Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    This poll is obviously way off. I can't speak to your servers but my server struggles to kill the ghost ship before it sails away due to lack of interest in the timeless isle. My best guess is the vast majority of responses to this poll don't play often or maybe at all anymore or are rating it how the felt when it was still new. You can spend an hour now on the isle and not see anyone anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Epison View Post
    This poll is obviously way off. I can't speak to your servers but my server struggles to kill the ghost ship before it sails away due to lack of interest in the timeless isle. My best guess is the vast majority of responses to this poll don't play often or maybe at all anymore or are rating it how the felt when it was still new. You can spend an hour now on the isle and not see anyone anymore
    Yup. Huolon does laps around his area now. A bunch of laps.

I don't get this poll whatsoever. Isle of Thunder had progression, a ton of different quests, relatively dangerous mobs when it launched, rares that didn't die in 10 seconds, an understandable storyline and very cool distinct landscapes/areas. If the Thunder rewards were kept current (along with evolving storyline/s) and players had a choice between Thunder and Timeless I'd love to see the difference in player participation.

Timeless has been out for months (?) now and I have no idea wtf I'm supposed to be doing there. Really. I know I've looked it up, it's just that forgettable to me. And it's the same damn quests every day/week. Nothing changes. Rare "Elites" die well before you can reach them. I have a strong suspicion that the isle's popularity is due to the 496/535 gear. Newish players are going to associate "catch-up gear" with the island thinking that that's what the poll is about, and not realizing that catch-up gear happens every expac, just in different ways. Or maybe most players now don't give a shit about the game and everything that slows their acquiring of "purplez" is seen as unnecessary, and Timeless Isle gives them exactly what they want: a bland random loot pinata. If that's the case, I think it makes an excellent example for how the game itself is developing and the leadership at Blizzard needs to figure their shit out before the game's population is as barren as the Timeless Isle's.
    Last edited by Alternategray; 2013-12-03 at 07:49 PM.

I like the art by diesel, my favorite is the Panda one. I set it as my Desktop

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    As far as I understand these charts are for all modes, that would be lfr, flex, normal and heroic. I would expect the numbers to go up when the patch is no longer current for both normal and heroic but for the numbers to be so low right now is amazing. People do not even seem to be doing the content in lfr as of right now.
    SoO LFR is abysmal*, and why put yourself through the pain if you can see all of the content on Flex (Flex even give you the normal mode rewards)? It's not even worth doing SoO for 90 valor points when you can get 100+ from ToT wings (certain mobs give you valor in ToT). MoPs raids are hit and miss depending on your mileage and such (SoO has some really bad trash mobs that are harder than the bosses. What the Christ!?)

*LFR Norushen is just...words fail me.

imeless has been out for months (?) now and I have no idea wtf I'm supposed to be doing there. Really. I know I've looked it up, it's just that forgettable to me. And it's the same damn quests every day/week. Nothing changes. Rare "Elites" die well before you can reach them. I have a strong suspicion that the isle's popularity is due to the 496/535 gear. Newish players are going to associate "catch-up gear" with the island thinking that that's what the poll is about, and not realizing that catch-up gear happens every expac, just in different ways. Or maybe most players now don't give a shit about the game and everything that slows their acquiring of "purplez" is seen as unnecessary, and Timeless Isle gives them exactly what they want: a bland random loot pinata. If that's the case, I think it makes an excellent example for how the game itself is developing and the leadership at Blizzard needs to figure their shit out before the game's population is as barren as the Timeless Isle's.
    If MoP's Loot RNG wasn't absolutely dreadful where it took 10 months to get legendary quest items, and 30 months to even get something that's not even your BiS piece, we wouldn't be in this mess. Blizzard needs to fire the idiot who thought bosses should only drop 2 pieces of loot was a great idea.
    Last edited by Orkwuzhere; 2013-12-04 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epison View Post
    Or maybe most people don't play on dead servers. It stands to reason that most people responding to a poll are people who play on the servers that most of the population is on. Make a real ID friend on a high population server and get pulled over to their timeless isle. On mine, there is constant camping of Huolon, and Evermaw and the pirate ship die every hour (other than maybe at 4am, because I've never bothered to check the island then). Ordos and the Celestials die within 10 minutes of their previous death all day on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I don't personally care much for the isle, and haven't wasted a lot of time there because it's optional content, but I see plenty of people out there who are not there for the gear. I think it's actually a pretty lousy catch-up mechanism. Random enchant 496s are laughable, and then you're basically stuck doing LFR until you get over 520, because no one wants to do ToT with anyone who still needs gear there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't take the poll, there wasn't a none of the above option.

Dailies, no thank you, I did them, but didn't enjoy them.
    Timeless Isle was really nice for my alts, but the game as a whole isn't fun enough for me to want to play multiple toons, and waste gold on them. So yes for timeless, and no for the game overall. Main toon, and Alt Toon, it's all I have time for.

Very interesting data, is there a way we can see this by server and by Alliance/Horde? After my server had only 2 Ordos runs and 5 Celestials in 8 hours (4pm-12am EST on a PST server) yesterday (at least Alliance side), I truly wonder if this is result of patch fatigue, or that people just don't play/care/have access anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrusader View Post
    Very interesting data, is there a way we can see this by server and by Alliance/Horde? After my server had only 2 Ordos runs and 5 Celestials in 8 hours (4pm-12am EST on a PST server) yesterday (at least Alliance side), I truly wonder if this is result of patch fatigue, or that people just don't play/care/have access anymore...
    I think people are using oQueue/Openraid more for those now, since that's much more convenient. This will tend to transfer those groups onto the more populated servers.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"