2 Boomie questions

1- If I get a SS proc should I interrupt casting wrath or starfire to 'shoot it' if I'm in the middle of a cast?

2- If a DoT is like less than 1 second from dropping off and I get SS proc should I prioritize SS or refreshing the DoT?

Thanks!

Also - a 3rd question. If I'm using Incarnation. After the initial burst opening should I be pairing that with celestial alignment every time thereafter or whenever one is off cd just use it?
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2013-12-03 at 09:15 AM.

Yes, yes and yes.
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

Deleted
    If you're less then 50% into the cast is usually my opinion.

Yes.

Ofc, they got the same CD. (3min)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    1- If I get a SS proc should I interrupt casting wrath or starfire to 'shoot it' if I'm in the middle of a cast?

2- If a DoT is like less than 1 second from dropping off and I get SS proc should I prioritize SS or refreshing the DoT?

Thanks!

Also - a 3rd question. If I'm using Incarnation. After the initial burst opening should I be pairing that with celestial alignment every time thereafter or whenever one is off cd just use it?
    1- From what I've seen around here, do not cancel if the cast is above 50% by your approximation.

2- SS is usually prioritized, but I feel your example is a bit extreme. If you still have less than 1 sec, I don't think it'll be much of a difference what you do and in that case I would refresh then release SS. Of course, in half a sec it's always probable that you might get another proc over your existing one which would be highly unlikely.

On the other hand, say for some reason you feel you need to refresh with 3 secs still left than yes SS>redot

3- Both are on 3 min cooldown as you know. But syncing them depends on the opener and when you choose to use them of course. Keep in mind though that CA is nothing without INC in PVE. So if you are starting off in Lunar or you have entered Lunar and going through your rotation, you want to have INC up and when it's at 15 sec you pop CA or if you went out of Lunar before INC gets to 15 sec. But if you start in solar or are in solar, you want both up at the same time.

You can see the difference between openers and the applications of CA + INC in the Moonkin 5.4 guide (Sticky).
    Last edited by Talisman; 2013-12-03 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post

The problem with these questions is that you are ignoring all other factors such as position on the Eclipse bar, procs and a number of other small factors that would change the answer.

It's generally not going to be worth canceling a cast to use a Starsurge unless the cast has only just started and doesn't have any Haste procs (Bloodlust, Meta, NG) active.

As for the DoT it depends on the current DoT strength vs what strength it would be if you refreshed it. In most situations you will want to use the Starsurge first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    Yes, yes and yes.
    but if shade of aran casts flame wreath, how do I stop my cast to throw starsurge?

3. and for the CA part, just start w/ incarnation (NV too if you've got it) as you put our your first dots in eclipse then either when you finish the eclipse or when there's 15seconds of incarnation left (aka when NG falls off) (you may not always finish the eclipse, especially on fights like dark shamans where you have like 4 targets on the opener, then cast CA, racials, engi, etc. and re-dot

I'd answer 1 too, but boomkin is my os, so I play it with higher mastery than most

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    but if shade of aran casts flame wreath, how do I stop my cast to throw starsurge?
    Escape or /stopcasting. Still, it's rarely worthwile and if you have significant latency or poor reflexes, you might as well not bother.

Deleted
    1. That's a thing that gets easier the more you play boomkin, you'll eventually feel if it's worth stopping a cast to use SS proc or cast and then use SS proc.

2. Depends on the situation, for example: If you got one SS from going out of lunar eclipse and your moonfire is about run out, use the moonfire before going out from the eclipse to get the damage buff on the moonfire.

3. Yes, it's best if you're in solar eclipse when they get off cooldown, but just use them when they come off CD.