILL be dailies in WoD, but not in the style of the Golden Lotus.

Timeless Isle does get boring fast, but I think that's because it has zero structure, it's great exploring it, finding new things and all that, but after the first time it doesn't really give a reason to come back apart from a grind, a core "support" structure of quests and dailies around dynamic events and rares etc, would be great, and is what we are getting.

Also don't forget that TI is a test, an openly admitted test, so its only going to be improved on.

10+ Year Old Account
    too bad knowing GC he will still effect the next two expansions the way blizzard plan ahead

Deleted
    I hope they don't do too much of that Timeless Isle stuff in the future. Didn't even do Shaohao, because I'm not gonna grind mobs. And got bored of the rest the Isle has to offer very quickly. Story it offered wasn't that much either. The 5.0 questhubs weren't bad, they just have to tune it down a bit. Krasarang and the Isle of Thunder were great too, with Krasarang having the best story, but mainly because it was a different one for Horde and Alliance. The scenarios from the Isle of Thunder were good, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thunder dailies and isle is much better than timeless shyte

all i do is literally log in for 1 minute, tag celestial than log to my next toon.

To get my 50 lame charms i just open the chests and hit a ship once

chasing rares that arent even rare and tagging them is not interesting
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Yeah same here.
    But iv just set myself doing older Rep Dailies for achievements and mounts, keeps me going

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    You do, there often were no Mogu available in the Vale during the first month.
    Really wasn't a problem on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    If you don't like competing with people why are you playing an MMO? That's what the game is all about working with or against other people, this is the reason I play WoW and not Skyrim.
    Who the hell are you to ask why I play a game, or tell me how I should play it?

The answer: No one.

As for the mobs being "inefficient" the grind is supposed to be a long one, this isn't the Golden Lotus; spoon fed and semi-required, it's an optional project (the only benefit is an achievement and a mount) that sounds like it isn't for you.
    Yeah, I actually finished the rep grind... doesn't mean it was enjoyable. I did it for the mount, not the "funzies involved;" I'm a mount collector.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Then don't be a pansy and go into the sanctum. Tons of mobs there, barely any competition because most folks are terrified of getting oneshot.
    I got honored up there in a matter of hours while having tons of giggles about epic screwups and mass pulls. (raidgeared guild group + flags)
    Who says I didn't go into the sanctuary?

But you know, killing mobs that take three times longer to kill, even with a competent group, that as a melee DPS you can't just sit back and peg away at, that only reward what... a little over twice the rep of the normal ones?

I finished the rep grind a long time ago; didn't mean I found it enjoyable, and it CERTAINLY doesn't mean I think it's something that should be done for EVERY rep grind.

Once an expansion at MOST, and I'd honestly prefer if they made it a touch more rewarding than giving you the ABILITY to buy a single mount.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-12-02 at 06:04 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I can't help but wonder if the people on the front page actually vote on the quality of the content or the quality of the catchup epic mechanic. I play on one of the PvE servers in the EU with the highest population and I can't help but wonder about the disparity between what the poll says and how many people still frequent the island. Even on a large population realm like mine the only time it sees decent trafic is on wednesdays (I hate the english word for that btw, why the f is there an unpronounced 'd' in the middle?) and very little after that. I also have a few characters on a low population realm (the medium tag it has in the server browser being a blatant lie), where it is down right deserted at thursday.

The only thing I can see about these is that actual story in these content patches is not relevant to most apparently and that people actually want non-relevant content. I get that not many liked the barrens crap, as it was just terrible poor content in general, but that the initial dailies are disregarded entirely because of the heavy overload they did in the beginning and even the daily bits and a bites of story of the 5.1 patch kinda hurts. I mean the 5.1 dailies lasted two weeks and the dailies themself were goblin themed shovel ware, but did people actually vote on the concept or just the implementation? Are things like shared rares taken into consideration by many and then attributed to grindy isle, despite being possible for all contents?

But then again the second place goes to thunderbox dailies which I personally can't see the appeal to, because the solo scenarios were nothing I personally enjoyed that much as they seemed kinda pointless and not meaningful in any way, though I guess that is the implementation and not the concept as well. Too bad people can't give their reason with these polls, that would be so much more interesting than just voting on a patch number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Don't grind it to exhaustion, then? Why people force themselves to do these things is beyond me...
    This. I don't like doing dailies EVERY DAY either, so I don't.

I'm just now getting exalted with the Shado-pan and August Celestials.

I hate dailies. I loved the Timeless Isle, but it would have been nice if there was some way to prolong its life. Was fun when everyone was there. Felt like a community again (for better or worse).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Don't grind it to exhaustion, then? Why people force themselves to do these things is beyond me...
    The acting of grinding itself is inherently exhausting.

The prospect of thinking of running and doing it is exhausting

The very NOTION is exhausting.

