Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Be a little bit social, group up with other players, you'll see how fast you'll earn rep. I hope I won't see any daily shit as we did in MoP. But, sure, if people wants dailies in WoD, give them, as long as I have option similar to timeless isle. Both options become boring after some time, but grouping with other player in TI case is less painfull.
    My experience grouping in My Little Panda Adventure Isle is that the party forms, everyone runs around the area with no organization whatsoever and pulls whatever they want. Players constantly die and res, but somehow everyone continues to get rep and loot. It's like running a heroic with a go-go-go tank except you're not forced to endure the entire run to collect any meaningful rewards. I guess that's fun for some people. I personally think it's boring and pointless. Mostly I ride around tagging rares while waiting in my LFR queue and collecting my loot when the zerg overwhelms them. It beats sitting in the city losing brain cells on trade chat, but just barely.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Timeless island is a joke iv been the mabye 10 times i got bonkers from the chest i replaced a few items with the 535 gear wich i replaced with flex gear the same day there is nothing to do there they say its a dynamic place its dull imo u ride around mindlessly looking to find a rare which im still one away from timeless champs because there is 1 guy that nvr seems to spawn and if it does iv nvr seen it or the grind to kill ppl for 2k coins very lame i hope blizzs excuse for thier sandbox island is not what WOD becomes or i will be one of them guys that unsubs agian for 4yrs till the nxt expac just like i did when they announced cata i honestly miss dailys for the gold and rep and sence of hey im done now let me go buy this cool mount or item i still carry my ginzu knives from the tillers and thats why i play wow to earn a reward for my work not some half ass idea like timeless

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    What the fuck are you still doing on timeless isle if you've been playing it for 3 months?
    Personally, I'm trying to get the last three battle pets from rares.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    I agree with this actually. But Timeless Isle and the rares somehow don't feel like work like dailies do.
    I guess it depends on where you set your goals. If your goal is something like "get all the battle pets" or "get the weather-altering toys" you're in for something that, in my opinion, far outstrips dailies in levels of boring monotony, and I say that with thousands of daily quests under my belt :/

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well he claimed to be a collector, which means the mount is probably worth it to him. He said he didn't enjoy it though and I wonder who seriously enjoyed grinding that reputation? In the end its occupational therapy that just feels neither fullfilling nor engaging.

There is apparently a hidden daily quest associated with every rare that dictates the loot is will drop. Ever noticed the decrease in coins after killing the first time this day? There is/was a discussion if this affects the drop chance of rare items as well.
    I don't believe there is; I killed four Imperial Pythons yesterday well before dailies reset and I finally got the Death Adder Hatchling on my fifth. I was under the impression it was a once-a-day chance, too, but someone told me it wasn't and now I have proof...at least for one of the rares x.x

Truth to be told, I actually miss the GL dailies. (Golden Pagoda etc.)
    o bby

curseforummoderatorscansuckadick

Yeah mean Blizz always has a worse idea up their sleeve? Yeah, I believe you... I hate how they seem to think they have to manage our fun for us. Just put the game there, scatter shit around and let us do our thing. Don't mess it up by injecting Walt Disney into it... It's fine without all the daylies, scripted shit and such.. meh, not awake yet. Not making sense.

Everyone who hates the island just hates being ganked by their own faction for coins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Why would anyone grind TI when the content is basically over?
    Why would anyone grind TI if he doesn't like it?
    because addiction.

people don't like to admit that they are addicted to the game. maybe it's not as bad as smoking, drinking or even harder drugs, but it is still some kind of addiction.

I now have all rares, I have no real alt that I currently play, and the only one I do play every now and then already has ~510 gear, so I don't really need the isle gear anymore.

only thing left is farming the rep there (I never really farmed it) to get the mount. And for that, I am thankful that it is NOT a daily grind aka molten front or 5.1 dailies. If I am bored for a couple of hours, I just can go there, grind mobs, and my rep will go up. When I am bored for a couple of hours for molten front and 5.1 reps, I can go there like 30 minutes, be done with the dailies (or molten front even less, since I am overpowered for that content), and then I am bored again. this is what I hate on dailies.

it's not the aspect of "I have to go there every day", I never did this since the sunwell isle, if I don't want to do it (and since I hate it, I pretty much never want to do it), I simply don't do it. it is the aspect of "when I want to farm rep, I can't, because I'm done in max 30 minutes, and then there is nothing else to do." When I want to grind mobs for 4 hours to gain rep, I want to do that. I want to have the opportunity to do it. Timeless Isle gives me the opportunity. And the even better thing is ... unless they are making timeless isle void once WoD hits, I can do it even easier with higher level. That is what I always liked at the simple "grind way to farm rep". I can farm it every time I want, and more importantly, for as long as I want. Daily quests also have the "any time I want" part, but not the "as long as I want" part. Which I why I don't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Everyone who hates the island just hates being ganked by their own faction for coins.
    Did you forget PvE servers existed or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've spent no more than two days on the isle. Why the hell have you been there for three months? It's supposed to be the catch up so people can hit SoO, isn't it? Outside of that, you can go the long way through the first two tiers.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

