Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    How about instead of nationalizing oil or having completely tax reforms you just cut your military funding to half? Isnt the budget like 600 billion or something like that anyways?
    We could eliminate all 600 billion and we'd still be spending more than we bring in.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will never be payed with money, that's why you have the strongest military in the planet.

(No second meaning on my words, I actually find it to be the most intelligent solution, liking it or not but it is)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I could say the same about Bush but that'd be too logical.
    They're both shit presidents.

All left vs right amounts to nowadays seems to be whether or not Bush or Obama was the shittier president.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    They're both shit presidents.

All left vs right amounts to nowadays seems to be whether or not Bush or Obama was the shittier president.
    I find it hilarious that people can deem Obama as shit when Congress doesn't pass anything he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I find it hilarious that people can deem Obama as shit when Congress doesn't pass anything he wants.
    Oh I most certainly can still call him shit.

Where the hell have you been since Edward Snowden first became a thing?

And that's just one of the problems with him.

I'll call Congress shit for the laws they choose to pass (or avoid passing). At least that's their job. I'll call Obama shit based on the way he enforces those laws (Which is his job).

I'll call Congress shit for the laws they choose to pass (or avoid passing). At least that's their job. I'll call Obama shit based on the way he enforces those laws (Which is his job).
    You know who I'll call shit? 90% of all incumbent obstructionist Rs and 10% of all incumbent Ds in Congress.

You know who I'll call shit? 90% of all incumbent obstructionist Rs and 10% of all incumbent Ds in Congress.
    So you basically call the 90% incumbency rate in Congress bullshit. Glad we agree.

Doesn't change my opinion of Obama, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    What if U.S. nationalizes Oil, and opens up oil drilling to maximum capacity, how long will it take to pay off the national debt completely?
    Some time between never and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    You don’t really know how petro dollar actually works? You think oil is expensive per se? You are wrong. In fact It’s very very cheap. You see, 80% of income Arabs got for their oil they “invest” in treasuries (in exchange of “protection” from US). And prices are high to increase demand for production of FR’s printing press (dollars), because Arabs trade their oil exclusively for dollars, you see. So, World needs dollars. And like 80% of those dollars return to US. Why bother with drilling? Learn basics of how FRS works before trying to solve problem of so called “debt” of yours (which is fraud anyways, it was fraud from the very start in 1913)

This particular scheme was invented in May, 1973 by Builderberg club & was executed by Kissinger. Nixon was against it so Watergate happened ;D
    Exactly. It is essentially like the corporate buyout where one actually takes stock options. Then bam. News hits of the buyout, and you have short term bullish action to the least.

So you basically call the 90% incumbency rate in Congress bullshit. Glad we agree.
    No, I call the 90% incumbency rate of the Republican Party bullshit. It's why I will vote to reelect Franken in Nov.

Edit: Oh, and Snowden is a buffoon who just belongs in an authoritarian regime. I can't think of any greater irony.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2013-12-02 at 03:19 PM.

Oh I most certainly can still call him shit.

Where the hell have you been since Edward Snowden first became a thing?

And that's just one of the problems with him.

From the guy who thinks that evidence makes a theory a fact, I just don't know...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It will never be payed with money, that's why you have the strongest military in the planet.

(No second meaning on my words, I actually find it to be the most intelligent solution, liking it or not but it is)
    Yes, it is a good thing the Posse Comitatus Act allows this military to be used on the American government and American civilians.

Can we all stop being the worst of Keynesian economists and realize the arguments of the classical economists, please?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Can we all stop being the worst of Keynesian economists and realize the arguments of the classical economists, please?
    Can you prove the merits of classical economists over Keynesian theories?

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    From the guy who thinks that evidence makes a theory a fact, I just don't know...
    I never even went in the realm of making that claim. Nothing makes a theory a fact... they're two separate terms with different meanings.

I never even went in the realm of making that claim. Nothing makes a theory a fact... they're two separate terms with different meanings.
    Depends on the context of the word "theory". Although "scientific fact" has an almost insurmountable burden of proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    My basic, ignorant and rudementary knowledge of economics tells me never because modern economies are debt based
    Last edited by Grimbold21; 2013-12-02 at 03:30 PM.

No, I call the 90% incumbency rate of the Republican Party bullshit. It's why I will vote to reelect Franken in Nov.

Edit: Oh, and Snowden is a buffoon who just belongs in an authoritarian regime. I can't think of any greater irony.
    You and I can disagree on Snowden. I know you happen to subscribe to the "Nothing to hide, nothing to fear" philosophy that raises my hackles, so we won't go there. Nevertheless, it's a colossal problem for me, and I think it's the biggest pile of bullshit ever dropped on the American people ever since FDR threatened to undermine the entire Supreme Court just to get his way.

I would call the 90% incumbency rate of ALL politicians a problem. I wouldn't call it a problem simply because they're Democrats or Republicans. I happen to quite like the Republican party when it breaks from its fugue state long enough to make cogent points regarding social programs and stops blathering on about abortion, wars on christmas and such.

I know you happen to subscribe to the "Nothing to hide, nothing to fear" philosophy that raises my hackles, so we won't go there.
    Don't strawman my beliefs. I hold the belief of no privacy in public domain. What we disagree on is what is "public".
    I would call the 90% incumbency rate of ALL politicians a problem. I wouldn't call it a problem simply because they're Democrats or Republicans. I happen to quite like the Republican party when it breaks from its fugue state long enough to make cogent points regarding social programs and stops blathering on about abortion, wars on christmas and such.
    Republicans can't even get their stances correct though. For example, they nag on food stamps, constantly. What they tend not to realize, is that high food stamp use is a symptom of a larger lower class. And they're content on fighting the symptoms (which actually will make it worse) rather than combating the cause.

we would be in worse shape then we are now if it wasn't for congress blocking most of what Obama wants to do

Name one thing that Obama was able to do that wasn't a failure