Poll: Which Main City / Zone Needs Love?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Which Main City / Zone Deserves Love?

What ho,

Which of the main cities of WoW do you wish you spent more time in, but never do because they are horribly out-of-date? Or rather, which main city do you think needs a major overhaul (if any)?

I suppose Silvermoon City update would be nice. Honestly though, I don't care about most of the cities, as I like the more structured kind of city (i.e. SW or Silvermoon)

Stormwind needs its park repaired and Orgrimmar needs an NPC update after we slaughtered the current ones in SoO, but otherwise the cities can be left as they are.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them!

I say that just because I would love to see major overhauls for all of them.

Deleted
    Silvermoon and Eversong, they should make it flyable instead of wasting time on useless expansions like WoD.

Where's Gnomeregan ; -;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Where's Gnomeregan ; -;
    Didn't mean to step on anyone's (very little) toes, but Gnomeregan isn't considered a main city as far as I'm aware. Lorewise maybe, but it doesn't have the features.

It would be nice to see Ironforge and Darnassus updated. They're both ghost towns nowadays, which is a pity as they have character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Where's Gnomeregan ; -;
    Gnomes are too small to qualify for a proper city.

Deleted
    All of them except SW and Org, and I don't especially mean visually, I just want the NPCs you need to be present there too, maybe a portal to Pandaria and the such, I always hated SW. I want to sit in Darnassus but everything is a boat ride away, a boat that takes 5 min to come back.

Silvermoon and Exodar easily. I was really disappointed when they announced they wouldn't be connected to the rest of their continents and made flyable in Cataclysm, which would have been the perfect opportunity to do so and that Blizz response since then indicates they're an extremely low priority. besides the obvious changes of making them flyable there's also the fact that both cities by now should be in much better condition

Exoadar, Silvermoon and Dalaran. They haven"t been updated since their initial releases.

I"m dead tired of hzving to take a boat to the Exoador or having to dismount off my dragon and walk to Silvermoon through a portal. Blizzard has the technology to copy and paste those two maps into the whole Kamildor and Eastern Kingdoms maps, and theres no reason why they shouldnt.

Dalaran feels too much like a chopped up playset; I would like it to be revamped and actually feel like a magical place. As of right now, its just some 1/4th portion of the city it should be.

Old Shattrah does not need any attention at all, considering no one goes there ever except to level up and yutn in marks for reputation. Let it rot.

Both Silvermoon and the Exodar to be honest. They also need to give an incentive to go to those cities. Been sitting in Orgimmar/Stormwind for almost two expansions now, as well as some of Shrine but still. When Wrath of the Lich King and the Burning Crusade were prime, we still had an incentive to go to other cities, instead of Dalaran/Shattrath/Capital City.

Connect them to the rest of the continents, and let people fly in them too. Vanilla is no longer sold separate from its expansion packs so I don't see why they wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobysnacks View Post
    It would be nice to see Ironforge and Darnassus updated. They're both ghost towns nowadays, which is a pity as they have character.
    I agree with this. Up until the end of Wrath I remember still seeing people in IF and running around there. It wasn't until Cata that SW became the ONLY city to have people in it. Would be nice if there was an even spread.

Ironforge. It's such a cool city. I just think the Dwarfs could use some lore love in general.

Gilneas needs clearing out of trash.

Deleted
    Ironforge all the way.. I remember when I first started playing the game at the end of Vanilla, I thought Stormwind was really cool, then I got to Ironforge and was like oh hello!

I vividly remember the 'bug' behind the statue/podium to the left and right of the bank in IF, where you could jump behind and request to duel (usually dueling isn't allowed in cities, but there was a bug that allowed it there). Was really fun whilst I was lower level, doing some professions etc and just watching some of the best PvPers on our server battle it out in front of everyone (early version of Brawler's Guild?) before that cursed FCM to Frostmane that screwed Dragonmaw's population!

Would love IF to have a real reason to go back there, sometimes I fly there just to say screw you Stormwind and your portals..

Ironforge / Dun Morogh.
    Undercity / Tirisfal Glades.
    Thunder Bluff / Mulgore.

I voted for all of them though.

Deleted
    Exodar and Silvermoon definitely. Both (along with their associated zones) need to be updated for flying, with Silvermoon of course taking the most work up.

Deleted
    The park zone of Stormwind really needs to be made into.. something. Come on, it´s going to be two expansions of ruins inside the city, hell they even fixed the statue on the entrance.