10 Man - Heroic Garrosh

On our first night of pulls, we got it to P3, although i'm sure we can do it better, specially in the intermissions. I'm still not sure what raid composition i'm gonna use... currently we have:

Tanks: Guardian Druid / Prot Warrior
    Healers: Holy Paladin / Disc Priest - Mistweaver (bench)
    DPS: Affliction Lock / Destruction Lock / Boomkin / Elemental Shaman / Enhancement Shaman / 2x Rogues (Combat - Sub i guess) / Retribution Paladin

About the intermissions, i'm sure there a couple of tricks we can try, like the 4 pack pulling, etc. Any tip for the fight is greatly appreciated guys
    #yolo #swag

Mistweaver+disc is better than Hpally+disc. Paladins are pretty gimped on this fight as they have no on-the-move healing (intermission slashes), their AOE healing when the raid is spread (empowered whirling) is awfull, and they bring no DPS during downtime (of which there is *alot* in this fight).
    Haven't done it in 10 man, so can't speak for exact setups, but some tips that might be helpfull -
    Tremor totems/fearward is worth gold in terrace intermission.
    Prot warr can pick bladestorm to completly eliminate MC's/Adds, and be immune to fear (running up the pathway in Terrace while AOE'ing and being immune to fear = sick).
    Use one of the two tanks for kiting Ironstars in P4. They can't be targetted by Malice, and there's no debuffs forcing a tank switch in P4.
    Assuming you kill the ironstar that rolls close to the throne, don't hit the first wolfrider in P1 - it will get hit by the first iron star rolling past right before it reaches the middle, and lose a big chunk of it's HP (50% on 25 man, not sure about 10). Helps push the boss even faster.

Deleted
    Noone kiting the Iron Star can be targetted by Malice iirc. Hotfixed it before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmarcus View Post
    Noone kiting the Iron Star can be targetted by Malice iirc. Hotfixed it before.

IT was supposed to be fixed, but when we killed it yesterday it happened. Our Rogue was kiting the Ironstar and he got fixated by Malice.
    Last edited by mmoc3a262a3a21; 2013-12-03 at 01:34 AM.

Deleted
    Surely blizzard wouldn't lie!? Shocking.

So how do 10m guilds deal with the 4th Malice these days? We've wiped multiple times because of it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In some videos I've seen people throw immunity classes near the fourth malice. The increased energy gain lines up pretty well with a second iron star.

Before I saw guilds sacrifice people so the energy gain was really slow and you didn't need to hit him with an iron star until after the third bombardment. Mind you that strategy had issues as well, considering it looked like things got out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    In some videos I've seen people throw immunity classes near the fourth malice. The increased energy gain lines up pretty well with a second iron star.
    We used two mages with Ice Block for the fourth Malice, the boss gained Energy regardless of the two mages using immunities. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    So how do 10m guilds deal with the 4th Malice these days? We've wiped multiple times because of it.
    We used Rogue(Cloak) + Monk(ZenMed) for the 4th Malice.

Can someone explain how Malice works with only one soaker in it on 10 man? I was under the impression that you needed two at least but I just watched a tank solo soak it with shield wall during one bombardment. Are my eyes deceiving me?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think the excess energy goes to Garrosh instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    We don't move the boss, everyone spreads out to not get an ironstar, and the person who gets maliced get stood on by the tanks and they move as little as possible while the tanks survive high stacks of malice. Fire takes a long time to spawn and often you can let the person who has malice die if they have fire under them (after popping all of their defensives to live as long through it as possible)

After malice finishes you run over to the other side and the boss dies before the next cast or after it while all the adds spawn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xiic View Post
    Can someone explain how Malice works with only one soaker in it on 10 man? I was under the impression that you needed two at least but I just watched a tank solo soak it with shield wall during one bombardment. Are my eyes deceiving me?
    If you only have one person soaking, the other tick will go into the boss doing AoE damage to the raid and gives him energy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

Before I saw guilds sacrifice people so the energy gain was really slow and you didn't need to hit him with an iron star until after the third bombardment. Mind you that strategy had issues as well, considering it looked like things got out of hand.
    The boss usually died before or shortly after that bombardment anyway, so it didn't really matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danishpsycho View Post
    IT was supposed to be fixed, but when we killed it yesterday it happened. Our Rogue was kiting the Ironstar and he got fixated by Malice.
    The Ironstar likes to attempt to refixate right around the time one of the Malices coming out. We've had it happen where the Ironstar starts going towards the raid (really far away) for a split second at the same time Malice comes out. Pretty sure their bug-fix works, but that in rare circumstances it won't have any effect because the kiter isn't actually fixated.

(If you didn't know, the Ironstar fixates the closest player by calculating the closest player to it on a timer. That timer happens to match up right at the same time as a Malice timer happens occasionally.)
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2013-12-07 at 09:34 PM.