When I came back for my 7 day trial, I geared 6 chars running 4 through the isle. When I say run through, I mean spending an hour to loop through all the chests killing next to nothing. Only my 2 main did much with the rares(and that was just to kill time while queued for LFR), but you only get stuff from them like the first time you kill one that week or something. You get 90% of the rewards doing very little on the isle. Not sure what the appeal is to spend that much time there. Granted it is more interesting than fishing, archaeology, or pet battles but then again so is watching the grass grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    EDIT: Further thought:

I don't get how Timeless Isle aleviates "having" to log in daily, as it's daily quest offers by the far the most substantial award on there. Don't do that shitty quest and you lose 50 VP a day, people!!
    I valor cap in an hour running heroic scenarios. If dailies just gave valor I wouldn't care. The reason dailies felt "mandatory" in early MoP was because they gave rep, and reputations had valuable gear rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I reckon in WoD that they should do multiple hubs per patch. For example: the isle of thunder had a mix of story, lore, pvp and pve and encouraged group questing. I think that with some dailies spread around draenor with a place to grind like timeless isle.. a good balance Would be nice. Not too much of one thing, would definitely be good. As getting exalted with all reps pre 5.1 and I cbf with the shaohao I think itd be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I don't believe there is; I killed four Imperial Pythons yesterday well before dailies reset and I finally got the Death Adder Hatchling on my fifth. I was under the impression it was a once-a-day chance, too, but someone told me it wasn't and now I have proof...at least for one of the rares x.x
    According to some comments on wowhead it seems the loot is always obtainable, it was just up for debate wether it would be at a significant lower drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    "I HATE DAILIES THEY RUINED THE GAME BLAH BLAH BLAH"

"OMG NOW THAT THERES NO DAILIES I MISS THEM BLAH BLAH BLAH"

#WoWlogic
    Because these are the same people... #dumbpeoplelogic
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-12-02 at 09:01 AM.

I knew this would happen soon. The Timeless Isle content gets stale and it gets stale quickly. They should have done a mix of dailies and Timeless Isle content. There is no reason to have one or the other. It should be a good mix of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    According to some comments on wowhead it seems the loot is always obtainable, it was just up for debate wether it would be at a significant lower drop rate.
    Ahhh. That sounds like a decent idea...

I'd love if they could actually make that stuff obvious, though, or mention it in a blog post. If the drop rate is significantly lower after the first kill of the day, I'd still prefer to do one kill and then go do something fun. If it's a constant drop rate, I'd feel obligated to continue trying for it.

It doesn't seem to me that it would break the game too much to mention mechanics like that. I mean, they said it about the Key on Isle of Thunder- easy to get once a week, very rare to get a second one in a given week. There's precedent for it but I've not seen anything about this...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xixixviixiiii View Post
    I liked a bunch of dailies in Wrath and a few in Cataclysm & Mists but it was a bit much at 5.0 levels. Had they simply added a system like we have now (work orders, bonus dungeon reputation) from the start, it would have been okay.

Timeless Isle sucks. I've been grinding elites and random mobs on my 564 ilevel rogue to funnel gear to a fresh 90 DK and not only am I not finding any usable gear but I've been beyond bored the whole time. Running around in a mass of people, who spam rare timers all day and zerging down mobs in a few seconds, then waiting for 30+ seconds to loot half of what died is just dumb. It is almost as bad as the Barrens "content."

Edit: ^ Poster said the same thing I did while I was typing my response. =P
    So, why not gear up your DK the traditional way? How you play is your choice. Timeless Isle is a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    And that's something I never thought I would EVER say! I don't quiet know why, first few weeks I enjoyed Timeless BUT then I began grinding the various reputations in Pandaria and soon realized I actually preferred dailies. Sure they're tedious BUT they alternate daily, take no more than an hour, offer good income and don't require spamming general or Oqueue.
    The problem was the number and the fact that they gated valor gear and recipe behind those reps; that make them felt mandatory and tedius, also many peoples felt the need to do them with alts that was another point against dailies.
    If they put the valor point gear and the recipes to the normal vendor and left only vanity item to rep vendor no one would have complained; also removing the tabard system was a bad move they should have left it untouched and just put a boa tabard to exalted to make it a less painfull grind for alts.
    Timeless island felt like "ok guys we give up take your epics and shut up pls".
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got bored of timeless isle after about 2 weeks. Farming those 50 items for 200VP? Absolute waste of time, and very, very boring.

I don't mind dailies, I see no reason why they can't mix it up a bit

I'm not a huge fan of timeless island but it's still better than the dailies i think.
    I did like the progressive storyline we had with the dailies in 5.1 though. It made me almost do half of them.

Think blizzard should give both alternatives since there is people that likes the dailies, and i'm fine with them being there as long as i can avoid them entirely
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I almost forgot, the one thing I love about timeless isle is... lesser charms. with dailies being the only source of lesser charms I never really had them, because, well, I hated dailies.
    no I have still about 1300, just from doing stuff on the isle.

maybe the drop rate is a bit too high considering the amount I have, and I'm not exactly doing much on the isle.... but you get the point.

the mistake blizzard made was having dailies being the only source of getting stuff (rep, lesser charms, you name it). now with Timeless isle they made the other mistake with grinding being the only source for rep (although it is only for rep here).
    I think, blizzard is aware of those two issues, and they will make a proper balance for it. there still will be dailies, but I can imagine that there still will be grinding stuff, and both ways are getting you all the stuff, and you can choose.