Thread: Is Frost dead

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is Frost dead

I'm curious, I've been out of the WoW loop for a long time now, and am wondering if they no longer take Frost into a raid as a DPS over Unholy?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I'm curious, I've been out of the WoW loop for a long time now, and am wondering if they no longer take Frost into a raid as a DPS over Unholy?
    Short answer: No.

Long answer: People still play Unholy?

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Short answer: No.

Long answer: People still play Unholy?
    PVP I see it as the dominant spec from videos, so I was wondering if it took over Raiding too.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Frost is only dead in pvp.

Please continue to not play unholy in pvp. I like my hunter wrecking frost noobs.

not this tier. ever since they nerfed festerblight UH hasnt been doing that well. right now DW frost is the highest performing DPS spec for DKs. UH is just best for PvP atm.

PVP I see it as the dominant spec from videos, so I was wondering if it took over Raiding too.
    Every video is going to make something look dominant. Nobody makes videos of all the times they got wrecked.

With that said, I have no idea about PVP.

I've just returned and haven't been able to do any HM raiding yet, but as far as Flex/Normal, I've had no issues as Frost. Don't see many UH though.

i thought unholy was dead, not frost.

unholy is best for low level gear though...oh proving grounds 60% dmg just having diseases up.

In PvE both are more then viable to play. The closer you get to BiS though DW frost pulls ahead slightly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    In PvE both are more then viable to play. The closer you get to BiS though DW frost pulls ahead slightly
    It pulls ahead on pretty much every fight BiS or not.

Although both specs are completely viable, play which ever spec you prefer.

I played frost for all of heroic progression in this tier, the biggest reason why was to avoid sharing weapons with warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    It pulls ahead on pretty much every fight BiS or not.
    That has yet to be seen especially with logs showing otherwise and also people posting info on the huge gear curve DW frost has in siege

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect View Post
    Frost is only dead in pvp
    In Arena, unholy rules. Frost can still be useful in bg's (and RBG's) as part of a team.

Deleted
    As Maxweii pointed out logs show otherwise. I've been raiding as unholy since the start of ToT and it's been viable for the duration. I have kept up with every melee except rogues because they're broken and pallies when they get to aoe whore an entire fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Damyou View Post
    As Maxweii pointed out logs show otherwise. I've been raiding as unholy since the start of ToT and it's been viable for the duration. I have kept up with every melee except rogues because they're broken and pallies when they get to aoe whore an entire fight.
    Yeah this right here. We have three rogues on our team and they are usually top three. I'll be close behind, with locks/mages mixed between us depending on the fight. And them danm retadins sneak up on aoe
    The curve for DW is so visable in a raid too, the DW dk we have just shot up so much in the past ~2 weeks right after he got his second heroic weapon and a hwf galks eye

No spec is dead, this isn't classic/tbc.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    No spec is dead, this isn't classic/tbc.
    This kind of post only proves fanboys are bad to the game.

They kill all the intelligent discussions to defend what is not being attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    This kind of post only proves fanboys are bad to the game.

They kill all the intelligent discussions to defend what is not being attacked.
    You really must not have played back then. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Damyou View Post
    I have kept up with every melee except rogues because they're broken and pallies when they get to aoe whore an entire fight.
    That's nice for you, but your other melee aren't pulling their weight.

I will start with a real fact
    and as you can see warrior representation is worse than dk s5,
    Season 5 Death Knight

@1800 - 16.84%
    @2000 - 20.06%
    @2200 - 21.68%

Season 14 Warrior

@1800 - 17.14%
    @2000 - 20.32%
    @2200 - 24.85%
    do not listen the funboys who are PvE horses in that MMO DK community, as you can see more or less all about how you DK should look like, what did you solo e.t.c many of them talk just trash.
    i will just add a small info about DK performance in PvE ( it is Garbage yes totally crap and even Blood DK is crap as tank in many runs).
    and YES, not only frost, but also DK class is totally garbage with outdated and retarded mechanics.there are 6-8 DK players in ladder among 500 players, and that guys came here with fast grevious gear before many other players earlier and any of them play anymore. I have been playing Arena since s3 and in that season i have played over 600 matches with 3 toons warrior, rogue and UH dk and sometimes frost, i know all classes in and out.I must admit that i gave up after 80 matches on my DK frost or uh doesnt matter.
    As far as i can see there will not be any big changes for that class in WoD either, to be honest Dk requires a HUGE class overhaul in many aspects like better rune system, 1 more extra rune, mobility, and survivability, but it is too much to require from Blizzard, who forgot DK class long time ago.
    You can flame as much as you want, it is not only frost but also UH dead too, i have 80 resilience with 590k health in blood as UH when i am tunneled and silenced i go down like a ice piece in fire,
    so i want to know how UH rules the arena?
    If Darksithis with his endless PvP experience can explain the situation?
    oh noo not PvE horse again, time to get a moderator who knows what he is talking about.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gurusotah View Post
    -snip-
    "scratches head"
    If you want to take up the PvP side of the thread all the power to ya, I don't PvP. But just because you go down quick as Unholy doesn't mean it's bad. Unholy has legit strength in PvP and while I can't elaborate I won't deny it either