Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    i have to laugh at the ppl that think soul swap should be removed, as its a clear indication that they didnt play old school afflic back when you had 4-5 dots to hard cast and stacking shadow dmg buff that stacked up only when casting shadow bolt(if i remember correctly), there was a reason why we got soul swap and that was to save us some much needed ramp up time, imagine multidotting without it, you'd be better off running around like a headless chicken coz by the time you got your last dot up(on a fight like fallen protectors) you'd have to start over, would be hell on earth going back to that.
    You do realize that there are people who enjoyed that specific playstyle, right? ISF Affliction was one of the most entertaining things ever. Sure Shadow Embrace was annoying and I'm glad they removed it, but saying that a dot class is better of without tab-dotting is just plain silly.
    So you not only assume that most of us haven't played back then, but also state that no one enjoyed it more then MoP Affliction, because you didn't? Swell.

Furtheremore I doubt anyone has anything against Soul Swap, the spell was fine back when it had a cooldown and allowed you to swap targets instantly.
    The annoying part about this subject is the fact that nowdays you press one button several times to put your dots up on a certain amount of targets. I play a dot class and I don't want to multidot, so instead of swaping specs so I won't have to I want blizzard to give me one button to rule them all.
    That's not a good design, but exactly what you mentioned regarding nerfing Demonology - straight up dumbing something down to appeal the masses.

Look what they did to Demo in MoP. They turned a pretty boring cooldown based spec into something with depth. With Affliction they did the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Don't expect any overall dps nerfs. We are pure class and we will be top, maybe behind fire mages now but we need to be close to top to be viable.
    What? As a guy who plays a class that has had BOTH of its DPS specs at or near the bottom of the last 3 raid tiers I can't understand how you can justify being so much better at both dealing damage and mitigating incoming damage than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Don't care if warlock goes to the ground or skyrocket everyone, I just wanna play this amazing class.

I think the way the dots work in WOD will need some revamp on Affliction.
    Destro probably will get some nerf in how mastery or AOE works.
    DEMO is fine.
    Demo is not fine. It has severe Fury issues, which make the spec outright boring to play.

Fix the fury, heck make Doom *alway* spawn Imps, that's all it would need to not be horrifically sluggish.

Deleted
    they could easily "dumb" demo down a bit, the skill cap to play it properly seems a bit high to me, but that might just be that i never bothered to play it much.
    I really don't want them to dumb down anything - especially when it comes to the demonology specc.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    What? As a guy who plays a class that has had BOTH of its DPS specs at or near the bottom of the last 3 raid tiers I can't understand how you can justify being so much better at both dealing damage and mitigating incoming damage than everyone else.
    That makes you hybrid. Every one of them brings some raid cooldowns, dps or healing wise. Except if you're DK, then yeah, they kinda messed up on them (except Grips, though on limited fights. Maybe AMZ but dunno if they really have good usage this tier). Personal survival don't really matter that much if every damage is tailored around the least survival class, or unless you can stack so many of durable players that dropping a healer is possible. I could work with lower durability, but Blizz can't seem decide, the patch they say we are too durable that they cut Soul Leech and 10% from fel armor, they add Shadowburn to SL, glyph for UR to 10% all-time reduction and make SL work as another 20% reduction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    I hope they don't take away Sb:SS. I'm enjoying it.
    Just wondering, did you rolled a lock in mop?

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    1. Remove Soul Swap
    2. Nerf resource generation when something dies for destro and affli
    3. nerf destro
    4. buff demo

Demo fotm next patch the dream
    There's no reason to do any of this.
    Also, more on topic, why would Warlocks get nerfed? It's very middle of the pack this patch.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    I didn't, and I still enjoy SB:SS as well. It's a tool for certain situations, and useful at that. I vividly remember the time before where my ramp up time on targets was about half an iceage. I like having the choice to come out swinging as Affliction, and the choice to hardcast my dots when I'm saving up Shards.

Removing SB:SS is also not magically going to make certain less able Warlocks play the class better cause they are now forced to hard cast.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Demo is not fine. It has severe Fury issues, which make the spec outright boring to play.

Fix the fury, heck make Doom *alway* spawn Imps, that's all it would need to not be horrifically sluggish.
    Yes, it's fine, was just OP and now it's average like most of specs in the game.

Excess of Fury for Demo just make the spec kinda OP since in Meta we do TONS of dmg.

I really hope the removing of snap shotting doesn't make aff the most boring spec ever I really hope :<
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Yes, it's fine, was just OP and now it's average like most of specs in the game.

Excess of Fury for Demo just make the spec kinda OP since in Meta we do TONS of dmg.
    Ok, it's completely un-fun now is what I meant. I'm constantly feeling starved for resources, so it just feels slow and clunky now. I could reforge to 14k haste to speed it up, but then my Destro set will be gimped out of ~20k dps just to do that.

Smoother fury regen, balance the DPS around that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Ok, it's completely un-fun now is what I meant. I'm constantly feeling starved for resources, so it just feels slow and clunky now. I could reforge to 14k haste to speed it up, but then my Destro set will be gimped out of ~20k dps just to do that.

