Poll: What is your favorite race?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is your favorite race and what makes that race so unique for you? & what class..

1. What is your favorite race?
    2. Why is that race so unique for you?
    3. And which three classes fit best with your favorite race?

My answer:
    1. Blood Elf
    2. Their history, lore and appearance. Eversong Woods! <3
    3. Hunter, Warlock and Priest.

To answer question 2 bit better, these are the reasons why I like Blood Elf so much:
    Last edited by 1Seven; 2013-12-03 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead

Although Human and Blood Elf are close behind.

But I just love how wicked the Undead look. Evil looking + Most interesting faction leader... Yeah, no contest.

Edit- Didn't see the questions...

What is your favorite race?
    Forsaken (Undead)
    Why is that race so unique for you?
    Already answered.
    And which three classes fit best with your favorite race?
    Warlock, Rogue, Death Knight.
    Last edited by Lime; 2013-12-03 at 04:35 PM.

Blood Elf...is the most beautiful class. Second coming Night Elf and Human...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I've always liked Blood Elves because of the struggle their race has endured. Couple that with a death knight and you have the perfect character for me haha. I also like to think that being a death knight diminishes the annoying posh personality that most blood elves seem to have.

Belf master race reporting in. I've always liked them ever seance WC3.

10+ Year Old Account
    - What is your favorite race?
    - Why is that race so unique for you?
    - And which three classes fit best with your favorite race?

- Forsaken
    - Their story and the fact that they are undead. Their hatred towards all, while also seeking acceptance and a place within the world.
    - Warlock, mage, rogue.

Also the forsaken have a great understanding of both magic and technology, which makes them rather unique.

15+ Year Old Account
    1 - Draenei (my Vote), but they are tied with Orcs and Worgen

2 - Draenei are pure awesome, from their lore to their looks - I even love Eredar
    Orcs represent world of warcraft, in my opinion. They are living war. Furthemore, they're the coolest Orcs of any mythos out there.
    Worgen are the dark side of humanity (along with Forsaken, but I find Worgen more interesting)
    3 - Draenei = Paladin and Shaman
    Orc = Everything except Monk and Mage
    Worgen = Warrior and Warlock

4 - But not everything is roses. Each race has its problems:
    Draenei male are too bulky compared to the cinematics and pictures -> the fanmade artwork depicting a kneeling male draenei paladin wearing T6, wielding a ToC 2handed Sword and holding a female draenei child represents the closest to perfect male draenei proportions I've seen so far.

Orc male and female have some visual... problems, with robes - male look like cripples due to what it does to their thighs, and female look like they have something very large hidden beneath the skirt.

Worgen have some issues too:
    A - Human form - I wish they didn't have one, both from a lore and gameplay perspective.
    At the very least, they should look distinct from humans even in their human form.
    B - Female worgen head wasn't well done at all...
    B.1 - it's too big,
    B.2 -the muzzle is too curved upwards
    B.3 - the forehead/brow is way too curved outwards.
    B.4 - the neck is too long
    C - their idle sounds are too frequent. sniffing sniffing. it's funny at first, but gets obnoxious rather quickly
    ---

As a result, I find myself playing female draenei, male and female orcs, and male worgen.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2013-12-03 at 05:10 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account

Orcs

Well Orcs in warcraft are unique compared to rest of the fantasy. They are strong,barbarian like race with kind of code of honor. And some of greatest warcraft heroes are orcs

Warrior,Shaman,Warlock

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wowp...hrall_WoD.jpeg
    http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wowp...rc_Warrior.jpg

Deleted
    1: Dwarf
    2: They live in mountains, epic beard and the most important one Beer, Beer and Beer.
    3: Hunter, Warrior, Paladin

Undead and Blood Elf tied at n1 for me. Nelfs close second. I just love their cultures and aesthetics.

Priest and warlock for Belf and Undead, druid for Nelf.

I adore Night Elves, love their lore and their history and their look.

Dwarves are second, (Love playing a dwarf, they are hilarious and awesome.) And Blood Elves third.

Would like Undead more if they didn't feel so fragile when I play them, and Worgen I would love as well if Blizzard didn't rush their models and make them shitty.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to add that Blood Elves might be among my favorite if it wasn't for their exaggerated animations.
    If one could look, sound and act anything close to Valeera Sanguinar, for example, it'd definitely be tied for favorite race.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Undead, because of lore. Priest, Rogue, Mage.

Blood Elves come in second. Paladin, Mage, Warlock.

