Deleted

Addon Suggestion: Melee arrow indicator

Hi guys,

Sometimes when I raid and we fight a boss with lots of add I use TAB to target a new target. However because it's crowded/chaotic it's hard to see where my target exactly is. So I propose this: an arrow (like Tom Tom arrow but simpler/smaller perhaps scalable) that indicates where your target is. The arrow will turn bright green when you are in melee range. Red when you are far away and orange when you are not so far away but also not in melee range.

I think this could help some people like me

Hope someone can make this!

Yours truly,
    Mithos

I don't think that you can obtain the co-ordinates or position of a target that is not in your raid group.
    So what you want I don't think can be done exactly.

But there are addons which indicate a range, basically by throwing at it tests to see if given abilities or spells would be capable of hitting it, with the maximum range of the furthest being a good indicator of the approximate distance.

I see no reason why that could not use the colours, but it would be lacking the directional arrow.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-12-02 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    It seems that it is not possible to get the coordinates of something that is not a player (so no arrow)

Doesn't the mini-map highlight the target? If so couldn't we use that technology to overlay on the screen or something and show the "I'm right here" kinda flashing arrow?

get a nameplate addon that has a target indicator on the target's nameplate.

that would be nice - great for pvp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    Doesn't the mini-map highlight the target? If so couldn't we use that technology to overlay on the screen or something and show the "I'm right here" kinda flashing arrow?
    Addons don't have access to minimap blips.

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    get a nameplate addon that has a target indicator on the target's nameplate.
    This -

Although I also approximate coordinates of mobs by the last friendly they melee hit - ie, if they hit a tank, and I know where the tank is, I can reasonably assume they are near the tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    This -

Although I also approximate coordinates of mobs by the last friendly they melee hit - ie, if they hit a tank, and I know where the tank is, I can reasonably assume they are near the tank.
    That is interesting, or you could max zoom out and see where is the one you have selected ? (the nameplate change a bit)

Deleted
    You could technically triangulate from nameplate positions if you knew that nameplates were aligned exactly (which they usually aren't).