Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

10man Heroic Thok.

Hello!

We're slowly progressing on Thok the bloodthirsty, trying to figure out a proper cd rotation for our group composition.
    We exist of

Prot pala, brew monk

Resto druid, holy pala, resto shaman

Fire mage
    Balance druid
    Destro lock
    Surv hunter
    Fury warr

For the moment we decided to put the Resto druid from 0-10. resto shammy from 10-20 and holy pala from 20-27 ish.

Ofcourse, depending on how it looks damage wise, the holy pala might start using cds around 17 stacks, or the rshammy around 8 stacks or so.

Resto druid uses Nature's vigil and Tree of life to keep the raid up from 0-10, sometimes having to pop a mushroom there aswell.
    Resto shammy just rotates his cooldowns for his 10 stacks, not having troubles with that at all.
    Holy pally starts around 18 usually, and just spams loose in order to keep us up until around 27ish stacks.

For the kiting phase we open the gate asap, leaving the boss at around 7 stacks of speed before next phase happens.
    We open the toxic door first.

In this phase we barely have any cooldowns available anymore.
    We've saved both of our tranquilitys for this phase, using one around 3-4 stacks, and the other almost right after, at around 7 stacks.
    Ofcourse, whenever a druid is tranqing, we have a BoP from a paladin used on em, to prevent interruption.

Here is usually where things starts to go bad, ending up with either us dying or transitioning happening before or at 10 stacks.
    Our current plan is to have the fury warr use both demoralizing and rallying cry as soon as our 2nd tranq ends.
    Maybe this would be the time for us to use personal survival cds aswell?

Also, how long should we aim to survive in the 2nd stacking phase? Our best attempt got us to around 15 stacks.

As for the third phase, once ice door is open, our 3 min cds are back and we can pretty much do the rotation we had at pull which should net us atleast around 20-25 stacks in that phase.

I'm also wondering how his HP should look? For example, after the first stacking phase, we get him to around 65% or so, after 2nd he's around 45. How much hp is it required for him to have in order for us to kill him?

Thanks for any help i get!

We're progressing on thok hc as well. We kite like in this vid releasing the npc at 12/13 so there is 3 min between each phase which should result in the same cd rotation for each one except fire. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrWWONeODdw

As far as cds you should use personal cds around 10-11 chaining demobanner and rallying after eachother from 13-14 on. We use a tranq from our feral druid during the acid phase and also aim for 27 stacks. But tbh any order of cds should work as long as you cover all screeches.

We got him to 30-35% at the start of the icephase a few times but had people dying and wiped 40% should be more then enough at that point. I think it should go something like start 60-65>acid 40> frost 20>fire 10>finish him off while kiting.

Edit: We just killed it tonight went like 60>35>4% and finished him off just after the frost phase. Widdow venom/wild strike for us as healing debuff.
    Last edited by bigbad; 2013-12-02 at 09:55 PM.

Deleted
    I'm a 25-man raider, so it won't be quite the same, but we use spirit link early on (after about 7th screech) followed by chained devotion auras. What percentage are you getting him down to before the first kite phase? We got him down to 65% on our first kill for reference. That being said, it's the second burn phase that's the trickiest because you're waiting for cooldowns to be available and that must be much worse for you in 10-man where several of your raid have nothing of use to help.

You should be 1 tank 2 healing it considering your lineup, save your health link totem for poison, it's the most dangerous phase, With resto/resto/paladin you could easily do 28 poison stacks if you had a mass dispelling spriest.

3heal
    End phase 1 at 58-60%.
    End poison p1 at 35-40%.
    End blue p1 at 20-25%.
    Kill either during red p1 or transition red p2 at 10% or less.

You need to extend the kite phase so that all of your raid cd's reset for the next stack phase. That means you have to push Thok to 28+ and in the kite phase 12 stacks+. You have a decent amount of cd's with your comp. 2 aura masteries, the monk raid cd, ag and tide, rallying cry, tranq, personal cd's, and healthstones. You should have the raid split up until you are ready to push and then stack (I'm assuming you are already doing this because you can push to 27+). Split up your mitigation and throughput cd's evenly. You shouldn't need to use any sort of healing cd for the first 8 stacks, after 8 you'll probably need to start using your cd's. Don't forget the personal cd's. Classes that lack in raid cd's usually have strong personal cd's to counter.

Deleted
    You only need one tank for this fight really. We're progressing atm (8% best and should get the kill tonight) and found it much easier with one tank sitting out in place for another healer (we 2 heal everything else) and 3 healing it.

Also i'm not sure which of our dps does it (I'm pretty clueless about classes I haven't played) although I think it might be either our rogue or hunter has some kind of ability that reduces the heal the boss gets when eating the add. Considering we normally have him at around 45-50% at the end of the first kite phase this is a great help.

The thing thats wiped us most is struggling to phase him back to kiting at the red door. The fire makes it really difficult to stack properly.

