Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Help with levelling a warrior

Hi,

I need some help, I got some heirloom gear(no swords, just 2 daggers, shield, axe), tanking plate/chest/back/legs etc.

I'm levelling as Arms but I'm just spamming Mortal Strike then Overpower and Thunder Clap. When I see procs for Impending Vic and Heroic Strike then I use them, else I just keep spamming Overpower and Mortal Strike. Sometimes I spam so fast, everything's on cooldown and I don't have rage for anything else so there's a 1-2 second downtime before I can use Mortal Strike again.

Am I doing it right? I'm doing good dps, usually the highest but I want to make sure I'm getting it right because when I use Slam, it does good damage but I always don't have enough Rage for it.

Should I be saving Overpower? Or save it up and use Slam instead.

I'm 43 btw.

http://gotwarcraft.com/the-warrior-leveling-guide/

should answer most of your questions better than I can because its hard to say without looking at your talents/glyphs etc..

Sounds right though but you shouldn't be so rage starved, check glyphs and use VR, been a long time since I was that lvl too but I'm pretty sure things should die really quickly without rage being much of an issue.

Think I overlooked the issue, 2 daggers with arms and tanking heirlooms? I assume you are not using the two daggers with arms?
    Last edited by feellucky; 2013-12-03 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    I'm levelling as Arms but I'm just spamming Mortal Strike then Overpower and Thunder Clap. When I see procs for Impending Vic and Heroic Strike then I use them, else I just keep spamming Overpower and Mortal Strike. Sometimes I spam so fast, everything's on cooldown and I don't have rage for anything else so there's a 1-2 second downtime before I can use Mortal Strike again.
    This is pretty much how I play Arms at max level lol. I think it's more than fine for levelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by feellucky View Post
    http://gotwarcraft.com/the-warrior-leveling-guide/

should answer most of your questions better than I can because its hard to say without looking at your talents/glyphs etc..

Sounds right though but you shouldn't be so rage starved, check glyphs and use VR, been a long time since I was that lvl too but I'm pretty sure things should die really quickly without rage being much of an issue.

Think I overlooked the issue, 2 daggers with arms and tanking heirlooms? I assume you are not using the two daggers with arms?
    using the axe with Arms, dagger+shield for tanking. too lazy to farm heroics on my dps for justice points, especially after i ran so many heroics for the shield and axe.

btw, what's VR? this is my first warrior, dont really get the abbreviations.
    Last edited by Ferrair; 2013-12-03 at 06:10 AM.

Deleted
    using the axe with Arms, dagger+shield for tanking. too lazy to farm heroics on my dps for justice points, especially after i ran so many heroics for the shield and axe.

btw, what's VR? this is my first warrior, dont really get the abbreviations.
    Victory Rush I presume.

At this level if I recall correctly, Slam outweighs Overpower by a bit, specially because of the extra damage besides the % of the weapon. There really is not much more you can do to top your DPS at that level, just go with it and have fun.

u would do more dps in the dps plate set and not with the tanking set
    otherwise use MS on cd and just spam abilities
    and charge when u can for more rage

but if i were to be tanking while levelling, i just charge and thunder clap ?

have trouble keeping aggro in a bunch of mobs especially when dps just randomly hits stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've leveled two warriors to 90 and both times in prot...
    You have revenge since level 30 it's just OP to play prot, the damage is just going through the roof you you pull large packs.
    If i were to level a third warrior it would be as prot again.

but if i were to be tanking while levelling, i just charge and thunder clap ?

have trouble keeping aggro in a bunch of mobs especially when dps just randomly hits stuff.
    Yes, Charge > Thunderclap > Revenge/ Shield Slam

Use excessive rage for Cleave and just use Thunderclap and Revenge on CD. Should be enough threat for 95% of any ae fight.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeqz View Post
    I've leveled two warriors to 90 and both times in prot...
    You have revenge since level 30 it's just OP to play prot, the damage is just going through the roof you you pull large packs.
    If i were to level a third warrior it would be as prot again.
    why u need 2 warriors?!

10+ Year Old Account
    why u need 2 warriors?!
    Alliance and Horde

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    why u need 2 warriors?!
    You can never have too many

OT: you use about the same rotation as me, I use slam a bit though

ok i farmed enough JP to get 2 Arcanite reapers, switched to Fury and WOW! my dps is disastrous.

am i missing something? i dont see anything to spam other than Bloodthirst, and Wild Strike when it procs. any help?

