Bama loses = Shoot someone?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...im-sister-says

A woman charged with killing a fellow Alabama fan after the end of last weekend's Iron Bowl was angry that the victim and others didn't seem upset over the Crimson Tide's loss to archrival Auburn, said the sister of the slain woman
    I've heard of violence against the other teams fans but I don't ever recall a shooting involving a fan of your team. What is the world coming to?

10+ Year Old Account
    The world isn't coming to anything.

A crazy person acted crazy and the media picked up on it. It's a tragedy that ended in death, but nothing new in human history.
    Putin khuliyo

The schools I went to were never big on sports but in the states they are huge. Add in booze and guns it's a toxic mix and I'm not at all surprised something like this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

A crazy person acted crazy and the media picked up on it. It's a tragedy that ended in death, but nothing new in human history.
    was she actually insane? or just "cray cray"?

I thought it was Obama.
    Thanks Obama!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

A crazy person acted crazy
    Ban football games is the only answer.

Deleted
    This reminds me of when the North Koreans were forced to act sad when Kim Jong Il died.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    The schools I went to were never big on sports but in the states they are huge. Add in booze and guns it's a toxic mix and I'm not at all surprised something like this happened.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism

But yeah, let's not miss an opportunity to America bash...

If I was a crimson tide fan after watching that total fuckin failure I'd probably have shot someone too. But I'd limit to to the coach and the special teams line that was out there lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

It's the South. What do you expect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there a case in Brazil that got a referee killed and his head on a pike from a Football game?

Yeah birmingham is a crime infested place. Just because you are a fan of the same team doesnt mean anything. It could have been an argument over pork steaks vs pork chops, who knows in birmingham.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism

But yeah, let's not miss an opportunity to America bash...
    Indeed, Europeans and South-Americans still win the round of violence because of watching sports.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Happens here all the time, why is this on the news.
    Because it shouldn't be normal that people shoot each other because of sports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Why not? People just get a little too exited and sometimes get a little trigger-happy. Not saying its ok, but its not that weird, its surprising its doesn't happen that often considering how popular sports and gun-ownership is on the US.
    This is just the kind of thinking I don't understand. Guns shouldn't be used unless it was to protect yourself or someone else. Or hunting. This is neither. This is just plain stupidity of "hurr durr football/soccer arr darr let's be blarr blarr".

Edit: And if the stupid people really want to shoot someone because a football game went wrong, they should be aiming themselves, not some random fan of the same sports.

10+ Year Old Account
    People shoot each other over much more ridiculous things all the time, like religion. Oh wait, Bama football is a religion too.

People be crazy, and have guns!
    I like sandwiches

Says she may have been drinking... guessing if this is the case she will plead for diminished responsibility and get a lesser sentence like so many seem to do now days -.-

Clearly this true Bama fan just shot the FINO's who aren't even people, really.

Also, its Birmingham. The place has more guns than teeth. What do you expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Another reminder that far too often people take things way too seriously. Mix in fanaticism and a crazy person and bad things happen.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    Says she may have been drinking... guessing if this is the case she will plead for diminished responsibility and get a lesser sentence like so many seem to do now days -.-
    Shouldn't she get a harsher sentence for being negligent (by handling a firearm when intoxicated)? I don't really understand the American law surrounding firearms, just seems common sense.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Clearly this true Bama fan just shot the FINO's who aren't even people, really.

Also, its Birmingham. The place has more guns than teeth. What do you expect?
    Lol. That's awesome.