Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They should have a quest hub like ToT, with TImeless style rares and events as well. THat would be fun.

I love the no daily's and the dynamic events and rare spawns its exactly what I wanted. Take things that are great in GW2 and add them in to wow, Now if they can only figure out down-scaling. What I wouldn't give for Kara to drop relevant gear so I can run it again.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    dynamic events
    There are set parameters for each and every event on the isle. That's the opposite of dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    and rare spawns
    Rare spawns on Timeless Isle aren't rare at all. Everyone knows how to spawn them or when they spawn. Rare spawns, except for Golgannar, pop dozens of times a day, every day. That's not rare. Then all they drop is low drop rate vanity garbage.

MoP started with too damn many dailies gated behind other dailies, and now it's ending with a meaningless grinding isle that only vanity item hunters care about. Like others have said, there needs to be a mix of both. On a scale larger than this small isle, events COULD be dynamic. On a larger scale, there could be free form grinding and exploration coupled with available dailies for people who like them.

I started a new Blood DK from scratch, did a couple of things on TI (like seriously an hour tops, not counting going back for Ordos now and then), and then nothing. After 2-3 weeks I had full LFR gear with a few pieces from Ordos as well.

So I have no idea why you're grinding your face off after 3 months. Bigger Bag achievement? That thing is basically the new Insane in the Membrane.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    they alternate daily
    TI alternates hourly or less?

take no more than an hour
    You spend as much or as little time on TI as you choose. I advocate personal responsibility.

offer good income and don't require spamming general or Oqueue.
    If you're not getting anything out of it why are you still doing it?

You need oQueue in TI? Dead server?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    They went like idiots from way too many dailies like it was at launch to this stupid model with no dailies and so called "events". So a rare being summoned instead of just spawning is now considered some great event it seems.

Not that I love dailies but I find the Isle of Thunder model far superior to this ... nonsense.

-I liked the Dominance Offensive/Lion's Landing quest chains (the actual dailies were a mixed bag though), especially the lore.

-I loved Isle of Thunder (rep unlocked too fast though), the gradually unlocking Isle with scenarios was cool, at least the first time.

-I love Timeless Isle, some mobs are frustrating, rare mob HP is way too low and Bigger Bag should be account wide but these are pretty minor complaints.

^ I'm looking forward to WoD because they will be taking the best elements of all of these things, by the sound of it.

P.S. After a whole fucking expansion of people bitching about dailies (which were only a problem for one patch no less), we're now starting to bitch about NOT having dailies? Seriously the WoW playerbase is unpleasable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Most things are fine so long as you don't have to do them, just in my opinion. If done at your own pace and with little rewards other than mounts, tabards, titles, and achievements, maybe some extra convenience (teleports for instance), I think we're fine. Even the Shaohao grind.

It's when this daily/weekly/"non-daily dailies" becomes mandatory for progression that it's really, really a drag and basically destroys any quality that it could otherwise have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    -I liked the Dominance Offensive/Lion's Landing quest chains (the actual dailies were a mixed bag though), especially the lore.

-I loved Isle of Thunder (rep unlocked too fast though), the gradually unlocking Isle with scenarios was cool, at least the first time.

-I love Timeless Isle, some mobs are frustrating, rare mob HP is way too low and Bigger Bag should be account wide but these are pretty minor complaints.

^ I'm looking forward to WoD because they will be taking the best elements of all of these things, by the sound of it.

P.S. After a whole fucking expansion of people bitching about dailies (which were only a problem for one patch no less), we're now starting to bitch about NOT having dailies? Seriously the WoW playerbase is unpleasable.
    I doubt the people whining about dailies are the same people complaining about them going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I doubt the people whining about dailies are the same people complaining about them going away.
    You'd be surprised.

But like I said I think people just have their heads wrapped around the wrong shit. Mandatory dailies or "non-daily dailies" are going to be miserable if you absolutely fucking HAVE to do them for character progression and they are gated on a daily system (whether it be "daily heroics" "daily quests" "daily LFR" even "daily garrison" or "daily hop skip jump game").

