Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    depending on hp pool 30k every 5seconds will not heal moderate damage. It's faster than out of heal regen sure... Haven't done LFR in a while though do sustained damage abilities actually tick for that low?

Point is it's usually on yourself, when you don't need it. Take another personal in the other 2 talents, or ward the raid if you're that big of team player.

- - - Updated - - -

Ward/renewal are 100times better for surviving in arena (renewal vs hunter/enh burst stuff if their on you ward otherwise)
    No, Gift and renewal are two totally different heals, they are not side by side comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    If it does 30k every 5 seconds, then it's hardly useless. That's more than Renew, which sees a lot of use in 10s and PvP.
    I'm comparing it to cenarion ward and renewal, not other class baseline heals...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Sure it's not the greatest talent but you're comparing shit to another sort of shit. It's a talent tier which gives small survivability bonuses, whether or not you live/die shouldn't (and isn't) dependent on your talent choice.
    Oftentimes pulls can go badly I'm sure we could go through your logs and find places where ward/renewal would have saved you and ysera's didn't

Oftentimes pulls can go badly I'm sure we could go through your logs and find places where ward/renewal would have saved you and ysera's didn't
    Ok everyone make sure you get your time machines before playing a Druid so we can see into the future to know what talent choice will be better for every boss pull we ever do.

Ok everyone make sure you get your time machines before playing a Druid so we can see into the future to know what talent choice will be better for every boss pull we ever do.
    Rather be safe than ysera?

Rogues are getting time machines next patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I really just don't think this level of hate is appropriate for a talent that is almost guaranteed to be useful healing. Remember that a hot tick on a low target could easily change a healer's mind who was about to spam a real heal on them, and they'll pick a more necessary target instead. Yes, if the druid is at 95% and the rest of the raid is at 30%, it's going to heal the druid. But how often is that a thing? And remember, Ysera does that job the whole fight, straight up. Your cognition isn't an unlimited resource either, remember!

I'm sure the activated heals can be better if activated perfectly. Likewise, I'm sure you can change out of it (or to it) for certain fights, just like most other talents. But it offers benefits and trade-offs versus the other two things on its tier.

renewal saved me when people took buff early on garrosh transition. Glad I wasn't beepjeep w/ ysera then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Rogues are getting time machines next patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I really just don't think this level of hate is appropriate for a talent that is almost guaranteed to be useful healing. .
    Was discussing (key word) what's more useful. Ysera's does something, whether it's more or less helpful than the other choices is what I am discussing. No one has been negative imo the whole thread.

Made it b/c the talent is popular and hoping people actually think about the tier more. I think it's a good thing to think about the choices we make.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ysera is pretty good for boomkin pvp, don't underestimate it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I don't think you've got much of an argument here. The instant heal is very very poor outside of the most extreme niche situational assignments and cenarion ward is quite mediocre. Just because you get control over them doesn't make up for how poor they are in general.

- - - Updated - - -

renewal saved me when people took buff early on garrosh transition. Glad I wasn't beepjeep w/ ysera then
    Avoidable mistakes don't make your case at all. In fact it's quite the opposite.

Taking Renewal didn't save the rest of the people who missed out on the buff, you still wiped.

Goal was more or less to get people to realize that most talents, including the druid healing tier is situational. People take ysera's gift all the time regardless of it being sub-optimal or not. They all do close to the same "HPS" if you use them on CD, but the way they are designed allows you to be more useful in different situations. Ysera's gift is actually rarely the ideal choice for any encounter because chances are the harder parts of the fight could have been smoothed out more from the increased healing from the other options in that tier.
    You should also go raise awareness for Moonkin level 60 talents too. Sure Incarnation and Treants do more overall DPS but Soul of the Forest allows you instantly activate an Eclipse in case something goes wrong on a pull and you need to kill a certain mob at a certain time really fast and wouldn't have Incarnation or Treant charges ready for it.

Also go raise awareness for Nature's Vigil. Sure DoC and HotW give more overall DPS but what if something goes wrong in a pull and you desperately need the extra 15% damage to kill a mob quickly?

Also Boomkins should be taking Wild Charge, you never know when something goes wrong and you desperately need to jump backwards a short distance or something goes wrong and your friend is stuck on the other side of the room and needs a hug, with Wild Charge you can take charge of these situations!

Do you see where I'm going?
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-12-02 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I don't think you've got much of an argument here. The instant heal is very very poor outside of the most extreme niche situational assignments and cenarion ward is quite mediocre. Just because you get control over them doesn't make up for how poor they are in general.
    the healing of all 3 is very close not sure why ward is considered mediocre (doesn't work for feral/guardian maybe?).

Deleted
    You should also go raise awareness for Moonkin level 60 talents too. Sure Incarnation and Treants do more overall DPS but Soul of the Forest allows you instantly activate an Eclipse in case something goes wrong on a pull and you need to kill a certain mob at a certain time really fast and wouldn't have Incarnation or Treant charges ready for it.

Also go raise awareness for Nature's Vigil. Sure DoC and HotW give more overall DPS but what if something goes wrong in a pull and you desperately need the extra 15% damage to kill a mob quickly?

Also Boomkins should be taking Wild Charge, you never know when something goes wrong and you desperately need to jump backwards a sort distance or something goes wrong and your friend is stuck on the other side of the room and needs a hug, with Wild Charge you can take charge of these situations!

Will you marry me?

