Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

WoW Confessions: Your odd tropes, habbits, and things you do!

Well, a lot of us have played this game for a long time. We've all developed habbits, tropes, and we just do weird shit sometimes. Confess to us some of the odd things you do in this game for no reason, but just 'cause!

-I sell all of my loot to the same vendor in each city. I feel very odd and usually don't sell to other vendors if the opportunity presents itself.
    -I constantly jump on all of my characters
    -While dps'ing on my warrior, I constantly shimmy around like I'm pvp'ing
    -I constantly press "c" to open my character panel and I do this literally all the time for no reason, just open and close open and close..
    -In raids, I don't target others to inspect them, I just right click their raid portrait so they don't know I'm peepin'..
    -I'm always extremely happy when someone starts to inspect or target me in raid for some reason lol..

What about you?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Well, a lot of us have played this game for a long time. We've all developed habbits, tropes, and we just do weird shit sometimes. Confess to us some of the odd things you do in this game for no reason, but just 'cause!

-I sell all of my loot to the same vendor in each city. I feel very odd and usually don't sell to other vendors if the opportunity presents itself.
    -I constantly press "c" to open my character panel and I do this literally all the time for no reason, just open and close open and close..
    -In raids, I don't target others to inspect them, I just right click their raid portrait so they don't know I'm peepin'..
    -I'm always extremely happy when someone starts to inspect or target me in raid for some reason lol..

What about you?

Haha this is almost exactly what I do.

I mostly sell junk to the same vendor for each zone/city.
    I jump A LOT, even in raids/pvp, also do that in other games, even though I can't jump then I'm just spamming my space bar haha.
    I also move around a lot in combat.
    I can´t stop pressing "C" no matter what I'm doing, especially in raids/soloing and I do that while jumping also lol.
    I mostly inspect people by not clicking on them, unless their not in my group, cause I can't inspect otherwise. ^^

I can't really think of anything else atm. :P

I /sleep every time just before I log out.

Deleted
    I don't press "C", but "B" to open all my bags. Then look at them, and close 'em again. I do this all the time, I don't even know why.

While in fight with low to no movement needed, I spin the camera around my toon to find the best looking angle.

I also sell my stuff to the same vendor... I wonder wether we all use the same and he/she is rich by now. Who do you sell to?

10+ Year Old Account
    I spam c constantly as well, if I have oqueue enabled, it loads the oqueue character interface, freezing my game for 4-5 seconds. I continue spamming c when in combat too, so now I constantly freeze in combat and die in fire. Should learn but nope, not yet. Will manage to stop spamming it eventually.

When not in combat, I emote to my pets. A lot. REALLY a lot.

When on a shaman alt, I keep refreshing my weapon enchant and water shield all the time.
    Last edited by Snaige; 2013-12-02 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When logging out with a timer, I always try to time a jump so that my character is at the apex when the actual logout happens.

And nothing can stop me equipping my fishing pole :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    I always keep up Battle Shout or Horn of Winter regardless of where I am. I usually use it on CD while just sitting in Orgrimmar

15+ Year Old Account
    I constantly open my bags and stare at them for a while.
    I'm constantly jumping no mater what I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardboard View Post
    I always keep up Battle Shout or Horn of Winter regardless of where I am. I usually use it on CD while just sitting in Orgrimmar
    Same. I also miss random buffs from people in cities. I used to have mark of the wild almost constantly on my warrior.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    When i'm raiding, i posistion the camera, so i look straight down on my char, with my camera zooned all the way out.

I jump, like, all the god damn time, i never stop....... It's addicting...

I have to use my flying mount all the time, for the most weird things. If i'm in Shrine of two Moons, at the reforge guy, and if i need to go to the or anywhere else on the 1st floor, i have to go out, mount up, fly in through the main gate, and land on either side before running in and doing my business.
    Last edited by Rhiziana; 2013-12-02 at 09:25 AM.

I keep old unique class rewards that got nerfed to "spite" Blizz. I want my rogue fall damage cape back.
    I would keep scourge stones if I had any. I was completing all quests I could find before achievements were established - I got Loremaster on patch login.
    I nearly always use the same AH. I do AH trading mostly on my DK (not main). I have an alt ranking system for which alt is most important and sees most gold spending.
    All my alts use the Headless Horseman's mount. I just about always logout as mounted. When city pvp happened I flew up in the air before logging out.
    All the heirloom gear I keep stored on a single alt.
    Last edited by NorthWay; 2013-12-02 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Doubletext???

Accidently casting hearthstone when I´m already at home.

Every button on my hotbar is a mzcro of several different abilities and commands. Even still, I have so many "buttons" that I have configured my keyboard so that I have a button for every single "ability" for my 3 rows of hotbars. Yes, I just cannot live without em.

I always park my char in the second hammock at the inn on the main plateau on Thunder Bluff, execute a sleep animation, and then log off. I never deviate from this routine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bahaha you are all as crazy as me!

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    On my Shaman, ever since TBC raiding I always refresh water shield. It's like a tick that I have.
    Between trash pulls, slow parts on an encounter etc...
    I remember having a power auras profile set up with a blue shield that would appear if my water shield had dropped or wasn't applied and a yellow shield for my focus target if earth shield had dropped.
    Also yes I always refresh my weapon imbues after every encounter for some strange reason....

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the Rainbow Generator every time I get to a final boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG...... if I truly hate something, then it's toons that are jumping around like retards... This annoys the shit out of me. lol

I am however notorious for forgetting things like not replacing pet battle helm, fishing hat, fishing pole and all such things that don't exactly help with fighting..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post

What about you?
    Reading this thread, I think of the stuffs I do, and surprisingly we have quite a bit in common!

- I sell according to vendor type. This is a rollover from Skyrim where you sell weapons to smiths, potions to alchemists, etc.
    - I jump quite a bit too, but I think everyone does that.
    - I open my character panel for no reason too!
    - I'm also afraid of people finding out that I target them! When I try to emote someone, I type out their names in the chatbox so that I don't target them. I think targeting is like staring at someone IRL, it's rude.
    - I downloaded an addon that tells me that someone is targeting me, because transmog yo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a jumper as well, largely on my Belf.

I dunno, not too many quirks. Prob one of the biggest things is that my characters (at least the main two) still "live" in their racial home city. I have no reset their hearthstones since they were first set to their cities. They almost always return home at the end of my playing for the night, or alternately they are left the tavern in Dalaran, usually in the doorway. Rarely can I stand to just leave them out in the world or at some random inn elsewhere.

I do play at a very close angle, frequently turning the view toward the front of my character, does that count as odd or just really attached/immersed?
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-12-03 at 01:38 AM.

Let me see........

- I have this habit when I fly on my Proto-Drake I look at my character from certain angles so I can see how badass my dragon looks!
    -I ALWAYS have a set vendor, Auction House and Banker NPC that I use. It makes me feel really weird to use a different one, afterall the key to small businesses is repeat customers.
    -I enjoy jumping around on my skeleton horse its one of my favorite things to do!
    -During LK I had a set pattern I used to run around Dalaran while spamming for groups or waiting on the dungeon queue when they implemented it.
    -I always sit my characters down in their little "place" before I log them off.

Anyways that's all I can think about now.... I didn't have a whole lot during Vanilla or TBC