Similarly things that have proper rewards (catch-up gear for alts but not mains, mounts, pets, tabards, titles, achievements, gold) will seem fine. Especially if it's a variety of stuff including quests, rare mobs, grinding regular mobs, exploration, if you don't have to do everything then you'd be able to pick and choose what's fun for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Don't grind it to exhaustion, then? Why people force themselves to do these things is beyond me...
    I agree. I only farm for Coins so I atleast have 50 Lesser Charms each week, and for Alts.
    After 2 weeks I allrdy almost had full timeless gear on my alts. So I don't see the point in farming there anymore if it's not for Lesser Charms.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You'd be surprised.

But like I said I think people just have their heads wrapped around the wrong shit. Mandatory dailies or "non-daily dailies" are going to be miserable if you absolutely fucking HAVE to do them for character progression and they are gated on a daily system (whether it be "daily heroics" "daily quests" "daily LFR" even "daily garrison" or "daily hop skip jump game").

Similarly things that have proper rewards (catch-up gear for alts but not mains, mounts, pets, tabards, titles, achievements, gold) will seem fine. Especially if it's a variety of stuff including quests, rare mobs, grinding regular mobs, exploration, if you don't have to do everything then you'd be able to pick and choose what's fun for you.
    For the top 1% yes. I could see dailies as mandatory for progression. But for the other 99%? No. That would be like saying "Race changing to troll is mandatory for progression.". People say they're mandatory because they see a purple behind it. But my normal raiding guild had alot of ppl so anti daily at the beginning of MoP that they didn't touch them. And we did just fine. Clearing normals and several hard modes. It's the people that are competing that make these things "mandatory" to their members.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    For the top 1% yes.
    And for the non-raiders, who don't even have raid gear so the only way to actually progress their character would be dailies. Which in and of itself might be fine, but for raiders who do so pretty much all the gear needed should actually come from the raid. Or at least not be tied to dailies, so that they can be done on off-days (rather nothing at all).

Blizzard wants more people raiding, so why should pre-raid gear have such a superfuckingmassive grind tied to it anyway? I think dungeons should give all of the pre-raid gear.

I find the timeless isle to be infinitely better than the daily system. If you want to do dailies go do dailies, lord knows there is no shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Because that's not how Blizzard operates. For 9 years, they've over-corrected every single thing they've done. Too hard, too casual, too hard, too casual. Too buffed, too nerfed, too buffed, too nerfed. etc. I think it's actually impossible for them to get something right.
    Part of the problem too, is the community is so polarized on every little thing. And we all know how the vocal minorities can change the conversation about design decisions.

WoD expansion boss, Medivh! Calling it now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If you're not getting anything out of it why are you still doing it?

You need oQueue in TI? Dead server?
    My servers considered medium, at peak hours you're lucky to see 12 people there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    Perfectly agree, actually the TI is the major reason why I took a break this patch.
    If this abomination of a grind is the model of their future content, I think that this break will become permanent.
    I miss 5.1 dailies dearly.
    What grind for heaven's sake? DOing the dailies on the isle is a possibility, you can do those pretty fast. Everything else is just a bonus. Besides there's no gear to be had from it, so you don't even have to push as hard as with dailies before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not for me. I much prefer the Timeless Isle to dailies.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

I was sick of Timeless Isle the first day. As people said, mindless grinding with no structure. I only go there to kill Ordos.

Much prefer dailies. In fact I still fly around and do the dailies that weren't removed on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Because that's not how Blizzard operates. For 9 years, they've over-corrected every single thing they've done. Too hard, too casual, too hard, too casual. Too buffed, too nerfed, too buffed, too nerfed. etc. I think it's actually impossible for them to get something right.
    I'm starting to think that this is the case. And it really doesn't take a genius to figure out how to moderate amounts of content, so what the hell is going on at those development meetings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard taking on the idea that people complaining about to many dailies had them uproot the idea altogether in the final patch of mists. There attempt to 'try something new' *coughGW2cough* ending up as something even worse.

But thats not the problem. The problem is, thats ALL we got in 5.4 outside of the raid, so everyone who isn't raiding and wants something to do comes to the isle.. and blizzard somehow thinks this means we like it.

No blizzard, it doesn't, it means there nothing else to do between raiding times except this boring ass thing.

This is where I miss wrath and even cata, at least in 4.3, we had dungeons to work though on alts, which to mean felt more rewarding then 'go collect 1000 tokens'
    #boycottchina