Be prot -> solo dungeons
    Vic rush OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Go prot and oneshot stuff with shield slam.

Deleted
    ok i farmed enough JP to get 2 Arcanite reapers, switched to Fury and WOW! my dps is disastrous.

am i missing something? i dont see anything to spam other than Bloodthirst, and Wild Strike when it procs. any help?
    Well go arms? Your hitcap is reachable, it does more dmg in the lower lvl's, if you can, go prot and do as many have suggested, just pull A LOT of stuff, either way is good

Best regards
    Chop

Think fury is quite bad for lvling, compared to arms and prot, so should sell back the 1 Reaper if you still can for JP.
    I always prefer dps spec over tanking, so will go with go arms, even tho in many cases tank spec can pull faster and more mobs while lvling.

Since you are lvl 43, about the tanking, you will get Blood and Thunder (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84615) at 46 which will make tanking trivial, so shouldnt worry about that part rly. Also it will help a lot for aoe killing of packs. I know it may seem like not much of a skill, but it changes a lot when you get it. Since atm the idea of using TC for aoe is to spread DW which is the thing that does dmg/holds aggro and not the TC on it own.

And for rage starved etc., its hard to rly give you x rotation, just use MS when off cd, use VR and then rly up to you to choose what to use, depending on mobs hp after those 2 hits. If you know slam will be 90% dmg overkill, dont use it use overpower etc.

[Edit] And also dont use execute on normal mobs untill you dont reach lvls in which it wont be 99% overkill dmg, since its a huge waste of rage. Not saying you are using it, just a tip. You can start using it ones the dmg it does wont be an overkill, again thats up to you to determine when, since dont rly remember when is the break point. My best guess would be around lvl 81, since at lvl81 you get Sudden Death, which makes your next 2 OP free after execute, so that helps a bit with rage starving. Could be wrong ofc.

[Edit] I might be wrong here, but what proc are you talking about that includes Heroic Strike as Arms. Only proc that effects HS and i can think of is Prot only.
    Last edited by Itakas; 2013-12-11 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    Think fury is quite bad for lvling, compared to arms and prot, so should sell back the 1 Reaper if you still can for JP.
    I always prefer dps spec over tanking, so will go with go arms, even tho in many cases tank spec can pull faster and more mobs while lvling.

Since you are lvl 43, about the tanking, you will get Blood and Thunder (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84615) at 46 which will make tanking trivial, so shouldnt worry about that part rly. Also it will help a lot for aoe killing of packs. I know it may seem like not much of a skill, but it changes a lot when you get it. Since atm the idea of using TC for aoe is to spread DW which is the thing that does dmg/holds aggro and not the TC on it own.

And for rage starved etc., its hard to rly give you x rotation, just use MS when off cd, use VR and then rly up to you to choose what to use, depending on mobs hp after those 2 hits. If you know slam will be 90% dmg overkill, dont use it use overpower etc.

[Edit] And also dont use execute on normal mobs untill you dont reach lvls in which it wont be 99% overkill dmg, since its a huge waste of rage. Not saying you are using it, just a tip. You can start using it ones the dmg it does wont be an overkill, again thats up to you to determine when, since dont rly remember when is the break point. My best guess would be around lvl 81, since at lvl81 you get Sudden Death, which makes your next 2 OP free after execute, so that helps a bit with rage starving. Could be wrong ofc.

[Edit] I might be wrong here, but what proc are you talking about that includes Heroic Strike as Arms. Only proc that effects HS and i can think of is Prot only.
    He is talking about the wild strike proc (dont't know the name sry). But otherwise I agree with your statements. Just level as arms and/or prot. If your soloing as arms just spam MS and OP and use excessive rage for Slam/HS. When pulling more mobs use Sweeping Strikes as soon as you get it (lvl 60?) and Thunder Clap once when you gathered all mobs to apply bleed on all mobs.
    This should make leveling your warrior fast and easy.

well.. i already mailed it to my alt so i can't get a refund. either way, i already have every heirloom i need.

pity though, i thought 2 reapers were gonna be funny as hell to play, smashing things left and right.

btw i'm 57 now, been a little lazy lately.