Smoother fury regen, balance the DPS around that.
    Manage your resources properly, you won't feel starved. The spec is fine, it's just not overpowered anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    You do realize that there are people who enjoyed that specific playstyle, right? ISF Affliction was one of the most entertaining things ever. Sure Shadow Embrace was annoying and I'm glad they removed it, but saying that a dot class is better of without tab-dotting is just plain silly.
    So you not only assume that most of us haven't played back then, but also state that no one enjoyed it more then MoP Affliction, because you didn't? Swell.

Furtheremore I doubt anyone has anything against Soul Swap, the spell was fine back when it had a cooldown and allowed you to swap targets instantly.
    The annoying part about this subject is the fact that nowdays you press one button several times to put your dots up on a certain amount of targets. I play a dot class and I don't want to multidot, so instead of swaping specs so I won't have to I want blizzard to give me one button to rule them all.
    That's not a good design, but exactly what you mentioned regarding nerfing Demonology - straight up dumbing something down to appeal the masses.

Look what they did to Demo in MoP. They turned a pretty boring cooldown based spec into something with depth. With Affliction they did the exact opposite.
    and you do realize that there were ppl that didnt enjoy that particular playstyle, hell having to use a direct dmg spell as filler for a dot spec was the most moron thing ever, never made sense to me, i just dont think you get the concept of soul swap and putting a cooldown on it would go against the whole concept of that particular spell, soul swap in its current form is as good as it gets. and hoenstly if you press that one button so many times you're doing something wrong, yes, you should use it a lot, but most of the times you hard cast your dots.

and you're sorta contradicting yourself, a dot class and multidotting go hand in hand, you cant have 1 without the other, its a dot spec's strength.

and i never said demo should get nerfed, i said it should be "dumbed" down a bit to reduce the skillcap a bit for new players.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-12-03 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Manage your resources properly, you won't feel starved. The spec is fine, it's just not overpowered anymore.
    I'm not well geared. I simply don't have fury regen. It's not about resource management there. Yes, if I gain another 20 ilvl I'll be fine but I hate specs having playstyle issues at lower gear for no actual reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Nope. Played a disc priest in BC, switched to lock in wotlk.

my statement stands, I love SB:SS, and I hope blizz do not take it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimonde View Post
    Like removing soul well and gateway etc?
    HAHAHA! Like fuck they would do that...shit, my tank is literally addicted to the things...he would have a break down if he didn't get his lock rocks.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    HAHAHA! Like fuck they would do that...shit, my tank is literally addicted to the things...he would have a break down if he didn't get his lock rocks.
    Is he addicted to fel cookies?
    He needs help now before its too late!

Either fix Gateway, or take it out. The 100yrd despawn range is beyond stupid for PvE.

they could easily "dumb" demo down a bit, the skill cap to play it properly seems a bit high to me, but that might just be that i never bothered to play it much.
    I don't think Demo is fundamentally difficult at all, but the Meta/HoG weaving is one of the more unintuitive DPS mechanics in the game especially for the damage boost it provides.

We're given so many examples of the power of our nukes being determined when they leave our hands, and yet HoG is different.

I think the shadowflame stacking is probably fine, but if they were looking for something little to cut from Demo, I think getting rid of the "switch to meta while HoG is in the air" could go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    As long as Warlocks are a pure and have three diverse specs to cover different raid mechanics they will likely be at or near the top of the meters and that is totally justified.

As long as we have Life Tap we're also going to have pretty good survivability to counter the fact that we have to damage ourselves just to keep DPSing (Destro aside).

To some degree they went overboard on both, but I think the crying about Warlock damage absurdity right now is half truth/half trope. We're a bit silly on stuff like Protectors, Nazgrim but there are plenty of fights...especially in the second half of Siege...where Lock damage isn't egregiously dumb.

For some reason the community seems to totally ignore Mage and Rogue damage in PVE, and only when someone other than those classes tops a chart do the tears come. I wonder if there is a latent belief that Rogues and Mages are intended to be the top melee and range Pure respectively while Hunters and Warlocks were the "leveling and soloing" Pures. I think I'm going to write my Thesis on this strange community phenomenon.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-12-04 at 01:39 AM.

i have to laugh at the ppl that think soul swap should be removed, as its a clear indication that they didnt play old school afflic back when you had 4-5 dots to hard cast and stacking shadow dmg buff that stacked up only when casting shadow bolt(if i remember correctly), there was a reason why we got soul swap and that was to save us some much needed ramp up time, imagine multidotting without it, you'd be better off running around like a headless chicken coz by the time you got your last dot up(on a fight like fallen protectors) you'd have to start over, would be hell on earth going back to that.
    At the same time, our dots ticked for significantly more than they do now - we are balanced around having it easy getting dots up/maintaining them, just as we would be around any other mechanic - eg dots tick for less because we are expected to channel MG to make up for it.

I enjoyed the challenge of keeping full dots (including SL and immo) up on multiple targets, it made things more interesting that hitting sbss whenever an addon says boo. I understand many people didn't like the ISB mechanic, but I wasn't one of those either - and again, I would say that was a more interesting mechanic to keep ISB on multiple targets, compared to sbss'ing everything, then haunt+MG'ing one of them.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-12-03 at 10:17 PM.