Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyla View Post
    You go blue then green because of the bats?
    Yeah, we tried all 3 colours and green/red was too random, we always had someone dying thus we opened blue first so that we took less damage, then we choose green over red because we practiced it more and our warlock wanted to get a chance to rank on wol (thus aoe the bats). The problem opening blue first was the yeti, we decided to kill it beginning of "blue P2" so it wouldn't destroy our raid randomly because we don't watch where it's going.

JV Chequer > Jailer with one tank !? What's the problem ? tank just has to pick him up and .. well tank him. If his enrage is a problem, ask your rogue/hunt to dispell it. I think you could easily go with a 1-2-7 comp like we did, but I don't know which tank would be better between dk & war.

Quote Originally Posted by thanje View Post
    Yeah, we tried all 3 colours and green/red was too random, we always had someone dying thus we opened blue first so that we took less damage, then we choose green over red because we practiced it more and our warlock wanted to get a chance to rank on wol (thus aoe the bats). The problem opening blue first was the yeti, we decided to kill it beginning of "blue P2" so it wouldn't destroy our raid randomly because we don't watch where it's going.

JV Chequer > Jailer with one tank !? What's the problem ? tank just has to pick him up and .. well tank him. If his enrage is a problem, ask your rogue/hunt to dispell it. I think you could easily go with a 1-2-7 comp like we did, but I don't know which tank would be better between dk & war.
    Yeti does not hit our raid one single time last night, I think if u stay far from middle u can easily kill him when he hit the wall near 2nd jailer for green phase.

Deleted
    Our range dps kill him when we enter phase2 after P1 blue, as you can see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMNv0jCKN6o at 3:23. We had some trouble with him because we decided, for the sake of our healers, it was better to just tank thok wherever he ended his phase 2 prior to p1 blue.

But as you said, yeti is not supposed to hit your raid if you have one person paying attention and calling when/where to move but sometimes, one of us still managed to get hit...

Anyway, that boss was such a pain, Blackfuse felt so easy compared to this.

We killed it on Sunday.
    Single tank - Monk Mastery Build - Very easy with Rook's Unlucky Talisman.
    3 heal - Shammy, Druid, D-Priest
    1 Ret Pally for bop and D-Aura

P1- 25 stacks
    P2- 15 stacks? - a few sec after bats come out
    P3- 20 stacks and repeat of P1
    P4- Only did 4 stacks, boss sub 15% and killed during kite phase
    I opened the door at 8 stacks each phase, we were running into people unable to out run past 8 stacks

Key points:
    Never turn or try to move the boss from where he ends up and just deal with where he is. We had hunter kill the Ape when in ranged and stunned.

Good Luck!

Deleted
    Killed him yesterday. Two things made us progressing instantly and lead to a kill within 20 tries (while we wiped 70 tries before without those optimization):

1) You really need to use your cooldowns to the limit. When starting to progress we popped cooldowns way too early and way too often. We managed to get 20/5/10 stacks. When we got the kill, we made 28/10/18 screeches (same team, same cooldowns). You just need to align them really good and watch out to not overlap them. It's really good if you have stronger cds obv, but generally most class-cds work. In the end we were stacking for Smoke Bomb and Barrier, popped a shroom afterwards, and that made us reach 27-29 stacks.

2) You need to extend the fixate / kite phase. We usually start dragging him two times to the hallway, then door, hallway, door, use key, the last fixate should run to hallway again (but gets interrupted) - thats usually 11+ stacks before using the key. Be sure you have good kiting classes like spriest or rogue, not using your healers to kite. We also use BL immediately after stacking again to get the bats down asap, not using many raid cds here and transition soonish.

The stacking phase P3 is the same as in the beginning. Don't get hit by the yeti, stack immediately after the next door and zerg him down (usually below 15% then).

Last edited by mmoc3ea752f1d1; 2013-12-04 at 01:53 PM.

Deleted
    Hey there, we are progressing thok hc at the moment.
    Do u have any tips for me? Like, which trinkets do u prefer? Some special reforge tips? Something which made it as easy as possible for me?
    Im a warrior, with the first set bonus. I stack the debuff up to 8 stacks, after that it gets critical.
    Atm i play with trinkets of rook and malkorok and forged for crit > parry > avoidance > mastery
    We let him stack up between 25-29 in p1, and the rest pretty much as everyone else descript it here.
    Thx for tips

Currently stuck on this and I do not know if it is possible with our comp:

Heal available:
    Monk - Disc Priest - Druid.

DPS: Enhance shaman - Frost DK - Rogue - Hunter - Shadow Priest - Warlock

Tanks: Warrior - Monk

Possibilities: holy paladin that also plays a mage and the druid (same person)

If the druid plays, we have no mage, have to choose between mastery buff or crit.

If we do solo tank (brewmaster) we do not have the warrior raid cds and the bats kills the monk.

Usually with two tanks we do 17 stacks - 12 stacks then people die during the stacking for the bats. Worried dps wont be enough even with people alive because of 3 melees.

I am at loss guys, any suggestions?

Deleted
    No option for the enhance to play another spec, either resto or ele would be useful.

17 stacks with 3 healers and 2 tanks isn't vialble as far as i'm aware, unless your dps is amazing. You should be looking to hit more stacks. This would also allow you to do a few less stacks with bats up.

It is a bit unfortunate you don't have a single paladin in your raid though, aura mastery and BoP really help.