And like I said, I friggin' finished it, too.

It was exhausting. Dailies were not.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'd much prefer a system that gave you a choice - either dailies or weeklies (which equals out to the dailies in terms of rewards, but require more time to complete). For instance, on Timeless Isle, it would be nice to have a weekly option for Shaohao rep, instead of only having the daily one. It would allow more flexibility - there are areas/days that I don't mind dailies, but there is some content I'd much rather do one major quest a week to advance things instead, which would free me up to do other things more easily on a day when I have more time to play, versus the days I have to skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I finished the rep grind a long time ago; didn't mean I found it enjoyable, and it CERTAINLY doesn't mean I think it's something that should be done for EVERY rep grind.

Once an expansion at MOST, and I'd honestly prefer if they made it a touch more rewarding than giving you the ABILITY to buy a single mount.
    So if you didn't enjoy it, and you didn't think the reward was worth it, why did you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Loneli View Post
    So if you didn't enjoy it, and you didn't think the reward was worth it, why did you do it?
    Reading comprehension, dear sir. He never said the reward was not worth it, he said the concept of grinding it and then you only can buy it felt not very rewarding. Soab Hao is kind of a dick in that regard, he just floats there and sends you to decimate the evil on-flame youngol and then when you finally reach exalted with him he charges you 150k coins. You also get only a single mount, not even a few diffrent colors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    It's been 3 months...?

Holy shit!
    I know it doesn't seem that long, but I honestly do miss Dailies as well. But each player will have a different view. But the way they did Dailies at the beginning of MoP wasn't a good idea. They should of never gated the reps behind Golden Lotus, they should of just allowed you to do whatever reps you wanted & doing dailies gave you a token for that rep & thats what you use buy stuff from them not Valor. Worse decision ever on their part.

They could of had a seperate valor vendor with a lower iLevel for those who dislike dailies.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-12-02 at 06:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post
    Dailies suck.
    To put it bluntly, this. I hate seeing those blue explamation marks on my map, because it's something that will also be there tomorrow, even if I have completed it. I want to progress in the game, and dailies can never be completed. There should be a limit that you can only ever do it 5-10 times or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    To put it bluntly, this. I hate seeing those blue explamation marks on my map, because it's something that will also be there tomorrow, even if I have completed it. I want to progress in the game, and dailies can never be completed. There should be a limit that you can only ever do it 5-10 times or something.
    But the Timeless Isle will also still be here for the rest of the game, and at least you can do all the daily quests enough times to get all the rewards you want. Dungeons will always respawn, raids will still be there, mobs will appear...Why focus on dailies if most things are supposed to be stuff you can do over and over?

Timeless Isle you could quite realistically still have to go back every day for the next year to get certain items you might want, if they happen to drop from the worst-designed rares there.

I'd like to progress in the game too, so I liked dailies. Do the most recently-added dailies in about forty minutes, the rest of the day I can do anything else I want in the game. Timeless Isle, every second I'm on an alt, or off the Isle doing something else, is a chance to miss the item I want and extend the content.

There's a point where something goes from 'long-lasting and engaging content' to 'mindless grindfest', and the Timeless Isle falls squarely in the grindfest bracket, far more than dailies ever did. Least I could do dailies on autopilot without really paying attention. Timeless Isle you're practically required to keep looking at the screen to see the same boring place hoping the same boring mob will spawn every half-hour to two hours so you can do the same boring fight and hope that the one fun item you want finally drops- knowing that every time it doesn't you've wasted time and are no closer to getting it. The fact that there's no daily limit on those rares is extremely aggravating to certain types of people.

I'd rather kill a rare once a day, have a modified drop rate for that, and not be able to loot it for the rest of the day. At least then you can 'finish' for the day and do other, more fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Reading comprehension, dear sir. He never said the reward was not worth it, he said the concept of grinding it and then you only can buy it felt not very rewarding. Soab Hao is kind of a dick in that regard, he just floats there and sends you to decimate the evil on-flame youngol and then when you finally reach exalted with him he charges you 150k coins. You also get only a single mount, not even a few diffrent colors.
    Nobody's forcing you to do the grind. I looked at the mount, looked at the time investment, and decided I wasn't interested. I don't see why people are acting so entitled to an easy grind for a vanity reward. If it was for 566 gear, sure. But a mount?

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Dailies, honestly I really do. Timeless Isle is a nice alternative I guess but meh would much rather have more dailies.
    I might not love them as much as you but I do like dailes. I hope in the future Blizzard balances more, and not have it 100% "dynamic" content like timeless isle. GW2 tried the dynamic shit and it didn't work very well there needs to be some sort of structure/goals ( not for everyone but for most). I think both systems have they're place and should be used, also the weekly quests that have been apart of MoP since ( think 5.2) are great and should be re-used going forward.