Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    with the blue comment on warlock vs hunters i do feel an overnerf (like demonology with trinket+imp nerf error)
    they never learn :-(

I dont know how big the nerfs is going to be and i dont like to think about it i just hope warlocks will keep one of the top DPS spots in the game

Arguments about raid utility seem to invite foolishness more than any other one on this and the official forums. They tend to just devolve into classes hand-waving whatever utility they have away as "not counting" while tallying up everything some other class has even if it is incredibly niche or not actual utility.

The definition of utility has literally (yes, literally) become "Anything I bring is not utility, while everything Class X brings IS utility". Mages and Hunters have been the worst offenders at this, imo, but I've seen it from practically every class.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2014-01-12 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    with the blue comment on warlock vs hunters i do feel an overnerf (like demonology with trinket+imp nerf error)
    they never learn :-(
    They won't be nerfing at this point as it would hurt players progress. Its impossible to really count or speculate about WoD because of rebalancing around new abilities and mechanics. I think that tweet predated the hunter buffs anyway.

The funny thing is that hunters do bring more utility especially at 10mans with pets that can buff anything that misses. After the nerf to portals, we only have hearthstones and summons. Mages and huntards cry all the time. I agree that threre will be no nerfs till next xpac, but the other guy at blizcon said that he wants to change locks again.

No matter our great damage and good survivability, in my opinion locks are a very nice class to play. I know there are ppl that wants the cataclysm things back (I think they are the minority) but very few can argue that this is an almost complete class (considering wow standards). Let's hope they will not spoil it at WoD.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

as long as they keep KJC in its current form I'll be happy.

meh 5.4 turned locks to shit. PVP and PVE cept for Desto. Been playing a lock since vanilla and everytime Blizzard makes the lock a viable class they end up nerfing everything about it and making it worse. My only hope is now that stupid ass Ghost Crawler is gone locks might not get hit on to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Diremagus View Post
    as long as they keep KJC in its current form I'll be happy.
    With the way they've been talking I wouldn't be surprised at all if they completely re-did that talent and made it something else.

Either way we'll all adapt eh.

DoT snapshotting being gone will do enough by itself.

I don't see Gateway surviving. It's simply impossible to balance on certain encounters.

Hopefully most of the changes go towards simply smoothing out the gameplay and making some of the specs less ilvl dependent or gimmicky. Main complaint about Warlocks is that while they have absurd damage output when gaming DoT snapshotting, they also feel like shit until you get "good" ilvls. Demo for example feels very slow and clunky before you get gear, but this is an issue not unique to Warlocks, being an issue for other specs specs like Prot/Ret, Marksmanship, and Fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah but locks don't bring anything to the raid that spriests do
    Unbiased-kadabra!

Yeah but locks don't bring anything to the raid that spriests do...loljk except gateway which has been almost fundamental in a lot of fights this expansion, healthstones - nuff said, a battle-res and the highest damage on nearly every single boss this tier

Quote Originally Posted by valcrist View Post
    meh 5.4 turned locks to shit. PVP and PVE cept for Desto. Been playing a lock since vanilla and everytime Blizzard makes the lock a viable class they end up nerfing everything about it and making it worse. My only hope is now that stupid ass Ghost Crawler is gone locks might not get hit on to much.
    Played lock since vanilla too, but i think you're talking about another game. Which game are you talking about?
    Locks are still in a great shape. You can argue that it's not the very best right now, though it's still really good. Both damage wise and utility wise. My only real complaint is that they made the most braindead spec being the one doing most damage on almost all encounters.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Unbiased-kadabra!
    Huh? Not to say SPriests are in great shape for single target DPS, but they do have things like VE, Divine Star, Spectral Guise that have been incredibly useful and their multi-target damage is more than decent.

Don't jess... just don't... if he's gonna be that dumb it's not worth the conversation.

Only major thing I would see Blizzard changing is the Gateway, it needs to be either nerfed, removed, or spread to other classes. In it's current form it is just way too powerful utility in any encounter that requires major movement to be limited to just a single class.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    Only major thing I would see Blizzard changing is the Gateway, it needs to be either nerfed, removed, or spread to other classes. In it's current form it is just way too powerful utility in any encounter that requires major movement to be limited to just a single class.
    Hopefully the new raid model will negate the need to further homogenize classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    Hopefully the new raid model will negate the need to further homogenize classes.
    That was one of their biggest points about having a single heroic raid size is that in the past they used to be able to make mechanics assuming you would have at least 1 of each class in a raid and they haven't been able to do that for quite some time thanks to 10 mans. They plan to get back to that, so if anything we should see less homogenization and more things like gateways.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    Yeah that's true, but I would still like if more powerful utility spell would be available to maybe two classes, especially if they are critical for the encounters (MC in 25man Naxx for example). That way you wouldn't run into situation that you would have to call the raid because your only lock/priest/whatever had to miss the raid for whatever reason, but classes with those abilities would still feel special when they get to use them.

at the start of an expentionn they try to balance all the class... then nerf/buff the imbalanced one.. they wont nerf us right off the bat...

Quote Originally Posted by Mainoff View Post
    at the start of an expentionn they try to balance all the class... then nerf/buff the imbalanced one.. they wont nerf us right off the bat...
    I know blizzard...
    I know them...
    In the city of Ny'alotha, they dap the paf nerfbat to ooking dook...
    What im trying to say is that blizzard is pretty unpredicatable.
    Last edited by Narwhalosh Whalescream; 2014-01-27 at 10:50 PM. Reason: My spelling as well

Don't jess... just don't... if he's gonna be that dumb it's not worth the conversation.
    Is this how you usually debate?

I'm assuming you are a politician in real life.

You said locks don't bring the exact utility a spriest brings (kind of obvious really, no class brings the exact utility of another class), so I compared it to the utility a lock does bring.

Would prefer to get a reply other than the standard "hurr ur dumb" ty.

This thread just looks like a mock up of random classes complaining and warlocks defending their obvious superior current state in the game (which Blizzard have already stated they are aware of) with arguments about how they also don't bring the utility of some of the under-performing classes
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-28 at 11:20 AM.