Taking Renewal didn't save the rest of the people who missed out on the buff, you still wiped.

Also Boomkins should be taking Wild Charge, you never know when something goes wrong and you desperately need to jump backwards a short distance or something goes wrong and your friend is stuck on the other side of the room and needs a hug, with Wild Charge you can take charge of these situations!

You mean displacer and turn your character? Stop trying to derail the thread.

In the case of SoTF it doesn't proc enough to compare. You think your "analogies" are clever but they don't compare because they aren't used for the same thing, healing/survival, which is a much different thing.

Nature's vigil is a better choice oftentimes because of the healing portion, not the damage.

Are you serious? That WHOLE row of talents is not meant to be significant so what the hell is there to really complain about? It not meant to be directly useful...
    Ysera's Gift is ok imo especially now because it procs the Multistrike/Cleave trinkets.

Deleted
    the healing of all 3 is very close not sure why ward is considered mediocre (doesn't work for feral/guardian maybe?).
    Talking PvE here..

WHY on Earth would Feral/Guardian or even MOONKIN bother wasting a GCD on casting something as useless as Cenarion Ward when they could be actually doing their ACTUAL job for that time?

Even for Resto: The value of Cenarion Ward is diminishing now that we have Genesis, which is way more beneficial button to click when someone needs quick saving. Also, whether you're 25 or 10 man or Elune knows what, if you're depending on Cenarion Ward on doing the 1‰ miracle of saving someone, then your healing is screwed to begin with.

Ysera's Gift is way more interesting and useful as a Resto for multitude of reasons.

A) CW's healing is not reliable.
    B) I rather use that extra GCD to drop Rejuvenation on either that said person or someone else for that time
    C) By that time CW actually activates you can already have done 2 GCD's worth of actions since the healing does not activate automatically. If you have had the time to cast CW on someone and thinks of the actions it takes you can have had time to cast NS+RG/Swiftmend/Reju+Genesis/normal Regrowth on that said person for more effect.
    Last edited by mmoc3c46420bdf; 2013-12-09 at 05:06 PM. Reason: grammar

You mean displacer and turn your character? Stop trying to derail the thread.

In the case of SoTF it doesn't proc enough to compare. You think your "analogies" are clever but they don't compare because they aren't used for the same thing, healing/survival, which is a much different thing.

Nature's vigil is a better choice oftentimes because of the healing portion, not the damage.
    The point was that you can't use "X is better if Y avoidable fuck up happens" as an argument. If you don't understand why then well, GG thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    The point was that you can't use "X is better if Y avoidable fuck up happens" as an argument. If you don't understand why then well, GG thread.
    No you don't understand the primary reason behind not taking other choices in the tree is not because the healing is lower(which they aren't) but because people are too lazy to hit another keybind for it, thus blindly defending it with blanket statements like "cenarion ward does low healing" and no numbers to prove....

Saying Ysera's Gift is useless is like saying all HoT healing is useless. It's insane. It's 40% of a Resto-Rejuv with 100% uptime and no GCD or mana cost; that's absolutely great and at the very least worth a significant chunk of mana to your healers throughout a fight.

You have plenty of other tools to deal with burst damage. If you're using NS+HT, Barkskin, Symbiosis, Tranq, and Might of Ursoc and still feel like you could use another mediocre 2 min CD or like you should be casting an extra heal every 30 secs then you're either a very anxious person who needs to learn to trust your other raid members to do their jobs or you need your healers/raid members to start using all of their tools to respond to burst damage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I'm confused, he constantly keeps insulting
    I'm more confused that an alternative view didn't trigger discussion, and I see no insults. I did make an example but the only rude posts have been from Glurp, proclaiming I am a bad player. Maybe you think I'm being hostile simply because you disagree...?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skagasm View Post
    Saying Ysera's Gift is useless is like saying all HoT healing is useless. It's insane. It's 40% of a Resto-Rejuv with 100% uptime and no GCD or mana cost; that's absolutely great and at the very least worth a significant chunk of mana to your healers throughout a fight.

You have plenty of other tools to deal with burst damage. If you're using NS+HT, Barkskin, Symbiosis, Tranq, and Might of Ursoc and still feel like you could use another mediocre 2 min CD or like you should be casting an extra heal every 30 secs then you're either a very anxious person who needs to learn to trust your other raid members to do their jobs or you need your healers/raid members to start using all of their tools to respond to burst damage as well.
    Again not comparing actual numbers here. Rejuv ticks much much faster and for a lot more, yseras gift isn't even comparable.
    Adds to input lag btw
    and correct, I don't always trust my healers, and on some fights you have to go out of range of some healers, and sometimes healers get fixates

Deleted
    I'm more confused that an alternative view didn't trigger discussion, and I see no insults. I did make an example but the only rude posts have been from Glurp, proclaiming I am a bad player. Maybe you think I'm being hostile simply because you disagree...?

- - - Updated - - -

Again not comparing actual numbers here. Rejuv ticks much much faster and for a lot more, yseras gift isn't even comparable.
    Adds to input lag btw
    Actually, you are A) Rude B) Bad thinking that CW is in any case better than Ysera's.
    If you are unable to see your mocking tongue in your previous replies then I suggest you pick a time for an optician.

0/10 at this point.

Adds to input lag btw
    Had a feeling it was a troll thread from the start but you definitely reassured me. Guess there's no further point discussing this since you've already been told countless times in countless ways why Yseras is generally the strongest choice in the majority of situations.