Anyways good luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Also i'm not sure which of our dps does it (I'm pretty clueless about classes I haven't played) although I think it might be either our rogue or hunter has some kind of ability that reduces the heal the boss gets when eating the add.
    It will be your hunter. Rogues can do it too but at the cost of dps.

You shouldnt really need any CD between 0~9 stacks of the first phase.

In my raid we have the same comp, but we 1 tank it dont have the second Paladin...This is how we do.

5 Stacks> Healing tide.

10~14 Stacks > Guidance.

14~18 > Paladin CD.

18 + > Tranquility

We stack with 25.

In the kite phase go for 12 stacks ...

This should leave you with All CD's up in the poison phase specially Healing Tide right when the bats arrive(thats why i drop it with 5 stacks).

When the bats arrive you will have Tide + Ascendance Up you shaman will almost solo heal the bats...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Yeh and don't ever ask our rogue to do something that results in a dps loss :P

Deleted
    Get ya boomer to spec nature's vigil and have him celestial alignment the bats. I did 6million healing in that window with my boomkin ... far out weighing a tranq and it's smart heals for 30 seconds. Much more powerful than heart of the wild.
    ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    It'll actually be the fury warrior. Wild strike, in his rotation, applies the debuff. Kills jailer towards higher blood frenzy anyhow. No wasted boss dps etc. :P

Also its completely pointless aiming for some magic 25+ stacks number unless you reached enrage.
    You can do it 12/14/12 or 10/16/10 etc. See enrage, then add stacks. Its bafling how so many people dont realize this
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-12-02 at 04:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    It'll actually be the fury warrior. Wild strike, in his rotation, applies the debuff. p
    That would be surprising to say the least. Apart from the fact we don't know if he even uses a fury warrior, wild strike is not part of the normal rotation of a fury warrior at this level (ours maybe hit half a dozen across the course of that fight) and they are not required to be so suicidal as to be anywhere near the boss when it has so many movement stacks. A hunter, on the other hand, can do it risk free and without having to adopt a lower dps rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    It'll actually be the fury warrior. Wild strike, in his rotation, applies the debuff. Kills jailer towards higher blood frenzy anyhow. No wasted boss dps etc. :P

Also its completely pointless aiming for some magic 25+ stacks number unless you reached enrage.
    You can do it 12/14/12 or 10/16/10 etc. See enrage, then add stacks. Its bafling how so many people dont realize this
    We found it easier to do 27 stacks and 13 on kite so you got 3 min between each phase and can do the exact same cd rotation each phase, but we did have 3 healers. Once we got a good rotation going it felt really solid.
    Last edited by bigbad; 2013-12-02 at 10:01 PM.

Deleted
    Think a Demo lock's Felguard also applies this debuff.

Deleted
    Do you see viable 1 tank 2 heal 7 dps and try to burn it with low p1 stacks (less than 10)

Quote Originally Posted by Vyla View Post
    Do you see viable 1 tank 2 heal 7 dps and try to burn it with low p1 stacks (less than 10)
    If you have a shaman you can literally go up to 27 stacks 2 healing as you would with any non-shaman 3 heal comp.

We do 20-7-17 with 3 heals and thok dies without us even transitioning the final kiting phase(which is easily 10-15% worth of free dps), so yeah you should be able to beat soft enrage with 10-8-10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyla View Post
    That's more or less what we did : 1 tank 2 heals (disci/pal). Stacks in P1 were : 13 (pull with lust) - 7 (blue) - 6 (green) and we kill him during the green P2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thanje View Post
    That's more or less what we did : 1 tank 2 heals (disci/pal). Stacks in P1 were : 13 (pull with lust) - 7 (blue) - 6 (green) and we kill him during the green P2.
    You go blue then green because of the bats?

My core is progressing in Thok too, we have a really bad comp for this fight.

Tanks: Dk and Warrior
    Healers: Druid, Disc Priest and Pally
    Dps: Dk, Lock, mage, Rogue and Hunter

We're struggling in managing more than 20 stacks in phase 1 and 3, we're having a really bad time in this boss comparing with Spoils or Malky. Probably the lack of raid cds and mainly a Shaman it's screwing us a bit.
    We did last night Blue than Green, we thought Blue requires less heal than Green and all cds are up for Green at 3rd phase and manage starting the 3rd phase with ~35-40%

Hope this week this damn dino goes down.

U guys have any thoughts? We've a really strong off-dps, it's valid goes for 1 tank 2 heal and 7 dps and trying burn this bitch with 10~ stacks every phase?

How handle with Jailer with one tank?
    Any tips for me and my baddy comp?
    Last edited by JV Chequer; 2013-12-03 at 01:03 PM.

Just a quick hint:

Nobody says you have to go max stacks 29'ish every time.

Just play it safe, when you open fire cage you get a crazy dps buff which quickly results in many millions of extra dps for your dps'ers. If you enter Fire phase at 30% you can still beat the boss cause in the last Blood Frenzy phase, if the boss is around 10% or even 15%, there's still a possiblity that you can burn him down with the fire buff.

Try going 25 - 20 - ~10 for stacks.