Taurens

It's a race of big monstrous looking minotaurs. Yet, they've always been the peaceful side of the Horde, fighting only when necessary. Sure Orcs and Trolls have become that over time too, but the Taurens started it. Even then there are still a lot of hostile Trolls in the world, and we saw how blindly many Orcs followed Garrosh too, plus we all know who tried to stop Garrosh first *hint: it was a cow man*.

On top of that, their culture is very primitive, living in tents set up on big plains, totem poles everywhere, they even still hunt for animals to get their hide, it's really cool in my opinion. The Taurens are just a nice relaxing race, and that's what I like about them. Plus, Mulgore is simply beautiful, might seem plain to some, but I really love how big and wondrous it feels.

Warriors, Hunters and Druids.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-12-03 at 05:22 PM.

1. Orc.
    2. Their everquest for redemption.
    3. Warrior, Shaman, Warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    Draenei male are too bulky compared to the cinematics and pictures -> the fanmade artwork depicting a kneeling male draenei paladin wearing T6, wielding a ToC 2handed Sword and holding a female draenei child represents the closest to perfect male draenei proportions I've seen so far.
    That image is sooo beyond awesome. I wish male Draenei would look like that in game.

I love their blue skin, Horns, waggle, the animations, voice overs (German), simply everything.
    I also love the lore, that they are immortal, extremely intelligent and sophisticated.
    Yet they are compassionate, pure and faithful, despite everything they have endured.

For me seeing a female Draenei was a love at first sight and I still wish creatures like them would exist in real life.

My favourite class:
    Priest.
    Highly intelligent, uses it's willpower to influence and if necessary dominate others.

Classes fitting for Draenei:
    Priest, Mage (female)
    Hunter, Warrior, (male)
    Pally, Shaman (both genders)
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-12-03 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite race? Pandaren.

Why? I love that they're jovial, chill, seek out the pleasures in life (booze, food, traveling, etc), but also strive for harmony within themselves, with others, and with nature. Their society isn't built around war machines, conquest, macho grossness, or sneaky political maneuverings/power struggles. I also like how they fought back from slavery and oppression to become what they are.

Which classes fit best? Monk, Shaman, Chef.
    Last edited by Bavol; 2013-12-03 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogre

Misunderstood and understated. The are imposing and brutish, yet crafty and cunning. Awesome looking. Interesting lore.

Warrior, Warlock, Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll
    They are one of the oldest things that are on Azeroth even pre-dating the arrival of the Titans and their history is filled with glory and defeat. Then their modern society is just so diverse in what they practice some practice druidism, some speak to the elements, and others hurt themselves to be filled with strength.
    Berserkers (Warriors), Shamans, and Priest

I voted Undead, but I'd pretty much call it a three way tie between Undead, Orc and Blood Elf for me. I love all three races, for different reasons.

Undead

Pros:

-I love their connection to the Scourge, which is easily my favorite arc of Warcraft lore.
    -The Forsaken are probably the most interesting group, and they're definitely the closest to evil within the playable races and factions.
    -Sylvanas is freaking awesome.
    -I'm a zombie fanatic in general and always have been.

Cons:

-The stupid breaks in otherwise awesome armor put me off from playing them sometimes. I want to wear pants, not shorts.
    -From a lore perspective, I always feel silly interacting with random quest givers. They're talking to a freaking zombie and don't even blink an eye.

Orc

Pros:

-I love their warrior society. They kind of remind me of Saiyans, obsessed with honor and battle. They're definitely the most inspiring race to me.
    -Their history with the Legion is pretty awesome, as they're my second favorite villain faction in Warcraft behind the Scourge.
    -Orcs have always been awesome enemies in fantasy fiction, so it's nice to be one for once.
    -They definitely have the best fighting animations in the game, especially melee.

Cons:

-I'm not a fan of the green skin. The red, brown and gray Orcs all look good, but I'd rather look more similar to a Uruk Hai than to Shrek.
    -Getting killed by smaller, inferior Alliance races is a bit more degrading when I'm an Orc.

Blood Elf

Pros:

-They're far and away the best looking race in the game, especially for female, but arguably for male too.
    -They're similar to the Forsaken, in that they're corrupted forms of an Alliance race and are treated as cursed outcasts. That's appealing to me.
    -Sylvanas is another link between Blood Elves and Undead.
    -Much like zombies, fantasy elves have always been interesting to me, and Blood Elves beat out Night Elves due to the corruption and being Horde.

Cons:

-The male stance, along with the fighting and jumping animations for both, are just a bit too feminine. It restricts what classes I'm willing to play.
    -The racial doesn't do me much good as a caster.

As for the classes, I only really like Death Knight, Warlock and sometimes Rogue anymore, so it's hard for me to separate that based on race.